Does anyone love eating at Chipotle like me?

Options
13»

Replies

• missbeautyb
    missbeautyb Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Weigh the dressing - I've noticed that my Chiptole does NOT give 2 oz portions of dressing. Most of the time I'm lucky if it's 1 oz of dressing. If yours really does give 2 oz portions, just try cutting down slowly. I've also found that adding the medium green salsa helps act as a "dressing", too.

Yes, I am going to cut down on the dressing. I haven't tried the green salsa but I will the next time I go which should be sometime this week lol

The green salsa can be pretty hot at times, just to warn you! I like it, but I usually only get a little of it and extra corn salsa. Also, how full are the dressing cups at your Chipotle? The cups are 4 oz each, so unless each cup is a little more than half full looking (since they are tapered), you probably aren't getting 2 oz of dressing. I've never been to a Chipotle and gotten a dressing that was more than 1/4 full (granted, I only have a sample size of like 4 and they are probably all owned by the same people), but I used to be annoyed that the dressing could have so many calories. Once, I got mine to go and weighed the dressing, and like I said it was about 1 oz, not 2, so half the calories the website claims. I felt much better about it after that. The dressing is definitely worth it to me.

Thanks for the heads up about the green salsa. But out of the 3 Chipotle's in my area only one has the 1/4 cups I am aware of. The others are almost half way filled up. Finally someone agrees about the dressing. I love it and can't go with out!
  • LVCeltGirl
    LVCeltGirl Posts: 473
    Options
    Love Chipotle but make it a special occasion place. Always get a burrito bowl but still love all the stuff that goes in it!

Now I'm hungry for the place and it doesn't work into my diary today. Perhaps if I still want it tomorrow, I can plan ahead. :-)
  • spirit095
    spirit095 Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    I've never tried it, despite the fact that I used to work right by one :sad: The food looks pretty good, though!
  • PrairieRunner2015
    PrairieRunner2015 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Chipotle is definitely one of our favorites. Chicken burrito bowl, Brown rice, Black beans, Fajita, Mild and Hot salsa, sour cream, and Cheese....... Yummy!
  • JJeMitchell
    JJeMitchell Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Lost 25 lbs. I get it twice a month probably. I get a chicken salad (no dressing) with black beans, medium and corn salsa, and some sour cream. It's healthy, full of veggies and about 525 calories according to their website. You can fit ANYTHING into your calorie count and still lose weight.

I had a big mac for 540 calories and made it under my goal for that day.

If you ignore cravings, they come back and lead to binging. There's no way to maintain a no fast food FOREVER lifestyle.

I do 80/20 with healthy/unhealthy. This is the longest I've ever maintained my weight. It's because I did NOT go to extremes.
  • Sara2652
    Sara2652 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Just so you know this thread influenced my lunch choice today! Yummy!
  • DellaWiedel
    DellaWiedel Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I had Chipotle for lunch today (Carnitas salad) and it was DELICIOUS. I didn't get the salad dressing though, it adds way more calories, and it still tastes great without it. :)
  • astronomicals
    astronomicals Posts: 1,537 Member
    Options
    Yes.

I dont get the suggestions of eating half a burrito bowl.... i dont get sour cream, cheese, or guac.... all that leaves is meat, vegetables, beans, and rice

i double the meat, get like 5 scoops of salsa (not kidding, its free), go light on the rice,and double the beans... its like 900 calories, but, that completely fits my calorie goals and it keeps me full for a long time... sure, I could split it in half, but, its not a necessity.. i should add that its like 80 grams of protein in my bowl

ETA:

sometimes I get no rice and get chips with it... chips and rice are both simple carbs.. not a huge difference.. this leaves me more room for additional vegetables or beans (both of which are free no matter how much you ask for)
  • ik70
    ik70 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I love Chipotle. Just had an entire Chicken Bowl for dinner. Almost like 1140 calories, but loved it. :love:
  • SquidVonBob
    SquidVonBob Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I eat it maybe 3-4 times a week. I love their bowls so much because I can eat it slowly while doing my work. I end up super full for 580kcal. I go in so often I feel like the employees are judging me...
  • missjones513
    missjones513 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    I love Chipotle, unfortunately what I get isn't that healthy. Buritto bowl with white rice, pinto beans, barbacoa, medium salsa, sour cream and cheese.

I only go there once a week if that. I treat it as a cheat meal. I eat the whole bowl.
  • missbeautyb
    Options
    I've never tried it, despite the fact that I used to work right by one :sad: The food looks pretty good, though!

I encourage you to try it. It taste just as good as it looks!
  • missbeautyb
    Options
    Just so you know this thread influenced my lunch choice today! Yummy!

Lol sounds great! I think I will having a bowl for lunch today!