"I Used to be Fat"-on MTV

Options
Has anyone else seen this show? I watched it yesterday and it really inspired me. The girl lost 90 pounds in 111 days which probably isn't reasonable but I'm thinking if I put my mind to it I could lose these 15-20 I want to in 60 days. Thoughts?

Replies

• melanie92
    melanie92 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    wow - I haven't heard of the show, but 90 pounds in 111 days sound downright dangerous to her health!
  • tarapin
    tarapin Posts: 169
    Options
    I saw the coming attractions and been dying to see it! I'll have to check the listings and dvr it....thanks for the reminder!
  • ashlee954
    ashlee954 Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    wow - I haven't heard of the show, but 90 pounds in 111 days sound downright dangerous to her health!

I watched it. These people are supervised by professionals. Their caloric intake and exercise are pushed to the extreme. Kinda like Biggest Loser. I loved the show!
  • holly0623
    Options
    I watched that last night !
    She was doing some pretty intense workouts, but they didn't reallly show her diet habits once she started. I think you can definitly lose 15lbs in 60 days!
  • CassieH818
    CassieH818 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I saw it!! Great show. Gabriella did a great job and dropped all that weight! She looked amazing! Another show you might like is "Heavy" on A&E. It starts January 17th I think :smile:
  • brandnewgirl
    Options
    feel asleep during but it comes back on at 5pm today eastern time.
  • bethvandenberg
    bethvandenberg Posts: 1,496 Member
    Options
    I can't wait to see this. Will have to schedule the dvr :)
  • HeatherShrinking
    HeatherShrinking Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    Haven't seen it, but I can't wait to watch it.
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,015 Member
    Options
    I haven't heard of it, but will diffinately check it out. thanks for sharing
  • kizzy_muss
    kizzy_muss Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    i was flipping through the channels last night and came across it...lol...i caught it right as it started...lol...so pretty amazing...and i can't believe i catched the first episode that's something thats rare for me...i wish they would show the calorie intake...what they ate everyday and how many hours of exercise she did.....i have to say watching this show really inspired me and i also loved the updates...like "Gabriella weighed such and such @ the beginning of summer...two weeks later she weighs such and such Ibs"

I also loved that she had a HUGE COUNTDOWN CALENDAR to an event of hers as well. I may duplicate that. I dont know.
  • Scubasab
    Scubasab Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    I had seen the coming attractions for the show and was looking forward to it. I totally forgot all about it!!! Thanks for reminding me and thank goodness I had set my DVR in advance!!!! Now I will have to go watch it so, I also can be inspired!!!!! =)
  • craek
    craek Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I'm watching it right now..
  • LilynEdensmom
    LilynEdensmom Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    I watched it last night, I liked it but like biggest loser, the goals and weight loss aren't really realistic or even that healthy and I have to wonder how long it will actually stay off.
  • nitaneat
    Options
    saw it...was inspired. no support from her mother...and she kept pressing. 4:30am workouts. wow...i did want to know more details....like what she does n how long...what she eats...etc.
  • beethedreamer
    beethedreamer Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    I really loved the show and im looking forward to the others. that being said, I would have liked to see her diet because that's pretty much the only thing they didn't really cover.
  • Sarahbear83
    Sarahbear83 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    She mentioned getting up at 4:30 to meet her trainer before school, going to school, going to work and then going back to meet her trainer after work. I'd assume she got in about 2-4 hours of exercise every day and it was all pretty intense stuff. She also ate plain, baked halibut (not even salt and pepper, half the serving at the restaurant) with plain, steamed veggies on a trip to a restaurant with her friends and mentioned how she'd love to have bread when her friends ordered sandwiches. I'd say she was on a low carb, high protein diet, just from context clues.

While it was all supervised by a trainer and professionals, which made it safe, I worry that she'll gain back some of the weight if she goes back to a 'normal' diet. I guess she could stay on low carb, high protein forever, but it's pretty bland and she's headed to college! She did an excellent job though. I was taking notes the whole time and thinking of what I could incorporate into my own journey.
  • 20carrots
    20carrots Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    I'm thinking that age is on her side--if she makes that big a change now she might have more of a chance of keeping it off. Her young age might have also helped her lose so much weight. I want to take some parts of the show and apply for me: like the big countdown (like someone else said), and the "hard" workouts where you really feel them. No more phoning it in on the elliptical for me!!
  • gsampson92
    Options
    I like this show too. But she did loose the weight safely, she just busted her butt! lol
  • jmcclard
    Options
    Most of those teens they say work out 4-6 hours a day. I would be willing to bet that the weight does not stay off, especially when they actually go to college. Losing weight that fast is in no way healthy. I agree with everyone else in that I wish they would show what all they are allowed to eat.
  • bstamps12
    bstamps12 Posts: 1,184
    Options
    I have only watched this show once, but I really liked it. It made me feel like I could definitely achieve my small goals if they can do that. Plus I saw a girl who was 20 lbs more than me running way faster than I do, which wouldn't be a big deal except that I know she was completely inactive just a month before that. Made me feel like I need to ramp up my running! lol!