Favorite at home exercise?

Options
Whats your Favorite at home Exercise? I Usually make up my own full body workouts incorporating upper, lower, strength, core, and cardio type stuff and Im looking for some more fun exercises! I usually integrate upper and lower body stuff.
My favorite is squat press-ups :-)

Replies

• waldo56
    waldo56 Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    Handstand Pushups

8964ee81-15b8-46d0-a870-753a21d2bd65_zpsf112f8bf.jpg
  • lisaabenjamin
    lisaabenjamin Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    Blogilates.com! :-)
  • kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    Fitness Blender DVD's my favorite is the 37 min cardio/abd workout. I also use my treadmill a lot.
  • Shropshire1959
    Shropshire1959 Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    Bedroom aerobics
  • HarrisonAR
    HarrisonAR Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Handstand Pushups

8964ee81-15b8-46d0-a870-753a21d2bd65_zpsf112f8bf.jpg

My husband can do those! Maybe I will oneday!! lol I am just getting back to being able to do real push ups! I used to be able to do 50- 1 legged push0up no problem and could ace the PT test in the Army! Just gotta get back in shape after these kids!
  • brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    Options
    Sex.
  • Vince_1964
    Vince_1964 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Agree with the above ...
  • Shropshire1959
    Options
    Sex.

solo or as a team game ? :blushing:
  • HarrisonAR
    Options
    thanks for ruining my post.. can we get away from sex and get back to exercises.. thanks
  • deliciousmnm
    deliciousmnm Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Step aerobics with Gilad
  • Shropshire1959
    Options
    thanks for ruining my post.. can we get away from sex and get back to exercises.. thanks

Where's the fun in that? and it IS exercise.
  • HarrisonAR
    Options
    Anyone else?!! And I have 2 kids and a house thats 2800sqft! I don't have time for 3x a day! let alone 3x a week! lol
  • lorarte
    lorarte Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Jessica Smith has a range of great workouts on youtube and they're free. Plenty of choice to suit your every whim :-)
  • Vince_1964
    Options
    You asked ... and I answered truthfully!!

But ... if that doesn't count (especially as there's no easy way to log it and I don't think my wife would appreciate me wearing a heart-rate monitor .... LOL), I like to use some of the P90X workouts for my at home routines. I haven't done the full 90-day program in several years, but I still use some of the workouts interspersed with other stuff. Most often, I use the Core Synergistics, Arms/Shoulders, and Cardio X routines ... you've got to be able to block out 45-55 minutes for them though ....
  • LizaGetz
    LizaGetz Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    This is my body weight workout. 4 sets, done for time with correct form. I do this 3x a week.
    push-ups x12, lunges x12, sit-ups x20, cross lunges x12, jumping jacks x100, plank to recover 30sec, squat with kick x20, rev ups x15 (they are like crossover sit ups), jump rope x100, left & right plank 30sec ea, jump squats x10, mountain climbers x10.

recover for 5 full minutes and start again.
  • julieager75
    julieager75 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    For weights I LOVE Les Mills Pump and Chalean Extreme. They are different from either low weight/high rep or heavy weight/low rep, so I can't choose a favorite, I love them both. But my favorite cardio is Leslie Sansone. I love all of her Walk Away the Pounds videos. She is just so much fun.
  • ChaplainHeavin
    ChaplainHeavin Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    Nordic Track Skier machine, push ups, and 2 eight minute plank workouts
  • waldo56
    waldo56 Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    You asked ... and I answered truthfully!!

But ... if that doesn't count (especially as there's no easy way to log it and I don't think my wife would appreciate me wearing a heart-rate monitor .... LOL)

Yo

Create your own exercise, choose cals based on how vigorous/duration. Once you input it once, it should stay in your list of exercises.

Sex shows up in my list of exercises ;-)
  • Vince_1964
    Options
    Yeah - I know I can add it in ... just didn't include that on my list of exercises. Could be pretty amusing on the daily tracker when that "pops up" with the "Vince_1964 burned XXX calories today in exercise, including XX minutes of vigorous sex"