belly fat! exercise?

Options
deup
deup Posts: 129 Member
okay so i finnaly went from a size 44 to a size 38 jeans, tryed a few on yesterday and omg they fit but i look horrble in them only due to belly fat just on the front basically and i am wondering if there any way to work on that section while working on everything else what exercise could i do daily or 6 days a week to help reduce this section?

atm i work between a elliptical and a treadmill

Replies

• _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    You can't spot reduce. It's overall body fat you need to reduce which is your diet.
  • Sinisterly
    Sinisterly Posts: 10,913 Member
    Options
    Extreme cosetting? XD
    Lipo?
  • norcalskater
    norcalskater Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    There is no way to do it. All you can do is try to lose weight and it will come off in time.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    can't spot reduce
    continue eating in deficit
    lift heavy using compound movements
    mix in some cardio on off work out days to increase calorie burns

that is about it...
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    You can't spot reduce......

Are you just doing cardio? Cardio will burn calories, is great for your heart, and builds stamina.

Resistance training will help shape your body. I like pilates......it works your entire core. This helps to make me "appear" slimmer....I'm standing taller, and kind of hold things in a bit.
  • Jennisin1
    Jennisin1 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    I did read that HIIT is more effective than stead state for burning fat, esp belly fat.

"While it's true that you can't spot reduce, research shows that high-intensity interval training (HIIT) may be more effective than traditional cardio at getting rid of stubborn abdominal body fat. Plus strengthening your core muscles can help create flatter, more drawn-in abs and improve your posture, contributing to a slimmer, sexier waistline" - See more at: http://www.shape.com/fitness/workouts/15-minute-belly-fat-blaster-workout#sthash.wF5voZmt.dpuf
  • asciiqwerty
    asciiqwerty Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    you can't spot reduce, when you lose where it comes off is something that you can't control

but, I've been doing pilates for 4 years, and now that my weight is dropping my tummy is looking and feeling thinner, I and feel the muscles in my core as i walk and it feels great
    I do pilates for core stability becasue of medical issues that I have, but it has really helped tone and strengthen my core

other core stability exercises are litkly to help too
    and any sort of strength/resistance/bodyweight will help

pick a plan/style/class that suits you, that you like and that you can stick with ENJOY
  • InForBacon
    InForBacon Posts: 1,508 Member
    Options
    Eat more bacon. That should do it.
  • JakeNJ95
    JakeNJ95 Posts: 54
    Options
    http://www.truthaboutabs.com/growth-hormone-and-testosterone.html

Squatting is the best thing in the world.
  • Strokingdiction
    Strokingdiction Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    I did read that HIIT is more effective than stead state for burning fat, esp belly fat.

"While it's true that you can't spot reduce, research shows that high-intensity interval training (HIIT) may be more effective than traditional cardio at getting rid of stubborn abdominal body fat. Plus strengthening your core muscles can help create flatter, more drawn-in abs and improve your posture, contributing to a slimmer, sexier waistline" - See more at: http://www.shape.com/fitness/workouts/15-minute-belly-fat-blaster-workout#sthash.wF5voZmt.dpuf

Hmmm....
  • shapefitter
    shapefitter Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    You need to strenghten your core muscles. Planks, squats, lifting and lots of other things, that I don't know the correct term for. (If, I could draw a picture, I'd show you). Anyhow, I developed fairly strong core muscles in my younger days, by swimming, dancing, walking, and pretending my naval could touch my spine, if I sucked my stomach in long enough. I've later learned, that's a form of Yoga lol Google, will probably give you the answer :)
  • Vincentsz
    Vincentsz Posts: 407 Member
    Options

THIS!!!

Hmmm....
  • deup
    deup Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    lol love some of your guys comments eat more bacon if only omg. anyways thank you guys for all the info :) i wasn't sure if i could spot work on that while working on everything else :) i guess i keep going with what i am doing :) again thank you all
  • shapefitter
    Options

No offence, but that's not quite it, either. I can't believe nobody knows the basics. Didn't anyone learn anything in PE? Lol
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options

No offence, but that's not quite it, either. I can't believe nobody knows the basics. Didn't anyone learn anything in PE? Lol

Please elaborate...

That pretty much hits everything.

Modest deficit, strength training, some cardio, patience, can't spot reduce.....
  • FitMe758
    FitMe758 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    In PE I learned to be picked last :P

But seriously, we did crunches in P.E.
    And no, crunches do not reduce abdominal fat. Crunches help strengthen ab muscles. But regardless of what my Lotte Berke Method DVD says, Muscle Does NOT Eat fat.

You still have lose fat all over, even if you do side-bends or sit ups.
  • shapefitter
    Options
    This is what I was getting at :) www.brianmac.co.uk/articles/article084.htm
  • Vincentsz
    Vincentsz Posts: 407 Member
    Options

THIS!!!

Hmmm....
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options
    This is what I was getting at :) www.brianmac.co.uk/articles/article084.htm

5YovKN3.jpg

OK, those are some core exercises....what does that have to do with belly fat, and the nice stomach thread...?