Ideal weight for 5'7?

Options

Replies

• Binky_Muffin
    Binky_Muffin Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I weight 156lbs at the moment. My goal is to get a 27" waist. I'm currently at around 29.5". I'm guessing I have 10-15lbs to loose to get to 27". I would say I have a medium/large frame. I think 140lbs is probably the lowest I can go.

I'm happy with my muscle tone at the moment, so my goal is to maintain that and to lose fat so I can show off my muscles. :)
  • redorange7
    Options
    I'm 5'7" 132lbs -I want to get down to 125lbs -any suggestions?
  • kbkeats
    kbkeats Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I'm currently 171, aiming for 150. I haven't been 150 in years so I'm ultimately going to see how I feel when I get to my goal, then set a new one :bigsmile:
  • YorriaRaine
    YorriaRaine Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    I'm 5' 7" and I'm currently aiming for 159 which is the very tippy top of what is considered a healthy bmi for me.

I think after that I won't really worry about the weight itself as much as starting to give a much deeper focus to strength training from that point. I don't know if I want to be super muscular as a women, but I know I want to be toned and I would actually love some abs.

I'm sure I'm over a year from getting to that point though.
  • eadebeaux
    eadebeaux Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Ditto on what YorriaRaine just said! I feel the exact same way, and couldn't have said it any better! I am 5'7", have 6.75 inch wrists, and I too am aiming for 159. I am 43 years old, but when I was in my mid-20's, I got down to 145, wearing a size 7 in jeans/pants, and my family and friends kept asking me if I was sick, if I was eating, etc., one friend even asked me if I was trying to become a skeleton! That's about as bad as remarks made to me for being overweight! LOL! I definitely feel that your frame size should be considered in a "target" weight!
  • Cakewalk25
    Cakewalk25 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I'm 140 now, but have been between 125-130 for ten years before that. My goal weight is 120 but I'd be happy at 125. Last time I went down to 120 was for my bar call four years ago, my friend gave me some powder she got online for weight loss and it made me drop 5 pounds instantly. (Unfortunately my friend no longer remembers where she bought it, but whatever it was I'm sure it wasn't healthy!)

I gain all my weight in my stomach like an apple so I really don't like the pregnant look I have going on now. Also, I bought most of my current wardrobe at 125-130, and that included a lot of pencil skirts and skinny jeans that no longer fit so I'd like to return to those numbers so I can wear them again!

I think I looked my best at 120 and I loved how easy it was to buy clothes when you didn't have a tummy. I was 110 throughout high school and looked too thin, everyone called me a walking skeleton.
  • licorice_tea
    licorice_tea Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I'm 27 years old, 5'7", 170 at my highest weight, 130 at my lowest, and ~144 this morning. My goal is 120 -- I think I'm a small framed person because my wrist/ankles/waist are tiny, but I do have really wide set hips that just will not let go of the weight! At 160-170 I'm a C, at 140-160 I'm a B, and when I got down to 130 I was an A for the first time in my life but my hip measurement was still 40 inches! I'm hoping that if I hit 120, there will be nowhere else that I have weight left to lose except my hips, and then finally I can fit into a pair of jeans. Any pair of jeans! My waist/hip disparity (26" waist and 40" hips at 130 lbs) makes it impossible, even with tailoring. It's like I'd have to buy a custom-made pair.

Edit: Also, I'm eating 1200 a day minimum + eating back exercise.

Double Edit: Just so you all know, 118 is the lowest healthy weight by BMI before we five-seveners go into the underweight category. I saw some 110's floating around and I hope you all are very small framed ladies.
  • toronto_j
    toronto_j Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I'm around 195 now (down 10 pounds since I started) and I'm aiming for 170 for now. I don't think 140-145 is sustainable for me.
  • dxc92
    dxc92 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    im 5'6 maybe 5'7, not 100% sure! But my goal weight is 140lb :-)
  • blwilson79
    Options
    Im 5'7 and Ive been stuck at 154...My UGW is 135-40. Ive been working out 5 days a week but I dont think Im eating enough. MFP says 1200 but according to my BMR it says I should be eating 2000. So im confused.
  • Momto4minions
    Momto4minions Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    5'7", 37 years old, four kids. I am 185 right now. My lowest post kid weight was 150ish and dh was worried for me. I have a very large frame and big boobs (DD). I have a 7 1/4 inch wrist. I cannot wear ankle bracelets, as my ankles are large and I was a gymnast for years and very muscle dense. My lean body mass is in the 140s...that being said, I would actually love to be 150, but know that isnt realistic. At 185 i am a comfortable size 10.
    I want to be a 6/8 again.
    With all of this taken into accoutn,I think I am aiming for 165 as a Ultimate goal, but I think 165-170 will have me there.
    When .i was in the low 150s, i was not healthy. I did not get there in a healthy way either. Everyone said I looked great, but I developed some health issues associated with low blood sugar, thyroid, hair loss, etc.

The bmi and such throws me off a lot due to muscle density...so my plan is to be healthy and this means for me, to have a body fat compostiion done at about 175 and see where I stand.

Last year I was over 200 and right now I just want to feel good in my skin again.

Oh for reference, my current measurements are 41-30-41
  • sarahc142
    Options
    I used to be severely underweight when I was a ballet dancer, but now I've gained too much and I'm around 130. I have extremely small bones so this makes me look pudgy even though it says I'm in the normal range. Looking to be about 110 eventually which I think for me is what I was when I was at my healthiest, working out regularly but eating well too.
  • FlowersInTheDirt
    FlowersInTheDirt Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Hey!

Im 21, 5"7 and 142lbs.

I've got 12lbs to go until I hit my goal weight.
    I've had 2 children and was around 182lbs at my heaviest.

I eat 1500-1600 cals a day which is just right for me but everyone is different!
  • emboslice94
    Options
    I'm 5'8 and 145 right now. But I have a pretty petite frame as I am discovering, so for me, probably 130. But we will see.
  • amberlynn0925
    Options
    Hi there! I'm 5'7" and my goal weight is 130, what I weighed when I graduated high school. I am currently 151 so I have about 21 lbs to go. I have my counter set for me to lose .5 lbs a week, although I usually lose more and I actually consume about 1400-1500 calories after exercise.
  • methridg
    methridg Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    To be honest, it really depends on your body and what looks good to you. I am about 5'6 1/2 (use to be 5'7 but I guess you really do shrink with age!) and I think I look great in the low to mid 150's. At that weight I wear a size 8-10. I am super curvy (large up top and in the hips) with a very hourglass shape so anything smaller than that looks a little weird. In fact, I was a size 6 in high school at about 140 and everyone thought I looked anorexic. They even had a counselor talk to me! I definitely was because that is nothing to fool with.. I was just super active.

My point here is that you need to get to a weight that you feel happy and comfortable with.
  • valynn0312
    Options
    For me, I'm aiming for 135-140. I was fairly happy at 145 and looked pretty good (Pant size 8/10.. I've always had big hips/thighs). I would even be good with a toned 145!
    I'm currently 195.. so I've got a ways to go!
  • kuolo
    kuolo Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    For me - size UK 12 (US 8) on my bottom half (I am very bottom-heavy so I am 2 sizes bigger on my lower half than my top) which should be about 10 and a half stone (147lb).
  • wolfsbayne
    wolfsbayne Posts: 3,116 Member
    Options
    <
    5'7" and 196 in the pic (currently 191). My goal weight is around 165-170, but I think I'm just gonna go by how I feel about the way my body looks, not a weight. I am on 2000 calories a day and I lift heavy.
  • ponycyndi
    ponycyndi Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    I've been maintaining around 155 since October 2013, which is the smallest I've ever been. My size 8's are loose, but I'd have to lose maybe another10 more to be a size 6. I'm just not ready for that right now, I'm still not used to being smaller than a size 12. But I am very muscular (always have been, even when not working out) and this size looks great on me.