Any 20somethings? I need friends :)

Options
Hey! I'm 25 year old girl who is tired of being "that girl who got fat after hs". I lost 40 lbs before with MFP and sadly gained them back because of depression/ grad school etc. I am moving to NYC (!!!!) in September and I want to at least lose some weight before my big move!

Replies

• timmemin
    timmemin Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I turn 25 next Friday and am on my second round of MFP too. 7 lbs from my goal weight, what what! Feel free to add me!
  • cedens312
    cedens312 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I'm 23 and I just started on MFP, but I've basically become obsessed, haha. Feel free to add me!
  • laura_802
    laura_802 Posts: 16
    Options
    Heya I'm Laura, 23 from the UK.

I'm hoping to chat with people who are currently working towards long-term sustainable weight loss and lifestyle changes. I've been using MFP for a couple of days now and so far it has shocked me how many people seem to be looking for a 'quick fix' and are losing huge amounts of weight every week.

I'm 142lbs, aiming to lose 1lb a week. I've set my 'goal' on here as 8 1/2 stone, but realistically I'm just aiming to be healthy, happy and confident in my body...the number isn't so important.

Anyway, any like-minded people feel free to get in touch :) x
  • manda404
    manda404 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I'm also 25 and looking to lose 20 pounds before my September wedding. My big problem is I'm a stress-eater and planning this wedding plus buying our first house is definitely stressful! I'm trying though. It's definitely easier with friends to help you along the way :)

Feel free to add me!
  • DiveBarDanceHall
    DiveBarDanceHall Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Oh man, you are preaching to the choir. I lost 40 lbs using MFP and over the past two years it alllll creeped back. Feel free to add me!
  • LjdcIdeal108
    Options
    I'm 22 trying to lose 35 lbs overall! I'm also making a big move in Aug/Sep too - so I want to lose at least 18-20 lbs by then!

I'm 5'0. I used to be 115-118 lbs right before college. Now I'm 143 lbs. Getting down to 108 lbs would be awesome!

Feel free to add me! Officially starting today!
  • MissBellaBaby
    Options
    Im 26 I live in Cali NYC is one of the places I hope to visit some day. Good luck on your journey!! I'll help motivate you if you help me. You did it once b4 honey you can do it again. Similar story with me with the loosing and then gaining due to unfortunate events. Lets stay on the right track this time.
  • emmamaywilson91
    Options
    Hi :)

I'm 23 and this is my second time on MFP. I lost 40 something pounds last time and then put it all back on! Got to get back to it as my Dad recently passed from an unexpected heart attack and it's important I get healthy again because my family history has changed.

Good luck everyone! Be happy and healthy :)
  • jwooley13
    jwooley13 Posts: 243
    Options
    Hi, I'm Jackie and I'm 23 living in NYC! Feel free to add me! Let me know if you need any city advice before you get here! It's definitely a big shock when you first get here.
  • starciakathleen
    starciakathleen Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I am 23, but no where near NYC. lol I gained about 10 lbs when I was in college, it is hard not too. You can add me if ya like.
  • catinthehouse
    catinthehouse Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    hiiii im 24 & moving BACK 2 nyc soon & also wanna try to be not as fat by the time i get there. I seriously took all that walking for granted- when I moved back home and started driving all the time i gained like 20 lbs! :<
  • _mlee_
    _mlee_ Posts: 90
    Options
    Hi :)
    I'm 27 and need friends on MFP :) It motivates me to see people log and in return kicks my butt into gear! You can add me if you'd like! I don't have much weight to lose but inches. Don't let my profile picture fool you that was my last round of MFP until I fell off the band wagon, started a new birth control and gained some "extra skin" :D. Anybody feel free to add me! I log everyday
  • ovi212
    ovi212 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Hi ALL :)
    I am almost 23 and am currently in grad school. I'm looking to lose the last couple lbs :)
  • alyjb1121
    alyjb1121 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I'm Aly! kinda obvious :) 27 from the midwest, on 81 consecutive days on MFP. I have basically become a fitness nut in finding out what goes into my body, and what shouldn't and figuring out ways to improve over all health not just my weight! i love it :love: I don't plan on gaining any back once i hit goal because every thing i learn/teach/preach is about changing life not dieting and i hope i can learn to transition to maintence as easily as it sounds (which probaly will be tougher but i am tough and up for it!)

Good luck :flowerforyou:
  • grintar
    grintar Posts: 7
    Options
    26 male, feel free to add and welcome back :)
  • AmZam05
    AmZam05 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,

I'm 22 and live in Pennsylvania. I just got MFP a couple days ago. Even though I never liked the idea of counting calories, so far I really like this app.

I have a naturally muscular build and have never been thin. I suppose it just wasn't in my genetics to have fast metabolism as a kid, and I really love sweets. I tried some workouts and healthy eating in college and lost a little bit, but I went to a 2-year school so it didn't stick, and I got really lazy once I graduated and got a job. Recently my boyfriend took me ring shopping (yay!!) and I decided that I want to drop at least 50 pounds before my wedding in spring of 2016. I absolutely do NOT want to buy a plus sized wedding dress.

I started working out and eating better about 3 weeks ago and lost 10 pounds (I'm assuming mostly water weight) and am currently at a dead even 200. Also I have begun biking to strengthen my legs and do intermittent weight training with free weights and a resistance loop. So far so good, and this app is going to help me stay on track, but I would love it if anyone reading this would add me as a friend. It can be very discouraging to try to lose weight, especially for someone like me who has never been thin, but I think with the motivation of each other's success, we can do it.

Add me! :)

Amanda
  • alliwantishappy
    Options
    You guys are awesome!!! This is why i love the MFP community! Adding all of you NOW :D
  • Fit_Fox88
    Fit_Fox88 Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    I'm 25 and successfully losing :drinker: I'm quite active on the site- I find that being more active in the forums, on my profile and in my diary help tremendously to keep me on track. Feel free to add me, I'm always looking for new, supportive, motivational friends!
  • brs226
    brs226 Posts: 4
    Options
    HI! I am 25 also. Recently joined for the first time. I am looking to lose about 40 pounds. I found after I moved about 2-3 years ago I gained weight. I think not knowing anyone, working two jobs, living in the midwest with bitter months, and easy access to delivery foods in a city helped make my excuses easy. Now that I am getting out more I am not feeling as confident as I used too. I am ready for a life change. I have quit my second job and am ready to place my focus on my health. Please feel free to add me and anyone else too! I am looking for help to keep me motivated, in this mind set, and to help with any food and exercise questions!
  • StarryEyed94
    Options
    I turn 20 in a few weeks, does that count? lol I'm in college right now and am trying to lose about 15 pounds and get toned overall. I workout when I can but it's getting tough towards the end of the semester. I do some strength training in my room almost everyday, though. I'm going back to my low carb diet (about 20g a day) so I'd love some friends on here for some much needed support :) We can do this together!