workout during monthly period?

Options
2»

Replies

• angeladawn88
    Options
    I hear it's actually a good idea, and it can help ease cramps. The hard part is getting motivated to do it during that time of the month. I'm going to try everything. I'm determand. So good luck. :)
  • ropedancer
    Options
    I workout during my period, although I tend to take it a little easier than usual.
  • Unschoollife
    Options
    I've got a yoga DVD that has a separate segment designed for low-energy times, like during your period. Lots of supported stretches & no inversions. I think that's a great way to think about it - doing something that helps release the tension or cramping but doesn't overwork you.
  • CherokeeBabe
    CherokeeBabe Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    Ok, question here...am i the only one who is more energetic and motivated during TOM? Really it is strange lol. :huh:

So i guess my answer to you is Yeah go for it! I actually like to work out more and push myself more.

I'm more energetic during my TOM, but only when it comes to intimacy, my hormones go crazy! :laugh:
  • Dhathri
    Dhathri Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Wow that's a lot of positive feedback. I Will definitely try exercising.

Thank you guys.
  • vandy29
    vandy29 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Woman has actually won olympic gold medals during that time...so I think it would be okay to work out....it might actually make you feel better
  • redruthie
    Options
    Working out during your period is a good idea. Go for it. I read an article once that mentioned neurotransmitters called endorphins are released during exercise, excitement, pain, love, orgasm and eating spicy foods. Endorphins produce a feeling of well being and are 10 times more powerful than morphine. Just some food for thought :)
  • marsts
    marsts Posts: 85
    Options
    haha apparently im a little late on commenting, anyways,
    personally i hate working out on my period just for fear of leaking or something, i always run to the bathroom after each machine i go on to double check hahaha.
    And the fact that i feel like total crap and would rather have as little people possible see me,

what i do instead of going to the gym , is just stay home for the week from the gym, and play some wii sports or wii fit .
    that way its in my own bedroom and dont have to worry about anything but still atleast burn a few calories =p
  • donicagalek
    donicagalek Posts: 526
    Options
    Try an OTC pain reliever and then start out your workout with low impact stuff and work your way up based on your comfort.