Cleanses???

Options

Replies

• MinMin97
    MinMin97 Posts: 2,676 Member
    Options
    What are your logging habits like, have you tracked your water intake regularly?
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    DetoxGraph_zps6af67182.png
    Disagree.
    The digestive organs can be functioning, but not very efficiently.
    Your digestive organs are not all-or-nothing:
    Under the title "Effects on the Gastrointestinal System" in the article:
    "The liver manufactures about 1 quart a day of bile to meet digestive requirements. It is secreted into the small intestine, where it emulsifies fats and fat-soluble vitamins and improves their absorption. Any interference with healthy bile flow can create a myriad of immediate digestive disorders, such as bloating." http://www.lef.org/protocols/gastrointestinal/digestive_disorders_05.htm?source=search&key=artichoke
    name one toxin that your body is not naturally getting rid of that a cleanse will? Just one….
    How about if YOU do that, since you are saying there are toxins the body is getting rid of....

I am not the one advocating for a cleanse….
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options

LOL awesome!

Thanks! Made it myself. :blushing:

what for real? that is pretty freaking sweet…..
  • Strokingdiction
    Strokingdiction Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    Disagree.
    "The liver manufactures about 1 quart a day of bile to meet digestive requirements. It is secreted into the small intestine, where it emulsifies fats and fat-soluble vitamins and improves their absorption. Any interference with healthy bile flow can create a myriad of immediate digestive disorders, such as bloating." http://www.lef.org/protocols/gastrointestinal/digestive_disorders_05.htm?source=search&key=artichoke
    name one toxin that your body is not naturally getting rid of that a cleanse will? Just one….
    How about if YOU do that, since you are saying there are toxins the body is getting rid of....

No, you made the claim, you provide the name. But don't worry, no one's going to hold their breath for you to find this mythical toxin because

it does not exist.

Edit: feces and urine.

Urine is taken care of by the urinary system and feces are taken care of by the large intestine, colon and *kitten*. Any juice concoction you come up with in your question is not going to improve the function or health of these systems.
  • MinMin97
    Options
    Disagree.

No, you made the claim, you provide the name. But don't worry, no one's going to hold their breath for you to find this mythical toxin because

it

does

not

exist.

Urine is taken care of by the urinary system and feces are taken care of by the large intestine, colon and *kitten*. Any juice concoction you come up with in your question is not going to improve the function or health of these systems.
    I made what claim? He is the one who said "name one toxin that your body is not naturally getting rid of that a cleanse will?" What toxin is he referring to?

When someone begins a discussion about cleanses, it's NOT SPECIFIC until terms are defined. What is meant by cleanse? What system is being referred to? etc.
    Have you decided you don't need/like them? Don't do them. It's your opinion, you can do what you want.
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 9,056 Member
    Options
    I think a 3 day colon cleanse is a great idea.....

...if you are booked in for a colonoscopy.

Otherwise, No.
  • mjudd1990
    mjudd1990 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Look up "migrating motor complex." It's your body's housekeeper function for the intestines as it stimulates peristalsis in between meals to move indigestible material along until it is excreted. The only times this is not adequate is if you are constipated and/or have diverticulosis. In either case though water and fiber are the best remedies, not some juice cleanse voodoo.

Regarding your kidneys, their sole purpose is to cleanse your bloodstream and correct for electrolyte imbalances. As somebody said before, if your kidneys aren't working then a juice cleanse will be the least of your worries and it darn sure isn't going to fix the problem.

Someone also mentioned doing a cleanse for the purpose of cleaning out your lymphatic system? I can't even imagine how a glass of kale juice would somehow have a purifying effect on lymph vessels.
  • scottywor
    scottywor Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    MONEY GRAB.
  • toomuchsweetness
    toomuchsweetness Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I think at the end of the day, you have to do what you think is right for you... not what other people think. Everyone has the right to
    their own opinion and all I really am reading is negativity :( Im a junk food junkie and am about to start the cabbage soup diet, not for weight loss, but for the simple fact that I need to prove to myself that I can live without junk food on a daily basis..Im also hoping that after 7 days of "torture" that I wont want to revert back to the old way of getting through my day with coffee and candy. So, in my opinion. It wont hurt you , so what do u have to lose? My only judgement is doing it all naturally.... no pills. Good Luck!
  • asciiqwerty
    asciiqwerty Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    *special snowflake*
  • sphillips7143
    sphillips7143 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I did not post this to see everyone fighting about what is right and what is wrong. I simply asked the question about cleanses because I know little about them and wanted to know more.. Isn't this a forum where we are supposed to support one another? Sorry I asked anyone's opinion. Not worth the hassle!
  • sphillips7143
    sphillips7143 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Well I am new to my fitness pal so I didn't know there were other posts about it. Thanks for your support- NOT!
  • WVprankster
    WVprankster Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    Well I am new to my fitness pal so I didn't know there were other posts about it. Thanks for your support- NOT!

New to my fitness pal=join date: Oct. 2012? :huh:

In other news, cleanses are unnecessary.
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 9,056 Member
    Options
    I did not post this to see everyone fighting about what is right and what is wrong. I simply asked the question about cleanses because I know little about them and wanted to know more.. Isn't this a forum where we are supposed to support one another? Sorry I asked anyone's opinion. Not worth the hassle!

Hmmm, I didn't see everyone fighting.

You did ask for people's opinions and they gave them. Just because they didn't say what you evidently wanted to hear does not mean they are not supportive.
  • nomeejerome
    nomeejerome Posts: 2,616 Member
    Options

To answer your OP:
    Your body cleanses itself.

This is not a forum where everybody holds hands and supports one another. There will always be a difference of opinion and that is not a bad thing. There is a lot of crappy information on the forums (sugar is going to give you cancer and kill you!) and there is some awesome information on here (http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants?page=1#posts-16625920). You asked a question in a public forum and received feedback. Now it is up to you to make a decision moving forward from this point.
  • jbella99
    jbella99 Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    I have been drinking Wholly Tea. You drink the tea twice a day for 30 days and the ingrediants are all natural no pills.
  • MinMin97
    Options
    Disagree.

it

does

not

exist.

I made what claim? He is the one who said "name one toxin that your body is not naturally getting rid of that a cleanse will?" What toxin is he referring to?

When someone begins a discussion about cleanses, it's NOT SPECIFIC until terms are defined. What is meant by cleanse? What system is being referred to? etc.
    Have you decided you don't need/like them? Don't do them. It's your opinion, you can do what you want.

This ^^^^ has got to be the worst argument on cleanses I ever seen on her. At least make it entertaining.
    I have not argued for cleanses, because I can hardly begin to discuss them (need to define terms first).
    Here:
    Q: Did you hear about the hungry clock?
    A: It went back four seconds.

Q: What do you call a boy who finally stood up to the bullies?
    A: An ambulance.

Q: What do you get from a pampered cow?
    A: Spoiled milk.

Q: Did you hear about that new broom?
    A: It's sweeping the nation!

Q: What do you call an elephant that doesn't matter?
    A: An irrelephant.

Q: What do lawyers wear to court?
    A: Lawsuits!

Q: What gets wetter the more it dries?
    A: A towel.

How's that?:happy:
  • MinMin97
    Options
    You need a joke, too!
    Here:
    Q: How do you make holy water?
    A: Boil the hell out of it!

But there WERE a couple of people who took the time to sincerely answer your questions, maybe you could continue the thread discussion by responding to those?