Any thoughts on breakfast on the go (during the week)?

Options
JRIV60
JRIV60 Posts: 732 Member
I eat breakfast at work so I usually eat a breakfast bar (Nutrigrain) or warm up some oatmeal. Any other suggestions to keep me from getting bored during the week? I am not a big breakfast person so bacon and eggs at 9am does not sound appealing to me.

Replies

• sunnyk8
    sunnyk8 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I toast a bagel thin while I am getting ready and then spread weight watchers cream cheese on it and take it to work. Or I toast an eggo nutrigrain blueberry waffle and just eat it plain on the way to work (you can eat it with your hands when it's plain!)

Fruit is pretty easy, obviously, too! Or make a quick smoothie in the morning!
  • adecar
    adecar Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Even though you don't like bacon.... there are now ready made bacon. Which only takes 30 seconds to cook. It's quick and not as greasy as "Mom's home made bacon". I'm in for what's quick so I can do that and a slice of toast in the am and hit the road running.

Also waffles are easy also.
  • JRIV60
    Options
    The bagels and the waffles sound like a plan.
  • ErrataCorrige
    ErrataCorrige Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    I have a toaster that also poaches an egg while it cooks your toast. I put it all in and it cooks in three min. Then i slap in some cheese and wrap it to go. Eat it on the drive or at work. Like an egg McMuffin but WAY less cals when you do it yourself.

Also, i go for energy bars rather than nutrigrain type stuff. Lots more protein and fiber for the cals.
  • rstuartcpa
    rstuartcpa Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    How about a fruit and wheat whey smoothie? The whey gives one protein with low calories and the fruit give you complex carbs. Plus you can carry it and sip it as you drive/commute to work.
  • spinndrift
    Options
    What about porridge?

I used to hate the stuff but shove some sultanas in it and I've got used to it and it makes me feel full for ages.
  • JRIV60
    Options
    Great input all - updating my grocery list. :smile:
  • jswoods
    Options
    I use a product called Shakeology, Its a meal replacement/protein shake. Really helps me stay satiated.
  • JRIV60
    Options
    I use a product called Shakeology, Its a meal replacement/protein shake. Really helps me stay satiated.

Do you purchase this product online or at a store?
  • marciml
    Options
    I just re-discovered Carnation Instant breakfasts. I mix 1 packet with non fat milk and 1/2 banana with some ice. then Magic bullet baby! Oh, I mix in a packet or two of Starbucks Via too. Gotta get my caffeine fix. I drink this all the way in on my hour commute to work. Keeps me satiated until my mid morning snack.
  • spiritgurl
    spiritgurl Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I just re-discovered Carnation Instant breakfasts. I mix 1 packet with non fat milk and 1/2 banana with some ice. then Magic bullet baby! Oh, I mix in a packet or two of Starbucks Via too. Gotta get my caffeine fix. I drink this all the way in on my hour commute to work. Keeps me satiated until my mid morning snack.

That sounds awesome...I'm going to try this. Great idea.

A little bit of peanut butter spread on a toasted waffle is a handy travel idea or a scrambled egg in the microwave and put it on a wrap with a touch of salsa is quick and easy too. I love smoothies and keep a variety of frozen fruit on hand to keep it different. Add a scoop of protein powder and it keeps me full through the morning.
  • marciml
    Options
    oooohhh, I love the wrap with egg and salsa idea... I'm going to bring the ingredients into work and make that. Thanks!
  • jennylynn84
    Options
    100 calorie vitatops or vitamuffins are a nice addition. I LOVE these things. We have gone so far as to order them from the site for some of the unique flavors like the pumpkin. :)
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options

It's online and through beachbody coaches/representatives (NO stores) who are not spoken of fondly on MFP since they got a bad rap for trying to sell in the forums – its now a big rule to get banned.

It’s $119 a month which is crazy considering it is basically a multi-vitamin shake (not really protein shake). Stick to protein for 5lb's (70 servings) at $30 you can't go wrong + a multi-vitamin if you aren’t getting enough in your veggies already.

For breakfast I have a chocolate banana protein shake. Its GIANT, like almost an XL McDonad's cup and <250 cals and sooo good! I drink it in the car on the way to work - I am a passanger though so no spilling ;)
  • kathdela
    kathdela Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Carnation Instant Start are really good breakfast drinks.
    Also, sometimes I hard boil eggs and peel them ahead of time so I can just grab and go.
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options
    Carnation Instant Start are really good breakfast drinks.
    Also, sometimes I hard boil eggs and peel them ahead of time so I can just grab and go.

CIS sugar-free however is only available in the US, not Canada which is lame. I had it on my "US-Only" grocery list for years but of course, it’s never on sale when you are on vaca, lol!
  • YogaRunner
    YogaRunner Posts: 652 Member
    Options

It's online and through beachbody coaches/representatives (NO stores) who are not spoken of fondly on MFP since they got a bad rap for trying to sell in the forums – its now a big rule to get banned.

It’s $119 a month which is crazy considering it is basically a multi-vitamin shake (not really protein shake). Stick to protein for 5lb's (70 servings) at $30 you can't go wrong + a multi-vitamin if you aren’t getting enough in your veggies already.

For breakfast I have a chocolate banana protein shake. Its GIANT, like almost an XL McDonad's cup and <250 cals and sooo good! I drink it in the car on the way to work - I am a passanger though so no spilling ;)

Shakeology is NOT basically a multi vitamin shake. It is MUCH, MUCH more than that. How many of you get not only a whole list of vitamins, minerals and protein but also ....wheat grass, oat grass, barley grass, maca powder, sacha inchi, yacon, flax, chia seed, shlorella, spirulina, hydrilla, applce pectin powder, astragalus powser, blue green algae, spinach powder, MSM, pea fiber, quinoa, grape seed extract, green tea, holy basil powder and more, including a whole list of super fruits and probiotics that I just don't feel like typing here into your diet everyday? And at $4 a serving it is truly the healthiest meal of the day. I'm tired of people who don't know what Shakeology really is saying bad things about it. It's not for everyone, but the facts are the facts. This is NOT a simple multi vitamin shake.
  • lindalee0315
    lindalee0315 Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    I use EAS myoplex lite shakes. 170 calories and 20 grams of protein. I love the chocolate. They sell for about $6.00 a 4/pack.
  • amcmillan730
    amcmillan730 Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    interested in ideas too :)
  • JRIV60
    Options
    100 calorie vitatops or vitamuffins are a nice addition. I LOVE these things. We have gone so far as to order them from the site for some of the unique flavors like the pumpkin. :)

I may need to check that out!