Men 320s to 200s Success Stories

Options

Replies

• childofbodom123
    childofbodom123 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Hey.

I started at 315 pounds and one day decided I had just had enough ... I was limited to exercise so could only go walking, which I did every day for 30 minutes. I very rarely went over my calories and I logged every single day. 18 months with this routine and I reached my goal, I have since maintained for 2 years! Below is my pictures.

315 pounds

before2i_zpsf2d3e2a7.jpg

0d01cc28-6847-467f-9fa1-cb3e3fd81e63_zpsd9a4f167.jpg

And today I am 191 pounds :)

7e4f1a34-6aff-4a50-8287-c039fddbd3c3_zps677cbcae.jpg

eb0a7129-9062-41f9-aa98-56168cfd588f_zps90838574.jpg

Feel much better having lost the 124 pounds!
  • Domineer
    Domineer Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I finally can semi fit into some large size shirts. Its surreal because I've been a 2 and 3x for 10 years. I'm fitting into shirts and pants I wore 12-14 years ago. They say you can't turn back the hands of time, but that statement is a partial truth. Proud to be a member of MFP!! You can change your situation and come out stronger every time.
  • bobbyorr99
    bobbyorr99 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    My goal is 200 pounds as well. I Started out at 330 in late summer 2013 and I'm 285. Its slow but that is ok, I'm healthier for it. I appreciate this tool for helping me keep what I eat in check. Its been a big difference for me..along with the stationary biking and free weights. Keep up the good work Gentlemen..and Ladies!

When I get down to 200 pounds ( I'm hoping early 2015) , I will post before and after pictures. I find it very inspirational to not only see the pictures but read about peoples story!
  • Erodahs
    Erodahs Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    6153298_9231.jpg

Blargh hope I didn't mess up the image tag. Anyway, from around 378 (ish) in that picture, and I think the right is around 250. I'm a bit slimmer now and have a bit more muscle mass but at the moment I haven't gotten around to putting in a side by side of a more recent picture >.>
  • amberrenee813
    amberrenee813 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Hi All,

I would like to see stories for guys who were in their 300lb phase and made the transition to the 200s. Nothing against the ladies, I enjoy your stories as well but I need to compare to other men who have been on a similar journey. I am still looking to lose another 45 lbs or so. Your before/afters and success would be much appreciated! Thank you all for the motivation!

Photo_Grid_1396484504121.jpg

Great job!
  • kuntreeboy
    kuntreeboy Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    This is a great thread and I am glad I found it. It is inspiring. I started MFP Oct 2013. I did really good for a few months and lost some weight. Then the Christmas holidays came around and I completely fell off. Now I am back recommitted and refocused.

I didn’t start off as heavy as some. At 6’0 I was just below 300 at 280 lbs. I am now 260 with a long way to go till my goal weight of 205. I am currently doing the Focus T25 and logging everything on MFP. I hope to kick my exercise routine and nutrition up a notch as I research and learn more about how to get the results I want. I am always looking for friends so feel free to add me as we take this journey together. Good luck fellas.
  • Domineer
    Domineer Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    This is a great thread and I am glad I found it. It is inspiring. I started MFP Oct 2013. I did really good for a few months and lost some weight. Then the Christmas holidays came around and I completely fell off. Now I am back recommitted and refocused.

I didn’t start off as heavy as some. At 6’0 I was just below 300 at 280 lbs. I am now 260 with a long way to go till my goal weight of 205. I am currently doing the Focus T25 and logging everything on MFP. I hope to kick my exercise routine and nutrition up a notch as I research and learn more about how to get the results I want. I am always looking for friends so feel free to add me as we take this journey together. Good luck fellas.

Thank you for your contribution. This thread is growing slowly but there seems to be a good group of us out there with the same issues. Currently, I am 244, with 44 more lbs to lose. Please feel free to post your current weight and goal weight as motivation for others in the same boat. Appreciate you all.
  • JoeMO
    JoeMO Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    Started on 2/24/14 at 312, down about 30 to 283+/-. I've been eating well and hiking like crazy. A bunch of these posts are quite inspiring!!! Stay the course gentlemen!!!

312.6 2/24/14

P1130989.jpg
  • fallingken
    fallingken Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Well done all, I started keeping track back in Feb 2013, And I am only 5 days away from 365 days continuous days recorded. I see my Dr. tomorrow to see what my current weight is, last weight was 293 but I know I am down at least another 5 lbs. I started at about 375 ish and my first offical weight was 368 lbs. I am down whatever the ticker below says VVV down there VVV. Someday I will have to dig out an old picture and add it to a new one, but I know I need to go buy some more new clothes for my wife and my 25th anniversary European river cruise in early June. My goal ideally would be to get under 200, but realistically around 230ish would be great.
  • Ftw37
    Ftw37 Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    Started at 419lbs on June 23, 2013. This last Sunday, April 20 2014, I weighed in at 217.5 lbs.

Still have 42.5 pounds to go.

FTW
  • jasonmh630
    jasonmh630 Posts: 2,850 Member
    Options
    Started at 419lbs on June 23, 2013. This last Sunday, April 20 2014, I weighed in at 217.5 lbs.

FTW

Great job, sir! How did you lose so much in less than a year???
  • joesimtre
    joesimtre Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    At my heaviest I was 308
    I'm at 197 now.
  • jbouthiette
    jbouthiette Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Started at 340 lbs last year, am down to 290 this morning, gained about 10 lbs back over the winter, goal is 200 lbs, but slowl and steady getting there...
  • loosinit42806
    loosinit42806 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    looking great! keep it up!
  • kdrats64
    kdrats64 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I agree! My orginal goal was 55 pounds. But that would put me around 275, so I will try and keep going and just see where I end up!

Well done all!
  • Apple31415
    Apple31415 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    315 to 248 in about 18 months. Slow and steady and feeling great. I joined MFP about 2 months ago after being stuck on a plateau for about 6 months. Have lost about 18 in 2 months so the accountability and awareness that comes from tracking definitely works for me! Thanks for the motivation here.
  • cushygal
    cushygal Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    Congrats to all the success stories!! You all look fantastic and I am sure you even feel better than that :)

Keep up the great work.
  • Tim_CNY
    Tim_CNY Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    5'10, highest was 329, currently down to 225. I'm saving the before/after pics until I'm under 200, which should hopefully be around the end of July. Ultimately I'd love to get back to where I was when I graduated college, right around 175-180.
  • lkilton
    lkilton Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Great post. Very inspiring. I started at about 355 and weighed in at 272 on 4/18/14. I would like to get to about 200 within the next year. I'm going to try to post some photos in the next few weeks. I would like to be down 100 lbs when I do that.
  • Ftw37
    Ftw37 Posts: 386 Member
    Options

FTW

Great job, sir! How did you lose so much in less than a year???

I'm eating a healthy, balanced diet with no weird injections, supplements, powders, potions, lotions or medicines. I log all my food. I weigh myself only once a week. I exercise daily. I attend my weekly weight-loss support group here in Toronto.

Plus I've gone health-related gadget crazy. Been through two fitbits, several sports watches, and other monitoring pods, straps, meters, HRMs and other wearable and mountable units.

I never have a "cheat" day, and I have essentially stopped drinking alcohol. I do not eat back all my exercise calories, either.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!