Getting leaner calves (girls)

Options
2»

Replies

• EllenTebbits
    EllenTebbits Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Urgh. My calves are my most unattractive feature. Nothing I do seems to change them. Will try to incorporate strength training and hope that as the weight comes off they will slim down.
  • MissJay75
    MissJay75 Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    Calves are tough. They take a ton of training to develop. From a fat loss standpoint, I have noticed that my calves only change about 1/4" for every 15 pounds scale weight.

I have lost exactly 15 pounds and 1/4 in. on my calves. I am wondering what everyone defines as HUGE. Mine are a lot bigger than I want, at 15 inches around.
  • jennk5309
    jennk5309 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I have one leg shorter than the other, and that calf is huge- solid muscle from more weight being on it. The other one is small, almost atrophied. It sucks, but even if I wear a lift to even out my legs it seems to stay the same. It's hard to find exercises that will work out just my leaner calf. Calf raises on just that side would do it, but it's so atrophied that I can't even get my heel off the ground when I try that.

So.....at least your problem isn't as bad as mine? Lol Sorry I don't have better advice.
  • JenniCali1000
    JenniCali1000 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    I have very toned, strong calves and love them :) I'm a very healthy weight but just build and retain muscle easily. My calves feel a little tight in boots, but it's ok. Have you considered dance in order to lengthen and smooth it all out? I know when I used to dance I was super toned but had less of a bulky look, more of a lengthened look.