Thirty Day Shred

Options

Replies

• buzybev
    buzybev Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    When I first tried to do it at the end of 2012 I could barely get through the workouts WITHOUT weights. I got to level 2 and gave up because the soreness was unbearable and I was frustrated that I wasn't getting results (then again I was eating the same and more!). I tried again in November of 2013 and was able to go through two rounds of the program. I'm currently doing Ripped in 30 and using 10lb weights. Just have to stick with it!
  • trakky22
    trakky22 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I love this DVD. I am over 200lbs but push myself to do every exercise by telling myself it is only for 1/2/3 minutes. It definitely gets easier but then you just have to push yourself harder.
  • luca15306
    luca15306 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I have just purchased this! starting next week with it! Scared!
  • AKNMHunt
    AKNMHunt Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I have 5 days left of the shred! Love it and coming along nicely with results
  • Kargicq
    Kargicq Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Finished the Shred last week! Ten days of each level, with two rest days each week as well. Made me very sore to start with, but that soon went away. Also, I saw an initial weight gain -- increased water retention to help sore muscles heal -- so don't worry if that happens to you!

Now I'm on Ripped in 30. Glad I did 30DS first.
  • janinelambiase
    Options
    I am on week 2 with the 30 day shred, but have skipped a few days (vacation)
    It still makes me sweat like crazy!
    I was wondering if you all just do the 30 day shred every day or add also other exercises to it, like running etc?
  • Bounce4
    Bounce4 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    I have completed that video twice since January of this year. Stick with it - you can do it!!

Some background data (to show that if I can do it there is hope for anyone, lol).

I did not exercise previously. I have a desk job. I'm 44yo. I weighed 211 lbs when I started it. In the beginning I had to do every single modification and then some. I did not even use weights for the first 10 days or so. Then I used 1 pound, then 3 pound. I had to take *many* 5 second rests. My knees killed me (but I do not have any knee injuries to consider so I just ignored that). I thought I was going to die but I did all three levels. I could not do one single *modified* push up when I started. Forget about a 10 second plank.

I then tried to do Ripped in 30. I did two weeks of that and quit - discovered I was not quite strong enough yet..

So I did 30DS again. The second time I was amazed at how much stronger I had become. The 5 second rest periods were less often, I could do modified pushups - yay!, I used 5lb weights (some I could only do the 3lbs and a couple were 10lbs) - still did the modified version - and I'm totally OK with that. I'm an overweight middle aged mom with flat feet. I don't expect miracles ;) My knees quit hurting!

I just started the Ripped in 30 again. I plan to finish it no matter how 'hard' it is and how many modifications I need to make. I'm doing week one with 5 and 10lb weights and today I only took two 5 second rests. I take the modifications when needed (not as many offered in this DVD). My goal is to do at least one real push up. I totally think I can do that, lol. Not today, but one day soon. :D

My major gains are in strength and endurance. i am seeing some slow gains in balance, which mine is horrendous for some reason. I did lose some weight (but was eating at a deficit) and lost an inch - but to be fair I lose inches very slowly no matter what. I did not measure my arms but I can see that they look better. I can breath easier and my resting heart rate is much healthier. I take meds for my blood pressure but it was still borderline high and it has come down as well!!

I don't do any other exercises at all. With summer coming I will walk more just to get around town but not as an exercise plan.
  • kimsveinson
    kimsveinson Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I have done some of the TDS but I have been doing the Beginner Workout and like it more. It is a longer workout and you can adapt and add weights/reps as you go along, and even keep going with moves during the talking or transition to a different circuit. Many of the moves are similar to TDS but not so much in the combining them together aspect - ie. you start with just lunges, move to lunges with weights or lunges with bicep curls whenever you are ready for more of a challenge. There is a front side and back side so you change it up. I do front, then back the next day, then a day of rest. I feel like I am getting a better overall work-out. Don't like 'beginner' fool you either! You can make this work out as hard as you need to.
  • MamaFunky
    MamaFunky Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    I have a bunch of her workout DVD's as well, and they are all fantastic! There are some I like better than others, but all of them will give you an awesome workout!

Stick with it and you will find yourself getting stonger! Don't get discouraged! If you find you have trouble with one of the exercises, then just jog in place or do jumping jacks....just keep moving! When I first started I had a hard time with the plank jacks, but now I love them! Every time I do them, it reminds me of how much stronger I have become.

You can do it!! :smile:
  • Lucy_6678
    Lucy_6678 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Wow thanks for all the posts! I feel better knowing some felt the same way. I am going to stick with it. About me:
    Age 35
    Height 5-5
    weight 172

I'm going to Cancun July 8th. I want to at least find a bathing suit that will make me look good.
    I coach girls Lacrosse. I was walking 4 miles a day but due to coaching I'm only walking on the weekends until may 15th.

I'm tds helps me reach my goal. I hope you don't mind if I add some of you as friends!
  • janinelambiase
    Options
    I just ordered the ripped in 30 days, just to mix it up a little bit.
    I like the 30 days shred, but I am not a huge fan of all the jumping, especially on level 3.
  • Stadtkatze91
    Stadtkatze91 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Oh I probably won't like the jumping either, because i think that it hurts after a certain time because of my breasts..so i will see how it goes.
  • janinelambiase
    Options
    I started running or doing other exercises while she does the jumping.
  • AKNMHunt
    AKNMHunt Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I do the boxing with weights when she does the rockstar jumps. The mountain climbers and scissor crunches are KILLING my right hip though, IDK what to do for that.
  • katya_be
    katya_be Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    30DS is awesome! I am on day 22 today and I can now see the results. Your whole body will feel great after working out. At times I feel like giving up, but then I keep pushing myself knowing that I have a few seconds left of each workout move. Plus the whole workout is over so fast that I want to make the most out of it. Keep going at it, it helps knowing that there are others out there doing the same workouts. You are not alone and if I can do it so can you :)
  • sk_pirate
    sk_pirate Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Well I'm afraid, that i am too heavy to do some of this stuff (209) - most of the people I see, who show their results, were already skinny and just wanted to get some nice abs. I was also thinking about doing "Ripped in 30" - can any of you recommend that more than thirty day shred? Is it probably easier?
    Oh I probably won't like the jumping either, because i think that it hurts after a certain time because of my breasts..so i will see how it goes.

Nonsense!

I'm 260 and my boobs are massively amazing and I still do the 30 DS.

Don't make excuses, just do it :wink:
  • Stadtkatze91
    Stadtkatze91 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I won't! I am starting anyway on Monday, just wanted to know what you guys experienced with this kind of weight. Thanks for sharing!
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    Well I'm afraid, that i am too heavy to do some of this stuff (209) - most of the people I see, who show their results, were already skinny and just wanted to get some nice abs. I was also thinking about doing "Ripped in 30" - can any of you recommend that more than thirty day shred? Is it probably easier?

Nonsense!

I'm 260 and my boobs are massively amazing and I still do the 30 DS.

Don't make excuses, just do it :wink:

I have that problem, but nothing 3 sports bras can't fix :/
  • DeterminedFee201426
    DeterminedFee201426 Posts: 859 Member
    Options
    30 day shread is too easy for me so i moved to sixweek sixpack abs now thats a more tough i still do 30 day shread sometimes
  • hig17
    hig17 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I just "completed" day 1 of TDS. Has anyone completed this and succeeded? I could barely do the workouts. I did my best and am sweating like a pig!

I'm not sure if I am wimpy and not pushing myself hard enough. I would like to hear about others experiences; successful, unsuccessful, or mixed.

Thanks!

I have been doing it since April 1st and I love it! I take breaks though so I haven't done it every day (usually do the shred on mon, tues, thurs and just cardio on wed and fri) I am on Level 2. Hang in there it does get better! A little :wink: