Best Workout Music....EVER!

Options

Replies

• curvy_companion
    curvy_companion Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I like 80s rock for walk/run intervals. I love Flogging Molly and Great Big Sea. Leonard Cohen is nice and mellow for lunch time walks, when I have to go back to work and can't be a soggy mess!
  • DivineChoices
    DivineChoices Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Totally cliche, BUT, Eye of the Tiger is the BEST music for me when I need to motivate my *kitten* and get out the door.
  • briggitte59
    briggitte59 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    i go with Pandora and put the Workout Station. the only bad part about this is that they have adds...sometimes TWO times in a row !!!
  • DWBalboa
    DWBalboa Posts: 37,255 Member
    Options
    Although, I have to add, Biz Markie’s “Just a Friend” gets me going every time! OH BABY YOU… YOU GOT WHAT I NEEEEED…. How many of y’all sang that as you read it? And How many of you now have it stuck in your head? ;-)

OH BABY YOU… YOU GOT WHAT I NEEEEED….
  • WonderWoman_5
    WonderWoman_5 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Check out Shredz workout mix
  • JustinAnimal
    JustinAnimal Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    LMFAO's popular stuff
    Hip-hop (like anything by Jurassic5... maybe Deltron 3030)
    QOTSA (self-titled album and maybe songs for the deaf)
    Any dance music, rap or hip-hop that you actually like is usually pretty good. I just look for the steady, not-too-slow-not-too-fast beat in a format that I enjoy.
  • sdonovan96
    sdonovan96 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I go with Pandora Pop and Hip Hop Power Workout.

Thanks for this! Just added it to my list!
  • hig17
    hig17 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Pandora Dance Cardio! It is the best to listen to when walking cause I usually speed up to the beat!
  • ckidd311
    ckidd311 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Does anyone listen to motivational speeches/clips in their music mixes? I've really been thinking about adding some to mine. Like Rocky's convo with his son...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GsD83l6pIT0
  • rich347
    rich347 Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    Power ranger Zeo Sound track

Sonic the Hedgehog 2, 3 and SK soundtrack

X-Men (genesis) mutant apocalypse soundtrack

Dev. is hot Mixtape
    Streetfighter 3 third strike soundtrack.
  • REDUX_o01
    REDUX_o01 Posts: 29
    Options
    "Lift Me Up" from Five Finger Death Punch always sets me in the right mood for intense Leg days. :)

I also like:

"Breathe" from Prodigy
    "Adagio For Strings, remixed" from Tiësto
    "Erratic Palpitations of the Human Spirit" and "Architeuthis" from Tourniquet
    "Superheroes", "Alive" and "Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger" from Daft Punk
    "Thor (The Thundergod)" from Zonata, and
    "Eye of the Tiger" from Survivor

But I don't listen to music while doing cardio outside because I found out that I tend to slow down to the beat of the tune I'm listening. It's okay if I'm listening to Speed Metal or Heavy Rock music, but it gets bothersome when Rap and Ambient music kick in. :D
  • cggrlsteph
    cggrlsteph Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Eminem. Lots of Eminem!

Cinderella Man is my fav weight lifting song! gets me pumped!
  • teemama2
    teemama2 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    My Running Playlist:

Attitude - Wynonna Judd
    Born to Run - The Boss (Bruce)
    Chariots of Fire
    Come on Eileen - Celtic Wanderers
    Eye of the Tiger - Survivor
    Footloose - Blake Shelton
    I Like to move It
    Lose Yourself - Eminem
    Happy - Pharrell
    Timber - Pitull
    Push IT - Salt-n-Pepa
  • Loopycute
    Options
    Don Omar- Danza Kuduro
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    Problem - Natalia Kills

absolutely.

Ivy Levine- Hot damn also a good one.

Work *****- by Britney
    Rock This - Santina Gold
    Apex Predator- OTEP
    *kitten*- In This Moment

almost anything by:
    5 finger death punch
    flaw
    breaking benjamin
    disturbed
    rammstein
    The Restrosic
    Tool
    Eminiem

edit
    [quote"Adagio For Strings, remixed" from Tiësto [/quote]
    sweet misery is another good one- love that chit

glitch mob is another favorite- I'm usually wildly disappointed by these threads- but there is some good stuff in here!
  • cggrlsteph
    cggrlsteph Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I like a lot of different types... dubstep or remix type music is good for cardio
    Turn down for what... love that
    Nama- trey songz
    Anything Pitbull really
    Metallica

Now thats what I call music... they put out... Now thats what I call workout music... those are good.

Britney Spears....
    oh and T.I.

but I constantly change it up so I dont get bored on my long bike rides.
  • MomTo3Lovez
    MomTo3Lovez Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    I listen to anything upbeat helps keep me moving. Funny that they suggest not watching TV cause the gym I go to has a whole row of TVs in front of the treadmills, ellipticals and bikes lol. I find that it is actually hard to watch TV and workout cause it does distract me from keeping form, except the bike that I can do while watching the TV which i don't use that often.
  • bikinisuited
    bikinisuited Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    Adding this to my list!! Thank you!!!
  • Seraphina_Rowan
    Seraphina_Rowan Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Following this post (:

But some I enjoy:

B.Y.O.B - System of a down
    Cockiness - Rhianna
    Fight like a girl: Emilie Autumn
    I feel Alive: We the Kings
    I like it: We the Kings
    I`ll make a man out of you: Mulan ! ;D (im cool like that)
    Just keep breathing: We the Kings
    Man down: Rhianna
    Move like a Solider: Kristina Maria
    Power and control: Marina and the diamonds
  • BadKittie05
    BadKittie05 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Well, I start at Planet Fitness next Wendesday (when they open) and I have been reading alot about everything and "they" say its best to not read a book or watch television or anyhting else that takes your mind off focusing on your workout. They do suggest getting some beats that make you move. I am not a huge music person BUT I have been listening to some bangin country that makes me dance in my car so I figured hey why not get an iPod shuffle and put some tunes on it and try it when I work out. Can't hurt right?

On that very long note...I was wondering what song really gets you going when you work out? You know, the ones that even if you aren't paying attention the beat hits you and makes you move! I am open to ALL sorts of music as I have already loaded songs from Luke Bryan, Gwen Stefani, Miley Cyrus, Lorde and Mandisa!

Thanks for everyones AMAZING help in advance and I can't wait to check out what you all suggest :-)

Add some of the Georgia men!! Jason Aldean, Brantley Gilbert, Zac Brown Band, Kip Moore (if you want country), and you can always look up some workout mixes that are already made and get them. They usually have a pretty good beat and mix of songs :)

Personally I like metal because it gives me the aggression to kick through my workouts. :glasses: