ATTENTION ALL NEWBIES

Options
So, it's the beginning of another year, you're still overweight, and you're joining My Fitness Pal. You're all revved up and excited, you want to lose weight as fast as possible, you're looking for the right diet to just get it all off... You're asking everyone on the boards how you go about this and what's the right diet and what if you eat too much of this and what are our secrets... Sound right?

Read this: http://www.sparkpeople.com/resource/motivation_articles.asp?id=620

And welcome. :flowerforyou:

Replies

• lutzsher
    lutzsher Posts: 1,153 Member
    Options
    So true . . . I started MFP November 2009 . . . then floundered for 6 months not losing anything because I did not change my attitude toward food and realize that I had to change my lifestyle, not just go on a "diet" like I had always before.
    I have lost all of my weight since May 17, 2010 because I had my "ah ha" moment and realized that my lifestyle of being a "weekend warrior" was holding me back from becoming the person I wanted to be, and my lack of planning our food made us "munch" after work, then eat dinner too late.
    We have changed every little area of our food consumption. We make a food plan in between paydays, then build our grocery list from that, we plan activities on the weekend instead of planning on what we are going to drink and what party to attend . . . we are living a completely different life than a year ago . . . and I LOVE it.
    Both my husband and I have lost enough weight that we feel "normal" now and are not wearing XXL sizes . . . the first time you can go into any store and try on "normal" sizes and actually think you look good is the BEST feeling in the world.
    Not to mention that both my husband and I look hot and actually have more energy to show each other how much that means (the best bonus to the hard work I have to admit).