Anyone else not here to lose weight?

Options
I lost weight as a consequence of working out (although I wasn't trying to really). My goal here is to track workouts and find like minded people. I joined this site because I thought it was more fitness oriented? Turns out it's mostly weight loss oriented. Am I in the wrong place?

Replies

• SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    no this is a calorie counting site actually.

You can find folks who are losing, maintaining, gaining/bulking.

There are lots of discussions about fitness and working out.
  • Curtruns
    Curtruns Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    I use the site primarily to track my nutrition in order to run injury free. For my fitness, I use runkeeper. It links up to this app as well so the information is shared between the two.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    I'm here to maintain my awesomeness, also to track nutrition (fiber, protein, etc.) and to track my exercise.
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,899 Member
    Options
    I'm mostly here to troll the forums, check out the bikini pics, laugh at derp, and pick up and share the occasional helpful tidbit of information . . .
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options

I'm mostly here to troll the forums, check out the bikini pics, laugh at derp, and pick up and share the occasional helpful tidbit of information . . .

these two things.
  • mikemc620
    mikemc620 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    A good site to track workouts is fitocracy. This is where you go to track your food and learn how to look like the hulk with 2 lb weights in 7 minutes.
  • rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
    Options
    It is very heavily weight loss oriented but there are enough general fitness people to make it worth while.
  • GiddyupTim
    GiddyupTim Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    I am not really here to lose weight. I find many discussions of exercise, fitness, etc. Perhaps you should try the groups. There are plenty of group forums about running, strength training, yoga, etc. I even belong to a tennis group here.
  • AdventureFreak
    AdventureFreak Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    You just need to find the right buddies. There are plenty of athletes and fitness minded people around here you just have to look a bit.
  • BrainyBurro
    BrainyBurro Posts: 6,129 Member
    Options

Im finding them. I thought "myfitnesspal" would be more about fitness than calories! My bad hahaha

it's mostly a calorie tracking and weight loss site, but you can find private groups related to lots of fitness activities... strength training, crossfit, yoga, etc.

so there are people on here actively talking about those topics as well, but they're not quite so visible on the forums since so many people are focusing on the basics of weight loss.