what do you use to get yourself ready for a workout?

Options
Before I had my son, I used to blare music at home to get myself motivated to do a workout. It worked so well for me. Got me pumped up and in between one exercise and another, I even caught myself dancing from time to time during my rest periods. My son is a year old and his sleep patterns are still unpredictable (or I would just put headphones in). The only chance I have to do workouts is during his nap daily. What can I use to replace loud music to get myself pumped up? My workouts feel bland.

Replies

• Train4Foodz
    Train4Foodz Posts: 4,298 Member
    Options
    How about the T25 workout, I hear that's pretty adaptable to fit between tight schedules..
    You could use headphones and rock it out!!

Good luck.. sorry im not more help!
  • CuteMonkeyGal
    CuteMonkeyGal Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I put on my workout clothes and my Ipod with my workout playlist. I've done it so much by now that I've trained my body to go get moving like a dog trained to come for dinner. ;)
  • KardioKim
    KardioKim Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    If music is your motivator, use some earplugs? Disclaimer: I don't have kids so this may not be the best advice...
  • I spend a lot of time in the buff at home and their are mirrors all over. One glance here or there does kick my tail into gear because I am a sight for sore eyes...and Techno music while trying to do the Riverdance helps for me
  • maryjpoppins
    Options
    I look through running and yoga posts on Pinterest. I also sleep in my workout clothes, so I feel bad if I don't get up when my alarm goes off at 6. Making a new workout playlist also helps.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    just do it.

get dressed- do the thing.

How you feel is not a good way to go about getting to a workout- if I used how I felt- I'd never workout.

Success is dependent upon doing the thing regardless of feelings. Just do it- that's the only way.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Before I had my son, I used to blare music at home to get myself motivated to do a workout. It worked so well for me. Got me pumped up and in between one exercise and another, I even caught myself dancing from time to time during my rest periods. My son is a year old and his sleep patterns are still unpredictable (or I would just put headphones in). The only chance I have to do workouts is during his nap daily. What can I use to replace loud music to get myself pumped up? My workouts feel bland.

a line of coke?
  • bfwlbaseball16
    bfwlbaseball16 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    music and pre workout drink.
  • rachelg145
    rachelg145 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Are you worried that if you have headphones blasting you won't hear him if he wakes up? Put a sound machine in his room so he can't hear you if that's an issue. Most monitors have a light that changes when the sound in the room gets loud so just put a monitor where you can see if if you're worried you won't hear him. Also, put those workout clothes on first thing in the morning and get a water bottle ready in the fridge so you are ready from the get-go as soon as you get an opening to get the workout in. If you put him down, then have to change, etc, you'll get distracted and then by the time you're 10 min. into your workout he'll be up.

The gym I go to has awesome childcare and it's inexpensive. If you can go during the school day you would guarantee that your little one is only there when other little kids are there...Once my youngest was one I couldn't work out at home anymore. I know when you are a stay-at-home mom it's tough to drop your first kid off at the gym when they are that young but most gyms have a video feed to the childcare so you can see that even if he's crying when you leave him he's fine 3 minutes later and YOU are SO FINE after an hour of peace at the gym by yourself working out without other things to distract you. My kids love the gym, beg me to go, and it's part of the family routine. They are 3 and 4 and I started going when they were 1 and 2.
  • missraii90
    Options
    I would love to go to the gym. Unfortunately I can't afford it and the closest one to me (with daycare) is an hour and a half bus ride (I only have a g1 license). So until September, I'm stuck working out at home.