King's Hawaiian Bread

Options

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,553 Member
    Options
    Lol, Spam is da bomb! Guess you just have to be Asian or grew up on it to understand.

I agree! Spam is da bomb! *drools* I prefer it in a casarole, but man... sometimes you just gotta slice it up and throw it on some bread.

Since it's held together with seaweed extract, that makes it a seafood, so that means it's healthy right?
    Hell, just put it with some rice and seaweed and you got Spam musubi!!!:smile:

P9290026.jpg

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • andielyn
    andielyn Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Spent a little time in Hawaii and yeah, can't do Hawaii without the Spam. :) What I really miss is the manapua though! And guava. Especially the guava! Okay and to stay on topic, King's Hawaiian Bread is good with anything in between it.
  • QueenBishOTUniverse
    QueenBishOTUniverse Posts: 14,121 Member
    Options
    Lol, Spam is da bomb! Guess you just have to be Asian or grew up on it to understand.

I agree! Spam is da bomb! *drools* I prefer it in a casarole, but man... sometimes you just gotta slice it up and throw it on some bread.

Since it's held together with seaweed extract, that makes it a seafood, so that means it's healthy right?

P9290026.jpg

IDEA Fitness member
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

I know in theory, it's no different than the chicken nuggets I get from McDonalds, but something about the concept of SPAM just really doesn't work for me, which is odd, because when it comes to most foods, I'll try just about anything.
  • EreborsPrincess
    Options
    <Insert Monty Python "Spam" sketch here>
  • TomTomato
    TomTomato Posts: 223
    Options

IDEA Fitness member

I loved opening it with the 'key' when I was a kid. None of that pull tab business. Still not something I'm into and I've tried every Hawaiian favorite thanks to my buddy that's from there and LOVES the stuff. It's just meh to me.

I loved opening with that 'key' too! I also loved that jelly that formed along the edges of the Spam.
  • Happymelz
    Happymelz Posts: 536 Member
    Options

*Sings* Spam, spam, spam, spam, spam spam.
  • suremeansyes
    suremeansyes Posts: 962 Member
    Options
    Omg, that sounds amazing.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,553 Member
    Options
    Omg, that sounds amazing.
    It's SOOOOO good. The sweet/salty......................................mmmmmmmm.

IDEA Fitness member
  • jadethief
    jadethief Posts: 266 Member
    Options

*shudders*
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options

27yzofm.jpg
  • daweez04
    daweez04 Posts: 35 Member
    Options

P9290026.jpg

IDEA Fitness member

I tend to prefer Portuguese Sausage Musubi!
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    I'm part Asian AND from Hawaii...and I've never done this! Will have to give it a try and see.
  • RockWarrior84
    RockWarrior84 Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    Lost me at SPAM...................

^^^^^^ this
  • Booksandbeaches
    Booksandbeaches Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    They sell those Spam musubi at 7-11's in Hawaii.
  • qweenovme
    qweenovme Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    SPAM was first made here in my state. All Minnesotans know SPAM. Awesome.
  • curvy_companion
    curvy_companion Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I hate to be the one to ask this question....

What IS King's Hawaiian Bread??
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options

STAY LOST! Fried Spam is made from rainbow-fed unicorn flank. :laugh:
  • PikaKnight
    Options
    I hate to be the one to ask this question....

What IS King's Hawaiian Bread??

It's a type of sweet bread. King is the brand name. They are sold in many grocery stores in the bread aisle.
  • Strokingdiction
    Strokingdiction Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options

But now I want to try it again. Last I had it, they were still making it from butchering leftovers.

Rainbow fed unicorn. Totally in because if this is what their poop looks like, I can only imagine what's inside!

Unicorn-Poop_zps2472e32c.jpg
  • PikaKnight
    Options

But now I want to try it again. Last I had it, they were still making it from butchering leftovers.

Rainbow fed unicorn. Totally in because if this is what their poop looks like, I can only imagine what's inside!

[img snipped][/img]

So, is there a problem with using every part of the animal?

But fried is really good. Or baked too. You can make fried spam and cabbage. Or baked spam with a brown sugar type glaze (some people will add some slices of pineapple). There's spam musubi, corn chowder with spam and bacon, and lots other recipes :bigsmile: