Mini Smiles.. Can I just say something?

Options
I've been here for a while now... many of you may recognize me. I've seen a lot here, and have made some great friendships, and I realize that while there may be a few things that peeve me, there are plenty more that give me mini smiles...

1. People who have attained goal! HELL YEAH!

2. "Before and After" pics... Holy crap, people are changing shape!

3. Yummy diaries... People are meeting goals and eating GOOD food.

4. Sweaty gym pics... ones that scream "I just busted my *kitten*, i feel so ALIVE, and here's proof,"! I love workout pics. I love seeing how people are working hard, and getting their sweat on.

5. FUN and adventure! I see how people are enjoying an active, and sometimes adventure filled life! It makes me wanna get out there and do the same!

These are just some of the things that i come across on a daily basis that give me smiles.

What are some of yours?

Replies

• Flab2Fab27
    Flab2Fab27 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    This thread
  • JoelleAnn78
    JoelleAnn78 Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    Tickers in single digit "pounds to go" status! :drinker:

NSV threads :love:

The lengths people will go to support someone they've never met and probably never will :flowerforyou:

The bonds strangers form when they fight the same battles :heart:

Checking my newsfeed after lunch and seeing a dozen of my friends were outside walking in the sunshine! :smooched:

And, you. You make me smile :smile:
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    :drinker:
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    Tickers in single digit "pounds to go" status! :drinker:

NSV threads :love:

The lengths people will go to support someone they've never met and probably never will :flowerforyou:

The bonds strangers form when they fight the same battles :heart:

Checking my newsfeed after lunch and seeing a dozen of my friends were outside walking in the sunshine! :smooched:

And, you. You make me smile :smile:

:heart: :smooched: :smooched: :heart:
    Likewise! You truly are an awesome lady!!!
  • sargessexyone
    sargessexyone Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    All of the above :heart: :flowerforyou:
  • determinedbutlazy
    determinedbutlazy Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    You just can't even make a bad post, can you?
    I love this.
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    I love this.

:heart: :heart:
    I just find that we find it so easy to complain about all the things that make us mad, or tick us off.. but how often do we stop to think about the things that bring us joy?

My 6yr old daughter was in a foul mood this morning... and by the time we got out the door... the whole family was in a foul mood. Misery is contagious.

But so is joy.

Sometimes... I like to try and spread a smile, instead of a frown.

but sadly... smile threads aren't as popular. :-P

:happy: :happy: :happy:
  • Anna_Joys_Journey
    Anna_Joys_Journey Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    Love this! ????
  • Tillyecl1
    Tillyecl1 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    NSVs. Definitely NSVs. Especially exercise ones (I ran\walked\cycled X distance, signed up for a triathlon\5km\10km\marathon etc) you can tell those people feel totally RAWWWRRRR!!! right now and that makes me happy.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    :heart:
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    My biggest one, and one that I see almost daily from my awesome badass friend list, is the "Holy cow, I just did something I never thought I'd be able to do!" post.

<---- Here's mine-- I ran an entire 5k. And so did my husband. When we got married neither of us would have been able to do that.
  • Tillyecl1
    Tillyecl1 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    My biggest one, and one that I see almost daily from my awesome badass friend list, is the "Holy cow, I just did something I never thought I'd be able to do!" post.

<---- Here's mine-- I ran an entire 5k. And so did my husband. When we got married neither of us would have been able to do that.

:-D x
  • WillLift4Tats
    WillLift4Tats Posts: 1,699 Member
    Options

I love these too! Great job!!

I love seeing my friends conquer their demons, little by little. And although it might sometimes be a little sad, I love my friends being so honest. They share their struggles, we connect through those struggles, and we don't feel alone anymore. That makes me have a mini smile too.
  • ChaplainHeavin
    ChaplainHeavin Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    I love this.

:heart: :heart:
    I just find that we find it so easy to complain about all the things that make us mad, or tick us off.. but how often do we stop to think about the things that bring us joy?

My 6yr old daughter was in a foul mood this morning... and by the time we got out the door... the whole family was in a foul mood. Misery is contagious.

But so is joy.

Sometimes... I like to try and spread a smile, instead of a frown.

but sadly... smile threads aren't as popular. :-P

:happy: :happy: :happy:

• sfbaumgarten
    sfbaumgarten Posts: 912 Member
    Options
    This thread

:drinker:
  • JulsiePie
    JulsiePie Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Love this!!!!!

And seeing people eat food they enjoy and still lose weight! That makes me happy :)
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    Love this!!!!!

And seeing people eat food they enjoy and still lose weight! That makes me happy :)

Oh that's a good one too!
  • askeates
    askeates Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    You win, hands down.... BEST THREAD OF THE DAY!!!! :heart:
  • jlapey
    jlapey Posts: 1,850 Member
    Options
    Awesome_Smiley_Wallpaper_by_wankingweiner.jpg
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    Every time I log in and see the news feed- my feed is chalk FULL of bad *kitten* lifters.

All I see is people smashing lifts - left and right- there are occasional bemoaning posts about bad days- or moodiness- but I see a constant stream of kickass people who smash their stuff- no excuses.

It really makes me happy.

I get so sad and frustrated when I see
    "oh I binged today what to do"
    I don't know what to eat when we go out
    I don't have any XXX food
    I had pizza and now I'm sad.

Good food- good mentality- great lifts- GREAT people.

PS_ I love sweaty gym pictures. They are amazing.

Also- before and after pictures- Don't care what order- love seeing people rocking their new bodies!!!