Pants are toooo tight, because of squats????

Options
So I haven't lost any weight, but I haven't gained any either. I have been doing squats at least 4 times a week, and even though I only squat with the 50lb EZ curl bar, I do like 60 reps, and I also use the glute machine and I've gotten up to 205lbs on that. My pants though, are SO tight through the butt. So first thing, is that a good thing??? And second, does that come from my squats? I log everything and eat healthy so, I am assuming my squats have something to do with it lol

Replies

• bpotts44
    bpotts44 Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    So I haven't lost any weight, but I haven't gained any either. I have been doing squats at least 40 times a week, and even though I only squat with the 50lb EZ curl bar, I do like 60 reps, and I also use the glute machine and I've gotten up to 205lbs on that. My pants though, are SO tight through the butt. So first thing, is that a good thing??? And second, does that come from my squats? I log everything and eat healthy so, I am assuming my squats have something to do with it lol

Pics required
  • vvvalentines
    Options
    Tight around the butt means you have more butt, which can be a good or bad thing depending on your goals. It does mean your squats are working!
  • GauchoMark
    GauchoMark Posts: 1,804 Member
    Options
    So first thing, is that a good thing???

We'll need to see pics, I think.
  • alecno
    alecno Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Squats grow your butt muscle over time. The fact that you do low weight/high rep means you probably are targeting your glutes even more directly.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    good news then barbellapparell is a new startup company that is making jeans for those who have "booty" and legs from working out.
  • kimbux
    kimbux Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    '40 times a week, and even though I only squat with the 50lb EZ curl bar, I do like 60 reps...'

So you are doing 2400 squats a week?
  • Grimmerick
    Grimmerick Posts: 3,342 Member
    Options
    I started doing heavier core work and also lots of squats and butt exercises and yeah I look more toned but my pants are tighter, haven't lost any weight but I don't mind, those tight pants look better now and that's all that matters to me :)
  • PJPrimrose
    PJPrimrose Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    IDK, but I sure hope so. I could use a bigger butt and am hoping as I add more weight to my squats (sans gaining) this will happen to me too!
  • Eleonora91
    Eleonora91 Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    My butt never got any bigger after any kind of lower body exercise... I just lost fat from it so it got smaller.
    Are you eating at a deficit or a surplus? Because in the first option you can't really build new muscle.
  • RaeLB
    RaeLB Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    '40 times a week, and even though I only squat with the 50lb EZ curl bar, I do like 60 reps...'

That was my first thought lol.
  • iRun_Butterfly
    iRun_Butterfly Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    Since I've started doing squats I've noticed this in the outer thigh area, some of my work pants have gotten a bit snug. Wish it were more in my bum.
  • FitnessLover001
    FitnessLover001 Posts: 188 Member
    Options

typo i DEF meant 4 times a week! sorry about that
  • becs3578
    becs3578 Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    One of the girls at crossfit had that issues. Your legs just might be getting more muscular!
  • FitnessLover001
    Options
    One of the girls at crossfit had that issues. Your legs just might be getting more muscular!

I am hoping my legs are just getting more muscular. I actually feel my butt muscles every time I walk up hills and go up stairs, so I think it's just my butt getting more toned lol
  • butterbear1980
    butterbear1980 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Get some new pants and keep squatting! My thighs have gotten bigger and my waist keeps shrinking; it can be hard to find pants : ). I have started to not even try them on if they don't have some stretch!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,663 Member
    Options
    Muscles that get worked alot and hard store more water and glycogen within the cells, which increases size.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • alechua
    alechua Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Just recently bought overall denim shorts XL(asian size), but its loose around my waist and just enough allowance on my thighs and the Larger size fits perfectly around my waist area but tight around my thighs so I ended up getting the XL and will just use belt. I wonder if I should limit squat and lunges,..
  • FitnessLover001
    Options
    Muscles that get worked alot and hard store more water and glycogen within the cells, which increases size.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

^^^ so do this mean I should cut back, or is it good? I like having a booty though haha
  • lindsey1979
    lindsey1979 Posts: 2,395 Member
    Options
    In the short term, it's probably just water retention from muscle repair. In the longterm, if you still see it happening and you're eating is on target (you look like you're at a low body fat already), it's muscle growth. Most would think that's a good thing :)

Joes Jeans also has awesome options for women with more booty and thighs -- honey and muse style in particular.
  • rikracer61
    rikracer61 Posts: 208
    Options
    ^^ so do this mean I should cut back, or is it good? I like having a booty though haha :smile:
    OMG!! YES!! this is good! a toned rear is a sure sign of a fit person, lets see some pics!
    Rick