Went from 169 to 185 in 2 1/2 months :(

Options
2»

Replies

• Clareel
    Clareel Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I can gain huge amounts of weight - looking back at what I've eaten it's not surprising but at the time I don't feel like I'm being 'that bad'. It's a lesson, learn from it. Don't allow yourself to quit again, fair enough if you have a bad day, weekend, week even but then you need to be like 'enough is enough'.

Even if you are really struggling but still trying, you will probably not be gaining as much weight as if you just think **** it!
  • ccsick
    ccsick Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Hmmmmmmmmmmmm, I hate when that happens.
  • jzynanja
    jzynanja Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Definitely can relate - I can gain weight so quickly it's ridiculous. Don't feel bad, get back up and move forward. Feel free to friend me and we can share encouragement and motivation and support and do this thing right!
  • NCchar130
    NCchar130 Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    I can totally relate! I was at 164 last May, about 10 lbs from my goal. Maintained it until October, then just quit caring about it at all...stopped working out, stopped logging food. I've never handled stress well and I had some serious stuff going on elsewhere and it just seemed like too much. Still pretty mad at myself. Anyway, I came back to MFP in January for about a week, then back again about a month ago. I had gained back about 19 pounds (of the 53 I had lost) and have now lost a little over 4 lbs of that.
  • pinkupooh
    pinkupooh Posts: 155
    Options
    hmm for chocolates I think stick to dark chocolate and limited quantity. For Frozen food at least it is easy to count calories, so stay focused on daily allowed calories. My problem is mindless eating and I eat lot of home made Indian food where I just guestimate the calories(seems like I calculate it incorrectly.) :(
  • roobe18
    roobe18 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I was at 148 right before Christmas which was actually about a 4 lb loss since Thanksgiving. I think what happened with me is that I had indulged in naughty Christmas treats, and when I didn't gain, but actually lost, I thought "wow, I can eat these naughty things with no consequence". Thus began my post Christmas binge. The past few weeks my clothes have been awefully tight and I've noticed that I've naturally been gravitating towards more loose fitting, comfortable clothes. So I decided to get brave and hop on the scale yesterday. 163!!! I about died. It's all about just getting back into the swing of things. It does REALLY suck losing weight you've already lost once. And it's really hard to get back into the mojo of losing weight and watching what you eat. I began yesterday and found that little things kept popping up. Someone's birthday at work, the place I had planned to go to for lunch had a gas leak so I had to go to the next closest thing which was fast food, I was too tired to cook what I had planned earlier in the day, etc... It's a hard fight. Unfortunately, I guess there's no answers other than just trying your best.
  • pghfitgirl
    Options
    This has happened to me too. I just was not as strict as before and not consistent with logging calories. Sometimes when I have stressful times in my life, I don't have the energy to put into food/exercise.

Don't let it discourage you....you can start again!!
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    Yup. Gained 12 pounds in 2 months.
    I'm working really hard now to get it off though. I can't stand it.
  • tropicaltiger
    Options
    yes I can relate-I lost 94 pounds 5 years ago-keep it off-then put 20 pounds back on -I am 8 pounds away from from reaching my goal-I can truly realate you are more then welcome to friend me
  • Pirate_chick
    Pirate_chick Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    After going from 210 to 150, I allowed myself to go from 150 to 291 from 2001 to 2014. I just didn't care anymore. but I am now at 248. Lesson learned.
  • sunflowerhippi
    sunflowerhippi Posts: 1,086 Member
    Options
    Yes, Last summer I never made it to the gym. I am a nanny and normally go when the kids are at school since they are in 1st grade now, so summer I have to watch my food even more just to maintain. I thankfully only gained back about 10lbs but those have taken so long to lose again.
  • dianaeatworld
    dianaeatworld Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I started dating my boyfriend and went from 140 to 147 then I quit smoking 13 months ago and went from 147lbs to 165lbs in a matter of 3 months. Been struggling to lose it since. Last September I was down to 152 but put it all back on over the holidays. I'm down 4 lbs now. Just bought a food scale today. Portion size is my problem. I can eat only three meals a day, but those three meals would be ridiculously huge. I lost 60 lbs twice before, one when I was 21 and once again after I had my son. It was easy back in the day...now, not so much....
  • Jestinia
    Jestinia Posts: 1,154 Member
    Options
    I'm a binge eater. I can gain that much in two and a half weeks, plus some water weight. I use MFP to remind me of that. I put in all my calories when I have a binge day. MFP helpfully tells me, "If every day were like today, in five weeks, you'd weigh 200 pounds." (It thinks I weigh 118. Actually, I weigh 125 and I'm trying to get back to 118 and then a bit below that). The shock of seeing that number generally keeps me on track...most of the time.

In a way it's good that I have a binge eating issue, because the weight doesn't creep up on me unexpected. It pounces. I can bust out of my skinny jeans in way less than a week. Which is another way I keep myself from completely losing it. Or rather, regaining it. I threw out all my baggy jeans and loose skirts and dresses, except one house dress, because damned if I'm sitting around in confining clothes all day. If I can't zip any of my zippers when it's time to leave the house, I have no choice but to go naked or lose weight, because I sure can't afford to buy more. Lucky for everyone out there in the world, I've never yet had to resort to going naked.
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    The key, of course, is to not let loose. Accept--and even try to embrace--that this will require a lifelong commitment. Try to make it fun over the long term.

That's it.
  • ianthy
    ianthy Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    Hi

I have the same issue - if I take my eye off the ball then I gain weight really quickly. Holiday and Xmas are time for me - the only thing that seems to work and limit the damage is to keep tracking /logging during those periods.