Max Weight Loss in 3 months

Options
Hi guys, I'm new to all of this, so was looking for some key points to keep me on track to reach my goals.

I'm currently 224lbs and wanting to drop to 180lbs which is around 3 stone to begin with, I'm 6'2 and 21 years of age. Realistically how long would this take? I'm extremely motivated and set on reaching this target and would be willing to put in 4-5 full gym workouts a week. Would it be possible to reach anything close to this in 3 months time?

Thanks!

Replies

• susannamarie
    susannamarie Posts: 2,148 Member
    Options
    You're not very fat, 1lb/week is probably going to give better aesthetic results and result in a lower bf% when you hit goal.
  • pamperedhen
    pamperedhen Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    My husband lost 90 lbs in 3 months time. You can do it, just make sure it is a lifestyle change and not just a quick fix! Best to you.:flowerforyou:
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    You're not very fat, 1lb/week is probably going to give better aesthetic results and result in a lower bf% when you hit goal.

I agree, 1lbs - 1.5lbs a week would probably be a more realistic goal for you.

If you have 75+ lbs to lose 2 lbs/week is ideal
    If you have 40-75 lbs to lose 1.5 lbs/week is ideal
    If you have 25-40 lbs to lose 1 lbs/week is ideal
    If you have 15 -25 lbs to lose 0.5 to 1.0 lbs/week is ideal
    If you have less than 15 lbs to lose 0.5 lbs/week is ideal
  • odddrums
    odddrums Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Because you're so tall, you could probably lose 20-30 pounds and you'd be fine. I would shoot for 10-15 pounds in 3 months but honestly, if you focus instead on losing inches off your belly or waist you'll probably work out and feel better.

Go for 4 times a week, so you have more rest days and give your muscles time to really recover. I'd say weights 4 times a week, doing something like Starting Strength if you've never done workouts [look it up, there's lots of information].

Are you also eating what MFP says to eat? If you stick to that and try to lose 1 pound a week you should be fine. But EAT BACK YOUR EXERCISE CALORIES! If you don't and keep working out hard you may crash and it won't lead to the lifestyle change you're probably looking to get.

Good luck! Feel free to friend me if you want advice.