Anyone eating 1200 cal daily?

Options
2»

Replies

• jwooley13
    jwooley13 Posts: 243
    Options
    I eat 1200 but I also try not to get too down on myself if I have a hungry day and hit 1400 or so. I always aim for the 1200, but maintaining a deficit is the most important to me. If I dip below 1200 I tend to just get dizzy and hangry. Not good.
  • 2befitlife
    2befitlife Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm on 1220 but I stay under the calorie count faithly and even when my exercise adds to my calorie count. You can do it!!!
  • jwooley13
    jwooley13 Posts: 243
    Options
    Anyone who eats under 1800 calories a day is stupid and hurting they're metabolism. Look up metabolic rate and understand before you do this.

Not only are you wrong, but you're also just being rude. 1800 is barely a deficit for me based on the BMR and TDEE calculators that I've used.
  • Tiamaria1010
    Tiamaria1010 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I don't eat 1200 calories every day--maybe once a week. I regularly get 1500 - 1700 per day depending on my workout schedule. If you don't plan to eat 1200 calories a day for the rest of your life, I would suggest you increase it just a little bit.

How many calories do you burn a day?
  • KatMicNYC
    KatMicNYC Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    HI,

I'm eating 1250 a day and actually end up going over that by about 100 because of my two glass of wine habit. I eat all kinds of completely normal food in small portions. I buy a ton of those little baby bell cheese packets, perfect snack breakfast food along with lots of hard boiled egg Lost of salmon 3 oz size pieces, and switching that up with some other white fish. If I have a sandwich it's one piece of bread only. I have small handfuls of walnuts with salads that adds fat and is very satiating. I had steak the other night it was a 4 oz piece completely delicious. I had a steak burrito with lots of salsa last night. I feel like I'm eating better then I ever did. I started about two months ago, but have only been on the site about 2 weeks. I'm losing about 1.5 + pounds a week. I'm happy to share my food tracking just friend me. Also, Trader Joe's rocks with lots of foods easy to track, keep frozen. Great frozen veggies. I have a giant pineapple right now in my kitchen I can't wait to cut up and snack on. Hope this helps to know.
  • ShanShan722
    Options
    1200 is hard to do. I have my official goal set at 1200, but I look at that as the minimum I should eat per day. I find eating little treats like organic suckers throughout the day prevents me from feeling deprived. Good luck! :-)
  • mxmkenney
    mxmkenney Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    This post makes me sad... I eat 1200 calories by mid-afternoon. I try to eat 1500-1800 a day and I exercise 3-5 days a week. So far I'm still losing. THANK GOD I'm tall - I don't think I could manage on just 1200 a day!
  • reenaseunath
    reenaseunath Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi
    I am also on 1200 calorie a day and I am in the same height as you. I am aiming to lose 1 to 2 lbs weekly. I always plan what I am going to eat daily which helps me a lot. Looking forward chatting with you.!!!
  • ChinoBlood904
    ChinoBlood904 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    i'm doing anything between 1000-1200 as long as I get mah proteins carbs and fats in for the day :D feel free to add haha
  • jo_tolose
    jo_tolose Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    i try to eat around 1200kcal daily.sometimes i eat lesser sometimes i eat little more.

i want to cut down on my carbs and increase my protein intake but i find it difficult.

i bought whey protein big container and i just hate the taste of strawberry :-( (i thought i will like it)
    could anyone suggest me what to do.

(I am vegeterian but eat egg).
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Anyone who eats under 1800 calories a day is stupid and hurting they're metabolism. Look up metabolic rate and understand before you do this.

I agree with your last sentence......everyone SHOULD look up their metabolic rate......it's not the one-size-fits-all (MFP's lowest default value) approach that so many "assume" is correct.

BUT there are people with lower metabolic rates than 1800 ....me for example. Over 50 (post menopause).....years of "old school" 1200 calories diets....have take their toll.

Sensible weekly goals........
    Pounds per week
    75+ lbs to lose 2 lb range
    Between 40 - 75 lbs to lose 1.5 lb range
    Between 25-40 lbs to lose 1 lb range
    Between 15-25 lbs to lose 1 -.50 lb range
    Less than 15 lbs to lose 0.5 lbs range
  • jlhudsons
    jlhudsons Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I am. No fun but you can eat almost anything as long as you check your calorie intake on it. Just make your portion size small. I did this last year and lost quite a bit of weight but started not caring and now I am back. Just don`t obsess over what to eat.
  • DanielleH1213
    DanielleH1213 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I try to net 1200 a day. It has worked really well so far. If I get home from work and my calorie intake is a little high I will go for a long walk to get some extra calories so I can eat a full dinner. I am down 11 lbs in 3 weeks!
  • LeahBelcastro
    LeahBelcastro Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I started out on MFP eating 1200 a day. I lost a little and then hit the wall within the first 3 months. You really have to listen to your body and what it is telling you. Recently I bumped myself up to 1500 a day and am working out 4-6 times a week. MFP for me has been a learning process. Along with that make sure that you are weighing your food and not guessing at what you think it is. You are most likely eating a lot more than you think you are.
  • daytolive
    daytolive Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I've been on1200-1400 cal…with the help of some amazing-organic-nutritional supplements that have been helping me shed the last of my baby weight pounds fast…maybe too fast..It's all organic and gives you a TON of energy! If anyone is interested,id be more than happy to help them achieve the same. :) I love helping people! Add me!
  • Flying_Joe
    Flying_Joe Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I'm eating around 1000 a day, but would likely need around 2400 to maintain my weight once I reach my goal. Right now, I'm losing around 5 lbs a week this way - but obviously this will slow down a lot as i get closer to a healthier weight. I'm doing the 1,000 a day to stay on the ketosis side of things and manage hunger better.

Good luck with your goals...
  • Xxoxo
    Xxoxo Posts: 233
    Options
    Meee :) feel free to add me girl! Looking for friends as well
  • Aishteru85
    Aishteru85 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I started out on MFP eating 1200 a day. I lost a little and then hit the wall within the first 3 months. You really have to listen to your body and what it is telling you. Recently I bumped myself up to 1500 a day and am working out 4-6 times a week. MFP for me has been a learning process. Along with that make sure that you are weighing your food and not guessing at what you think it is. You are most likely eating a lot more than you think you are.

I agree. I started at 1200 and lost quite a lot but i hit a wall after 4 months, as i was vigorously training as well... i didnt lose any after 4 months and stalled for another 2...and gained even though my calorie deficit would be well above 1000 per day at the time.....and after experimenting with stopping workouts and bumping up calories i have come to realize that at my rate of exercising i need to up my intake to 1500-1800, depending the amount of exercise i do... and i have been losing again steadily as well... 1200 was hard to do, and i was losing my hair a lot at 1200... i'm generally happier with my calorie intake now and have stopped losing hair...

i hope 1200 works out for you, good luck anyhow!
  • skittlesnhoney
    skittlesnhoney Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    If you must eat at 1200, remember not to net below 1200. So eat back your exercise calories if you plan on working out.

Just a side note: I was in the 1200 club the last 2 times that I tried my weight loss journey. I ended up gaining it all back because it just wasn't sustainable. Also, when you do low calorie high cardio, 6 of the 13 lbs. you lose will be muscle mass. When you regain the weight, you gain it all back in fat (as it is extremely hard to put on muscle mass again). I've learned the hard way and now have a very high body fat percentage. I'm on the road to recomping my body and trying to do things the right way this time.

Good luck to you!