Mother of Two looking for friends

Options
Hi!

I am new to this site and looking for some friends to motivate me and keep me in check! I am a mother of two children. I gained 60 lbs with my first child (who is 9) and luckily lost all that weight. When I got pregnant this last time (my son is now two), I gained 70 lbs. I have only lost 20 lbs and can't seem to lose anymore. I would like to lose about 30-40 lbs. Today is day 1. (started before, but Christmas derailed me! ).

Replies

• jamiesgotagun
    jamiesgotagun Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    I'm a mother of 2 as well, feel free to add me!!
  • Silky815
    Silky815 Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP, and good luck on losing the weight. We are all for the same reason...to lose the extra weight we have to carry around everyday. Feel free to add me. I am a mother of 2 as well, but unfortunately, mine are all grown up.
  • manleyzoo
    manleyzoo Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Welcome,
    I am a mom of three boys, all grown up now. Still mamma's boys though. Friend me if you wish
  • joycechastity2
    Options
    Welcome. You can add me as a friend if you like.
  • TayJoMama
    TayJoMama Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Mother of two, 8 and 10. 40 pounds is my ultimate goal as well. Didn't gain a whole lot during the pregnancies just after. Still it has to go! Feel free to friend me, this site it very good for encouragement, information and maybe just getting things off your chest. Welcome!
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    I'm a mom of two, Audrey (2yrs) and Harrison (8mos). I'm trying to lose about 55 pounds, I'm 9 pounds in. I gained 30 pounds with each pregnancy, I'd probably have gained more but I lost weight for the first half of each one. I'm trying to lose about 25 pounds (total, just 16 more to go!) by April, when I'm planning on getting pregnant again. My progress has slowed because I haven't been able to get to the gym for the past two weeks. I was hoping to get back this week but my whole family and I have been sick...Right now my little boy is the only healthy one in the house.
  • Chrissun
    Chrissun Posts: 148
    Options
    Welcome! I last gave birth almost 11 years ago and I'm finally working on getting healthy. Great job getting started now! I have 4 children (14yrs, 12yrs, 10yrs, and 9 months).
  • acarter72
    acarter72 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I am new too and a mommy to two (5 almost 6 and 2yo). Add me too! :-)
  • lisalan1978
    Options
    Hi! I'm a mom of two trying to get back into shape. I joined earlier, but the holidays (and having no less than 5 family members with birthdays during the past two months!) derailed me, too! Add me if you'd like! :)
  • jeannewafa
    Options
    I'm a new mom of a 5 month old and battling losing baby weight as well. So far, so good with this website! You can do it :) Add me if you like :)
  • cardbucfan
    cardbucfan Posts: 10,423 Member
    Options
    Hey, I'm a mom of two boys (14 and 15 almost 16). Mines been the slow steady middle aged creep of gaining weight. I was trying to match my 6'3" husband and 2 teen boys bite for bite and that wasn't working out so well for me! Friend me if you want-I'll nag you if you need it or just give you "attagirls".
  • DJJW
    DJJW Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    Stay at home mom of two...too. Those second kids really like to chub us up huh? Feel free to add me:)
  • lilscuder
    lilscuder Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Would be Happy to have you as my MFP friend. Welcome ! Your going to find this so Inspiring & the Support & Motivation here on this site is Fantastic ~ You can do it !!! We will be here for you. Mari :)
  • bionicdiver
    bionicdiver Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Hi!

I am new to this site and looking for some friends to motivate me and keep me in check! I am a mother of two children. I gained 60 lbs with my first child (who is 9) and luckily lost all that weight. When I got pregnant this last time (my son is now two), I gained 70 lbs. I have only lost 20 lbs and can't seem to lose anymore. I would like to lose about 30-40 lbs. Today is day 1. (started before, but Christmas derailed me! ).

I'm a father of 4. Feel free to add me if you like!