Logging P90X

bkegurl36
bkegurl36 Posts: 61 Member
edited September 22 in Fitness and Exercise
Hey guys~ So I cannot figure out how to log in the calories I burn doing my P90X workouts. I cannot find anything in the workout bank that fits P90X, But I swear I have seen people say that they burned calories from P90X I just don't know where to find it! Please help!

Replies

• I wear a HRM when doing P90X, I've found that I burn substantially different amounts than what any electronic estimate might come up with for cardio
  • bkegurl36
    I have a HRM so I know what I am burning but I dont know how to log it in the site??
  • I use an HRM also...it's the best way to find out. You should invest in a good HRM w/ a chest strap.
  • I wear a HRM when doing P90X, I've found that I burn substantially different amounts than what any electronic estimate might come up with for cardio

I agree completely. I have done 5 rounds of P90X and my caloric burn varies dramatically from workout to workout and round to round. If you can use a heart rate monitor you will be much better off. If not, the workout guide suggests 600 calories per workout (thats a huge stretch for yoga). You can manually enter those calories under "calisthenics"
  • mzenzer
    mzenzer Posts: 503 Member
    What you do is create your own exercise. I log all of the P90X workouts as cardio and I use an HRM to get the calories burned.
  • I have a HRM so I know what I am burning but I dont know how to log it in the site??

Push “add exercise” and type in P90X or something random. It doesn’t matter but it won’t bring anything up & it’ll say “Can’t find what you’re looking for? Add an exercise to the database”…that’ll get you to add your own calories.
  • wocm15
    wocm15 Posts: 81
    Hmmm... yeah, I tried to enter Core Synergistic, and it didn't find anything! :ohwell:

So instead I just enter "Circuit Training" since that's basically what it is.(Except for yoga, etc.) I wish I could afford a HRM that told me calories, but my college student budget just doesn't allow that... So then I just don't eat quite all of my exercise calories, just in case it overestimated a little...
  • mschelle
    mschelle Posts: 240 Member
    I've been adding my own exercises - one for each DVD. That way, I can also get an idea of the variations in workout burns.
  • madijo41
    madijo41 Posts: 367 Member
    i do the same.
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    There is an option at the bottom of your exercise tab to enter the name of your exercises.
  • deborahkidd
    deborahkidd Posts: 35 Member
    Go to my exercises and create an exercise then put in the amount of calories you burned on your HRM. YOu can change the calories everytime you do PX90.
  • glfprncs2
    glfprncs2 Posts: 625 Member
    What you do is create your own exercise. I log all of the P90X workouts as cardio and I use an HRM to get the calories burned.

This is what I do as well except I wear a Bodybugg...I also subtract the 70ish calories per hour that I would burn just being alive from the amount my bugg says I burned during that time.
  • bkegurl36
    Thanks so much everyone! That helped a ton!
This discussion has been closed.