Squatting, heavy lifts and now my jeans are tight

Options

Replies

• AABru
    AABru Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    I was going to say Applebottom jeans as well...or I have pretty good luck with Lucky brand (no pun intended). Usually I get stretch denim as well do accommodate the moving I do with little kids as well as my ample lower body.
  • bericoco
    bericoco Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Silver 'Suki' jeans have larger thighs and smaller waists
  • dantonn9
    dantonn9 Posts: 13
    Options
    I agree with Silver's Suki jeans. Those are the only jeans I can wear.
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    Loft cury and AE artist fit were best for me when I had squater legs with a smaller waist. Or become friends with a tailor and have them take in the waist.
  • kimad
    kimad Posts: 3,010 Member
    Options
    I was going to say Applebottom jeans as well...or I have pretty good luck with Lucky brand (no pun intended). Usually I get stretch denim as well do accommodate the moving I do with little kids as well as my ample lower body.

I like my Lucky Brand flare style jeans - I find they have the most stretch of all of their styles. Maybe you need a good quality jean that does have stretch in the denim?
  • freckledjezebel
    freckledjezebel Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Find a good tailor. Buy jeans that fit your thighs and butt and then have the waist taken in. Bodies are too varied for companies to make jeans for every body type out there.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    silver suki are good, apple bottom and last but not least old navy sweetheart jeans are good too.

ETA: I have found areopostle boot cut are good too...
  • corgicake
    corgicake Posts: 846 Member
    Options
    I don't know if this trick works for women's jeans as well, but I recently discovered that pretty much anything rapper-designed or similar has tons of thigh room. There are also jeans made specifically for cyclists and the like that cost nearly a hundred bucks a -pair- versus the rapper-designed ones which routinely surface at local thrift stores for ten to fifteen a pop. One of these things is not in my budget.
  • superhippiechik
    superhippiechik Posts: 1,044 Member
    Options
    The clothing line "Licious" caters to the curvy girl. Made for the woman with the small waist and big *kitten*&thighs,just like the creator,Coco!
    I love her!
  • walkwithme1
    walkwithme1 Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the help!
  • KaylaBushman
    Options
    I have also found good success with Whitehouse BlackMarket Jeans. Great quality and I never buy them full price, they always have jeans on clearance for $20-$50. They make a few styles so I have to just try them on, But I own about 3 pair and love THem!
  • SezxyStef
    Options

I just saw this on HLN today...they needed 15k to startup and they got 250k..so looking forward to seeing them on the market in the next year...

ETA: it's up to 328k
  • Strokingdiction
    Strokingdiction Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    You find a pair of jeans that fit your hip/thigh area and you take them to a tailor for the waist to be altered. Just make sure you wash them a couple of times before alterations.
    yep.

yep x2. I've been doing that for years now. It adds a few dollars to the price of the jeans but it's way better than using a belt to cinch in place.
  • TheStephil
    TheStephil Posts: 858 Member
    Options

I saw these on huffington post yesterday. I really hope that they don't cost an arm and a leg.
  • SezxyStef
    Options

I saw these on huffington post yesterday. I really hope that they don't cost an arm and a leg.

on the startup it was 109$ if in US...129$ outsdie (extra 20 was for shipping) hard to say what they will cost in store.
  • DianeinCA
    DianeinCA Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Lots of jeans suck. If the jeans don't fit, it's THEM not you.

Please to read: http://www.graspingforobjectivity.com/2012/02/jeans.html

If you have to, save up and buy the best jeans you can possibly afford. There are quality jeans out there that will fit you, I PROMISE.

(Also, you're probably retaining water.)
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options

on the startup it was 109$ if in US...129$ outsdie (extra 20 was for shipping) hard to say what they will cost in store.

looking like 100$ pretty much- women's cuts are limited- straight and boot cut it seems- disappointing- they say straight leg- and showcase a skinny- I'm not convinced- but I do love the idea.
  • walkwithme1
    walkwithme1 Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    I'm waiting for the barbell brand. I don't mind laying good money for quality jeans. Just hope there is a store close by that will sell them and not just online.
  • Karlbarbell
    Options
    Have you seen Barbell Apparel Jeans?! They make jeans for those with muscular legs/butts and they're extremely functional so you never have to worry about ripping your jeans in the crotch ever again. www.BarbellApparel.com!!!!!