Being overly proud of alcohol tolerance...

Options
_John_
_John_ Posts: 8,641 Member
I've never understood this. If the point is to get drunk, wouldn't it be advantageous to do it as cheeply as possible?

Replies

• SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,899 Member
    Options
    Well, if you're right then I am a very proud and very cheap man
  • Tarawitch2eyes
    Tarawitch2eyes Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    It seems that either no one agrees with you and is too tired to respond, or they just don't care. I, on the other hand, will say that, yes, it makes sense to drink cheap booze if you're trying to get smashed, but for me, the booze has to taste great....so, I accept that it will be costly to get drunk. Just my 2 cents.
  • Mainebikerchick
    Mainebikerchick Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    I am a cheap drunk. But I admit it!
  • Sad_Grandpa
    Sad_Grandpa Posts: 129
    Options
    You need to rethink your assumptions young man. The point is not for ME to get drunk. The point is for you to get drunk first, so I can talk you into tattooing "Mama's Boy" on your forehead. That is the value of a high tolerance.
  • Sharon_C
    Sharon_C Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    You need to rethink your assumptions young man. The point is not for ME to get drunk. The point is for you to get drunk first, so I can talk you into tattooing "Mama's Boy" on your forehead. That is the value of a high tolerance.

LOL! :heart:
  • Leonidas_meets_Spartacus
    Leonidas_meets_Spartacus Posts: 6,198 Member
    Options
    I am one of them who needs 10-12 shots of tequilla to get buzzed. On the bright side, I know every dirty little secret of what people do when they get drunk for cheap. Lol
  • Galatea_Stone
    Galatea_Stone Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    I have a very high tolerance, but rarely get intoxicated. I tend to get full off of beer long before I feel a buzz.

Except Saturday. It definitely happened Saturday. I had sushi, and for some reason, I get drunk when I eat sushi while drinking.
  • HerkMeOff
    HerkMeOff Posts: 1,002 Member
    Options
    I know that you're an annoying drunk...
  • Bucky83
    Bucky83 Posts: 1,194 Member
    Options
    I have expensive tastes, so if I'm drinking socially, then I just keep it to a minimum.

That being said, I can tolerate a LOT of alcohol for a female before I get buzzed. Have been training my liver for the last 13 years.
  • Biggirllittledreams
    Biggirllittledreams Posts: 306 Member
    Options

Being a college kid, I can confirm this theory of tolerance-pride. ;P I've always been a cheap drunk, and proud! <3
  • Biggirllittledreams
    Biggirllittledreams Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    I have expensive tastes, so if I'm drinking socially, then I just keep it to a minimum.

That being said, I can tolerate a LOT of alcohol for a female before I get buzzed. Have been training my liver for the last 13 years.

But why?! I used to be like this, until I realized that having a crazy high tolerance only made me broke, haha.
  • Jaimeb765
    Jaimeb765 Posts: 18
    Options
    I'm a cheap drunk and I'm ok with that. Saves me money
  • krawhitham
    krawhitham Posts: 831 Member
    Options
    I've never understood this. If the point is to get drunk, wouldn't it be advantageous to do it as cheeply as possible?

When I was younger and more of a partier, it was advantageous to have high tolerance because you could last longer. I was the one drawing you-know-whats on the guy or gal with low tolerance's forehead/cheek when they passed out on the couch after 2 beers ;)

Just kidding... I'm always very nice when I drink. But now that I'm over 30, I am *very* glad that I have a lower tolerance. I don't need to be up until 6 am drinking ever again in my life...
  • _John_
    _John_ Posts: 8,641 Member
    Options
    it was advantageous to have high tolerance because you could last longer.

I guess I don't understand this mentality. Is the point is to make it a game to see how long you can drink with friends before someone falls out/gets sick/dies of alcohol poisining? Who gets this group from point A to point B? Can you remember where you're even walking if it's by foot?

Are you not allowed to go out with a mindset that you're gonna have a drink or two and then just stop drinking and hang out?

So many questions...(and I'm asking in general, not attacking you for saying it).

Some of the logic of going out to get drunk baffles me.
  • RainRedfield
    RainRedfield Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    I have an intolerance to alcohol so my friends call me "Cheap Date". It quite literally only takes one drink to make me from sober to tipsy and sick.
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options
    I thought that most people grew out of this pride, especially as they age and their tolerance for alcohol goes down (i.e. those hangovers 'hurt' a lot more).
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options

Or you could just wait until he passes out and draw it on him with a Sharpie.
  • brittany2188
    Options
    I'm a really cheap drunk because even after all these years of practice, it still doesn't take much for me to get drunk... And I like cheap beer.
  • Follow_me
    Follow_me Posts: 6,120 Member
    Options
    Busy Saturday night? ;-)
  • pmuscarello
    Options
    From the classic movie "Cocktail"

A man will always be judged by the amount of alcohol he can consume - and a woman will be impressed, whether she likes it or not.