Back again over 50 years old

Options
I am back again and hopefully for the last time. I am looking for women over 50 who are vertically challenged (I am 5'0") that have a lot to lose, I need to lose at least 60-70 pounds and looking for people in my age bracket thank you.

Replies

• phillyb2013
    phillyb2013 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Hi me too; back again that is....this has been a battle for the last 25 years...since my last pregnancy, lol. I only have 20 lbs to loose (that may seem easy to some) but its not for me...its a real battle I loose and gain and loose and gain, ugggg. I just cant seem to stay motivated.

I am 56, have a busy lifestyle but lately all I want to do is eat...uggggg!!!

So I am here hopefully to find some friends and get to goal and help others along my way too.

:smile:
  • Stormykitty
    Stormykitty Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Hi there. I literally just stumbled across this site less than 30 minutes ago. I wouldn't say I am vertically challenged however, horizontally challenged may be more accurate ( you know the spread caused from years of inactivity). Anyway, I am 51 5'7" and will be losing about 180lbs. Holy ****! I have a twin and I'm carrying her around with me. Time to get her off my back. I started gaining weight after I broke my neck back in 1992. Back then I was about 160lbs but wore sizes 9-11 depending on the designer. By 2002 I was about 250 and wore 18-20 depending on the designer. I stayed about the same until about 2012 and having issues with life long depression started packing on the pounds after an exceptionally traumatic emotional crisis. So, now I am oh my goodness-350 lbs. I feel it is providence that guided me to this site and will make the best use of it in regards to helping me to meet my goals and to keep me accountable. I hope my height does not deter you from choosing to communicate and support each other in the process of achieving our goals. I have made an appointment with my primary physician in order to get clearance to utilize the therapy pool to walk and exercise in beginning next week. Thanking you in advance for your consideration.
  • michelleneli
    michelleneli Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I think there's a thread in the forums for over 50. I don't qualify yet, I'm 46. :-)
  • bm1409
    bm1409 Posts: 1,715 Member
    Options
    Im 54, I lost 20 pounds last year and kept it off but now its time to lose 17 more. feel free to add me as a friend.
  • KardioKim
    KardioKim Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Hi, kitty. I'm approaching 50 and it's a *****. Hormone hell...

I need to lose about 30 lbs. Friend me and let's do this!
  • dcue103
    dcue103 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I am 57 and on the road again. I have to take the other road because the one I traveled brought me right where I started. I am only walking and watching my calories. That is all I choose to do right now. I seem to be at a good steady pace of two pounds per week by eating 1200 net calories. Maybe we can encourage each other while we encourage ourselves.
  • PinkyPan1
    PinkyPan1 Posts: 3,018 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I am 53, 5'1" and recently joined this site.
  • maryseb63
    maryseb63 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I'm 51, and 5'3''. and I have lots to lose too. Always looking for friends to give and receive encouragent and support. Love this site. I have been on it for a few months and is my go to for support
  • icu814me2
    icu814me2 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Why only women? Just curious...
  • dt3312
    dt3312 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    If you click on Groups, then in the search box, type in 50+, you will find some groups for women 50 and older. I wonder if one of these groups would be helpful for you. I'm still figuring out how this website works.
  • schafmom
    schafmom Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Hi there. I'm 52, 5'4" just quit smoking 4 months ago and need to get rid of the 30 pounds I gained. It's seems almost impossible to shed even a pound, I could use some help and encouragement with this. Is there a 50+ group that I can join?
    Thanks
    Debbie
  • terrihuff701
    Options
    Hi Kitty, you just described me! The only difference is I have 1 inch on you! Glad to be getting healthy. I hit the wall last Thursday when I realized I was about to go into a size that I have never been before. It was like nothing I have ever experienced. So I am as motivated as I have ever been. So please feel free to friend me and let's conquer this fat forever!
  • hummingbrdhrt
    hummingbrdhrt Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I'll be 48 in 2 months and am 5'2" and change. I am just shy of your criteria, but feel free to add me as a friend if you'd like. :)
  • wlfsilva55
    wlfsilva55 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm 58, 59 this summer. I need to lose 70 pounds and I'm determined to do it this time. I basically know what to do, but I just need to get it done. Hoping someone out there can help support me along the way. Here's to being a loser!
  • fat2skinny50
    fat2skinny50 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Hello, I too am vertically challenged, only 5’1” and for the past several years I have been struggling with my weight. I lose and look good then I guess I get to comfortable and boom I my weight is back up again. I don’t weight train anymore, I know I need too, but I do a lot of cardo lately. I attempt to stay to a 1200 calorie diet, but that proves very hard at times. Add me as a friend, if you like, I will support and motivate you and you can hopefully do the same for me