C5K -extention from " too fat to run" thread....

Options
Hey all you lovely people......

I had a bit of interest from some of you who wanted to start Couch to 5k in the new year.....

Well the snow has gone and i am all up for starting this from saturday - what about you ?

Let me know if you are interested in joining us - and i will put some sort of chart together to track our progress.

xxx

Replies

• coniconstance
    coniconstance Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    I'd love to join in!
  • jonbairam11
    Options
    I am also planning to start this
    I will be using get running on the iphone...its a good little app
  • forthefab5
    forthefab5 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm all for joining this too... and Saturday seems like a good day! I'm doing Walk to Run from nikeplus... almost the same as C25K, is this okay?
  • kasmir8199
    kasmir8199 Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    I'm hoping to be able to get my running shoes by then. I'm eager to start so key me in!!
  • mommystrong
    Options
    I am so excited to start! I wanted to start yesterday but my sister-in-law & I are training together so we set the date for Monday. Also my GYM is CLOSED until Monday because they are moving. *tear so I am going a whole week without running (maybe that's why I am so eager to start??)
    BUT I will be completing a 5k this year and am currently looking up races in the area! runnersworld.com has a ton of info if any of you guys are interested.

YEAH FOR 5k-ers!

bri
  • MaryChaCha
    MaryChaCha Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I want to do this, too! I tried running this past summer, but injured my calf, so I am looking for the best way to be the healthiest runner possible.

Mary
  • DarcysLosingIt
    DarcysLosingIt Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I am in. I use the C25K app on the iphone
  • DarcysLosingIt
    DarcysLosingIt Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I am in. I use the C25K app on the iphone
  • mekhala
    mekhala Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    OK PEEPS.... So here goes ..... what a lovely little club.

Saturday it is - i will chart 3 sessions a week. this week - 01.01.11 - 07.01.11 did not realise that was new years day!! how great is that!!

Those doing something different - you can play too... but you can only put in 3 sessions to me a week - so the chart will work...... hope this is ok.

for the first week - 10 points per session, progression to 2nd week 20 points per session and so on...... etc,

Week ending 4th March = D-DAY - the one with the most points wins........

Good luck everyone - and keep me posted!! x x
  • ashbridge
    Options
    i am so in. i have a desire deep down to learn to love to run...i have always hated it! here is to a start of a new passion in life...
  • mekhala
    Options
    Hi all, did my first 'run' today, was more like a walk though, but got really out of breath and red, hope my fitness picks up soon! X
  • leastwood
    Options
    I have signed up for the Cowtown Marathon in Fort Worth, Texas, in February, 2011.
    I have bought my shoes, and have been doing an hour everyday on the eliptical.
    I am going this afternoon to walk/run a mile in the park with my daughter.
    I have 60 pounds, I need to lose 100 more pounds, but for the first time ever,
    I am hopefully!
  • mekhala
    Options
    Fantastic! You have done and are doing great ! X
  • jonbairam11
    Options
    hi all
    >First run done today on the get running iphone app 0-5km it was actually really good.
    8 x 1 min run and 8 x 1.5 min fast walking then 5 min cool down

dont forget to stretch after your runs everyone
  • forthefab5
    Options
    I've changed my start date to tomorrow... I ended up swimming tonight instead... needed the relaxation! Will keep posting:)
  • mekhala
    Options
    Wow! Well done! I could only jog twice for 30 seconds !! Keep posting ! X
  • jonbairam11
    Options
    you didnt only manage 2 x 30 seconds.... you achieved 2 x 30 seconds more than the day before....

keep it up...way to go
  • mekhala
    Options
    you didnt only manage 2 x 30 seconds.... you achieved 2 x 30 seconds more than the day before....

keep it up...way to go

thanks jon!!!, thats very positive - i think its going to take me much longer than 9 weeks - but i am hoping to get there eventually - going again tomorrow - and depending on how my legs are feeling will tell me if i am walking or going to attempt another little jog...
  • forthefab5
    Options
    First sessions done tonight... made it 1.35km (I think it translates to 0.8m) in 15 minutes... :)
  • forthefab5
    Options
    Hi all, second day done! 17 minutes with 2 x 1 min sessions of running. Total distance = 1.7kms (1.056 miles)