Another newbie....Hi

AerikaJ
AerikaJ Posts: 11 Member
edited September 22 in Introduce Yourself
Hi everyone. I downloaded the app some time ago and only started using it five days ago. It's so easy and so vey helpful. I'll be 40 next year and really want to be in better shape. I lost 20 pounds on WW about 2 1/2 years ago.....as they say, "Life Happens". So, after a divorce and a couple of moves I have slowly put all but five back on. : ( Motivation is my main problem so I wanted to hopefully use my time off from work for the holidays to get back into a routine. I seriously need meal ideas because if I'm hungry when I get off work, I'll eat anything. I know planning ahead is key. Hoping to find some buddies here to help motivate and encourage.

Happy New Year!

Replies

• Silky815
    Silky815 Posts: 367 Member
    Welcome and good luck losing the weight you want to lose. Feel free to add me as a friend on here. YOU CAN DO THIS.
  • jparson714
    jparson714 Posts: 171 Member
    Welcome! SparkRecipes.com and http://400caloriesorless.com are two great sites that I use to find lower calorie recipes. Spark Recipes has a free app for iPhone, don't know about the others. Good luck!
  • This site is a good place to be. Great people that are supper motivated, you are going to love it here. WELCOME!
  • EricInArlington
    EricInArlington Posts: 531 Member
    YOU WILL DO IT!!!!!! :)
  • It's definitely doable!!

For recipes - try getting some of the ziploc zip and steam bags. If you're anything like me and hate slaving over a stove to get homemade food and prefer convenience foods - these are totally worth it - I can throw a FROZEN chicken breast into a bag with some seasoning and microwave it for about 10 minutes -- while that's going I'll throw some veggies and seasoning in another bag, and as soon as the chicken is done I pull it out and then cook the veggies for 5 minutes or so (the bags have directions on them) this way I can get veggies and chicken all cooked and ready in less than 15 minutes. And the seasoning possibilities are endless!!
  • brittyboo07
    brittyboo07 Posts: 109 Member
    Welcome! I am new too I just added you as a friend. Good luck and you will really like this site!
  • AerikaJ
    AerikaJ Posts: 11 Member
    Thanks for the warm welcome and recipe ideas. I'll be checking out Spark Recipes and those freezer bags.
This discussion has been closed.