Pet peeves, can i just say something?

Options

Replies

• thankyou4thevenom
    thankyou4thevenom Posts: 1,581 Member
    Options
    My pet peeve is negative energy on MFP like this post. Just putting it out there....

x2 esp when it's in the motivation support forum...try chit chat next time.

x3
  • toscarthearmada
    toscarthearmada Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Loose and Lose - Yes, there is a difference.

For some reason I'm always annoyed when someone calls it a "Journey". A journey has an end. I don't call it my "journey" it's just my life...

When people believe wraps and easy fixes work.

People who want to give me weight loss advice even though I've lost over 100 pounds.

Beach body coaches trying to sell me things I don't need and actually refer to themselves as coaches.
  • BrainyBurro
    BrainyBurro Posts: 6,129 Member
    Options
    threads without any cat GIFs! :angry:

Yay! You've given me an excuse to use this one again, it fits the theme better anyways!
    aSmz0de.gif

that's not a cat! :angry:

Of course, not, it's MUCH cuter than a cat!

giphy.gif
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,135 Member
    Options

Yay! You've given me an excuse to use this one again, it fits the theme better anyways!
    aSmz0de.gif

that's not a cat! :angry:

Never heard of a tiger shark? :wink:

PS I know it's a great white.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,135 Member
    Options

4. Pictures of you sweating after a workout. We get it, you worked out hard and congrats on the hard work ! But sometimes, those sweaty pics just aint the business.or you as well. But "-36lbs in 6 weeks!" captions ? Enough said.

"ain't" ain't a word:)

Yes it is. It's a contraction of "am not".
  • mrsfyredude
    mrsfyredude Posts: 177 Member
    Options

aSmz0de.gif

.gif WIN!
  • Ldysw357
    Ldysw357 Posts: 118 Member
    Options

4. Pictures of you sweating after a workout. We get it, you worked out hard and congrats on the hard work ! But sometimes, those sweaty pics just aint the business.or you as well. But "-36lbs in 6 weeks!" captions ? Enough said.

ain't/eɪnt/ Show Spelled [eynt] Show IPA
    1. Nonstandard except in some dialects. am not; are not; is not.
    2. Nonstandard. have not; has not; do not; does not; did not.

Origin:
    1770–80; variant of amn't (contraction of am not ) by loss of m and raising with compensatory lengthening of a; cf. aren't

Usage note
    As a substitute for am not, is not, and are not in declarative sentences, ain't is more common in uneducated speech than in educated, but it occurs with some frequency in the informal speech of the educated, especially in the southern and south-central states. This is especially true of the interrogative use of ain't I? as a substitute for the formal and—to some—stilted am I not? or for aren't I?, considered by some to be ungrammatical, or for the awkward—and rare in American speech— amn't I? Some speakers avoid any of the preceding forms by substituting Isn't that so ( true, the case ) ? Ain't occurs in humorous or set phrases: Ain't it the truth! She ain't what she used to be. It ain't funny. The word is also used for emphasis: That just ain't so! It does not appear in formal writing except for deliberate effect in such phrases or to represent speech. As a substitute for have not or has not and—occasionally in Southern speech— do not, does not, and did not, it is nonstandard except in similar humorous uses: You ain't heard nothin' yet! See also aren't.
  • Trad_Barbie
    Trad_Barbie Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I hate pets. . .except fish. . . I like fish. .they don't poop on the rug.

This is why I have tile throughout.
    So my fish don't poop on it.

This is just so sad...most fish are easily paper-trained. The key is consistency.

I tried toilet training my fish...... it didn't work out as well as hoped.

+1
  • Trad_Barbie
    Trad_Barbie Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I hate pets. . .except fish. . . I like fish. .they don't poop on the rug.

This is why I have tile throughout.
    So my fish don't poop on it.

This is just so sad...most fish are easily paper-trained. The key is consistency.

There isn't nearly enough mentally stimulating material in the newspapers lately for me to justify spending $0.50 on one just to potty train my beta. Let alone one every day for the rest of his stunted life.
    I'll just followed him around and house with a pair of tweezers
  • ChaplainHeavin
    ChaplainHeavin Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    [

[/quote]

[/quote]

Yep, it actually is.
    [/quote]

You're right and I stand corrected. However, "ain't" ain't considered proper English.
  • InevitableButterfly
    InevitableButterfly Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    tumblr_mgqjlcJNow1r8v6qjo1_400.gif
  • sana1314
    sana1314 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Op you are just perfect we should b e friends a loose pds together also lookit me I had a baby twelve years ago and am SO SLIM now (seriously don't pick on new moms wait till you have a baby and see how your body changes seriously u will brag over every pds lost too)

There are a lot of good comments, but you rock lady!
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options
    All of you took this post the wrong way. I encourage everyone on their weight loss. I am 100% supportive

You're doing it wrong.
  • sana1314
    sana1314 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    My pet peeve is negative energy on MFP like this post. Just putting it out there....

x2 esp when it's in the motivation support forum...try chit chat next time.

x3

x4
  • maab_connor
    maab_connor Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options

aSmz0de.gif

OMG I LOVE IT!!!
  • sloth3toes
    sloth3toes Posts: 2,212 Member
    Options
    just aint the business

lies

How about 'taint?'
  • InevitableButterfly
    InevitableButterfly Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    1. When people write "pds" after a numerical value instead of "lbs". Correct me if i'm wrong, or maybe this is a regional thing...but i always thought it was "lbs".

It is lb not lbs. You are not supposed to pluralise units of measurement.
    4. Pictures of you sweating after a workout. We get it, you worked out hard and congrats on the hard work ! But sometimes, those sweaty pics just aint the business.

Post-workout photos are motivating and sexy. Who are you to judge what is or isn't 'the business'?
    These are just some of my pet peeves that i come across on social media on a daily bases.

basis not bases
    I'm not out here to disrespect anyone.[/b]

Random gif response: tumblr_lpg2p8YFPc1qcq2vho1_500.gif
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Post that relate to the "person pictured above you", for example, would you date them, would they date you, should they pose naked...and bunches more that are not only meaningless to the rest of the MFP world, but can in fact be downright demeaning!

Oh yea, this ^^ The desperation of those posts is beyond my comprehension.
  • cholepapi
    cholepapi Posts: 79
    Options
    Hmmm. I guess mine would be people who want to point out negative actions of others because they think they are so perfect. They have to feel superior over others to make themselves feel good.