Counting Calories and Water.

Options
So I log in everything I eat, but I have never thought about logging in my daily vitamins? Do they matter? I take a vitamin every morning.
Now my real question was whether or not I should log in how much water I drink. I know that little water glass thing is there for me to do so, it's just I forget how much I drink. But does it really matter towards my "If every day were like today you'd weigh ___ in five weeks" thing?

Replies

• NightOwl1
    NightOwl1 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    The diaries are there to be used or not used based on how you see fit. Logging your vitamins and water won't effect the "you will weigh x amount in five weeks" calculation. However, MFP does log the amount of Vitamin A, C, Calcium, and Iron you get. So if you want to make sure you're getting enough of those vitamins, logging your vitamin would be helpful. Same thing with logging how much water you drink. Drinking at least 8 glasses a day is healthy for a number of reasons and will aid weight loss by flushing sodium out of your system. So if you log how much you drink, you can get an idea if you are drinking enough water.
  • DSPFanatic
    Options
    You obtain vitamins and water not just from the glass you drink out of or the pill you take in the morning. There is water in the fruits and vegetables we eat as well as vitamins and minerals. Keep the best track that you can. If you are still worried about water consumption, try prefilling some water bottles and leaving them on the counter or in the fridge so you can visual see how much water you need to drink and how much you have drank already. Take your weight, divide it by half, and that's how many ounces you should consume a day.

hope that helps!