Truth about PB2 this food like substance

Options
13»

Replies

• UpEarly
    UpEarly Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    <GASP> not organic, contains sugar and isn't a whole food!!? How will we survive such horrors?

Personally, I've never eaten PB2 because I'm just not interested. But, I don't think anything in your post convinces me that PB2 is something people need to avoid.
  • Gratislady
    Options
    Wonderful substitute for high calorie peanut butter. That's important if one is trying to lose pounds.
  • davidrt
    davidrt Posts: 162
    Options
    we are all going to die ,and when we do it will be fatal , everything you eat or drink is bad for you, you can eat organic food your whole life ,and be hit by a car and be killed, if you like it eat it if you dont then dont
  • GoPhil04
    GoPhil04 Posts: 93
    Options
    And? Whey protein is the byproduct of cheese manufacturing...

The old saying one mans trash is another mans treasure is still applicable.
  • runningagainstmyself
    runningagainstmyself Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    Considering that PB typically has a crapload of preservatives in a jar if it isn't all-natural and 100% organic (and even then, don't trust it), and since it comes in a jar, cannot in truth being reliably considered to be a "whole food" since it's not coming raw out of the shell... you would have to be delusional to assume typical store-bought PB (thinking Jif/Kraft/etc. here) to be a whole food, let alone PB2.

But that's okay. Your diet isn't mine. So this preaching really does nothing for me. I'll do what works for me, and you can continue doing what works for you. More power to you.

I totally agree with you, Ireed. It's a great sustitute for regular peanut butter IMO. I love the choocate PB2! You can get the texture to be very close to high fat PB and if you put it in a recipe, it doesn't matter the consistency.
    I'm sticking with my PB2!!
    So? Who is under the impression that PB2 is a "whole real food" or that it has all the same nutritional benefits as real peanut butter?

All I know is that I can add the flavor of peanut butter to my morning oatmeal or my chocolate peanut butter banana protein shake without taking in 200 calories if I can't afford it. If I COULD fit it into my calorie limit, I would, but it's difficult when eating at a deficit. I'm not going to take away part of another meal to accommodate peanut butter when all I really want is the flavor.

I eat plenty of things that aren't "whole real food" and I haven't died yet. No diarrhea, either. If you like PB2 and want to use to it save some calories, go for it. If you don't, good for you, use the real stuff. Who cares?
  • 120by30
    120by30 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I love to add it to my oatmeal, along with some raw honey. I couldn't care less if it's a real whole food or not. I'm actually thinking of doing this for supper now that I've read this thread. Thanks for giving me the craving!
  • KardioKim
    KardioKim Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    PB2 is awesome. Can't be worse than what's in the jars of PB on the store shelves.

To each his own.
  • GoPhil04
    GoPhil04 Posts: 93
    Options
    I'd actually say its better because it doesnt have the possibility of containing hydrogenated oils
    PB2 is awesome. Can't be worse than what's in the jars of PB on the store shelves.

To each his own.
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    Considering that PB typically has a crapload of preservatives in a jar if it isn't all-natural

What preservatives, in particular?
  • geebusuk
    geebusuk Posts: 3,348 Member
    Options
    I tell people I want to choose the most nutrient dense foods on the planet and PB2 is just not one of them.
    Why do you tell people that?
    Why do you do do that?
    What advantage does that have if you can get your enough nutrients from less nutrient dense food?
    How do you define 'nutrient dense'?
    How do you measure 'nutrient dense'?

Pepsi?
    Yoghurt?

The REAL truth about PB2 -
    Peanuts are yukky, so I don't eat it.
    (And I don't think it's even available in this country.)
    Still yukky.
  • Kymmu
    Kymmu Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    I tried it once- didn't like it and also felt like I was paying more for less content just air.
    Much prefer to have a handful of salted peanuts!
  • TwinkieDong
    TwinkieDong Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options
    :) I tried me some PB2 today!! quite lovely tasting!
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    This is the truth about PB2 and why you’ll never see me eat this manufactured substitute for peanut butter

What.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    So? Who is under the impression that PB2 is a "whole real food" or that it has all the same nutritional benefits as real peanut butter?

All I know is that I can add the flavor of peanut butter to my morning oatmeal or my chocolate peanut butter banana protein shake without taking in 200 calories if I can't afford it. If I COULD fit it into my calorie limit, I would, but it's difficult when eating at a deficit. I'm not going to take away part of another meal to accommodate peanut butter when all I really want is the flavor.

I eat plenty of things that aren't "whole real food" and I haven't died yet. No diarrhea, either. If you like PB2 and want to use to it save some calories, go for it. If you don't, good for you, use the real stuff. Who cares?

What she said..........
  • rebalee8
    rebalee8 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    :laugh:

I know I shouldn't encourage you, but that you actually bothered to work it over three days. :smooched:
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Considering that PB typically has a crapload of preservatives in a jar if it isn't all-natural

What preservatives, in particular?

Depends upon the peanut butter (what is typical?)..........To keep peanut butter fresher for longer, manufacturers may add monoglycerides and diglycerides.
  • jljdestiny9
    jljdestiny9 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I know this is an old post, but I wanted to let everyone know, I have used PB2 in smoothies during the past week. I have had 4 servings in 7 days and I am experiencing horrible diarrhea. So yes, it does happen, no more for me!