PLEASE HELP :( MAJOR BINGE

Options
So after long periods of restricting this past week I gave in a binged a few times...going over maintenance once or twice by 200 cals. Then today I blew it and went over by 600 cals. If I stay under the rest of the week can I not gain any weight from this?

Replies

• fivethreeone
    fivethreeone Posts: 8,196 Member
    Options
    I'm going to assume that you're set at 1200 calories.

In that case, you're eating exactly where you should be with these "binges" and should keep on keeping on.

Maybe adjust your settings to reflect that calories goal so you don't feel as badly about what should be perfectly normal behavior.
  • 34xx34
    34xx34 Posts: 16
    Options
    no i'm actually at 1800 i just restrict the foods i want and go all out when i get my period ugh
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    I don't have periods but if I did 200-600 calories ain't "going all out"
  • 34xx34
    Options
    i don't think you're understanding i usually eat under maintenance
  • mfp2014mfp
    mfp2014mfp Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    It's not a binge, let alone a major one. Carry on and freak out less :flowerforyou:
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options

of course he doesn't understand. he does not have periods.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Options
    BTW...I just ate two nutter butters. True story.
  • fivethreeone
    Options

1) 200-600 calories is not a binge.

2) You'll probably gain weight from water retention during your period anyway, so if you gain, there will be no way to know what the gain is from

3) Even if you eat at maintenance the whole week, if you stick to your 1800 cals the rest of the time, you'll continue to lose weight.
  • morehealthymatt
    morehealthymatt Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    it's a journey...one bad day doesn't ruin everything...as long as the bad days outnumber the good...as long as the good weeks outnumber the bad....you'll move forward and reach your goals.
  • vjohn04
    vjohn04 Posts: 2,276 Member
    Options
    eat more food if you're hungry. 600 calories certainly isn't a binge.
  • LizK95
    LizK95 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    By most standards, a binge is usually 1000+ calories. 200-600 is perfectly normal.
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    This is not a binge. The fact that you think this is a binge tells me you don't actually know what the hell a binge truly is but, in spite of that, I hope you never do. Frankly this thread is offensive and gives me the impression that you're some kind of silly child. I hope you can get yourself in order before you develop serious issues with food and food guilt.

I'm expressing myself like this because...seriously, this is just silly.
  • 34xx34
    Options
    I NORMALLY NET 1800 CALS TODAY I NETTED 2600 I KNOW WHAT A BINGE IS IM NOT AN IDIOT
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    No period here either, but 600 cals is what I'd call "a good start."
  • fivethreeone
    Options
    I NORMALLY NET 1800 CALS TODAY I NETTED 2600 I KNOW WHAT A BINGE IS IM NOT AN IDIOT

Nobody is saying you're an idiot.

They are saying calm down, you'll be fine.

But....I can see that's not going over too well.
  • rmshannon
    rmshannon Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    200-600 cals is not too much to worry about, especially if you're only doing it one week out of the month; if you're super worried about it, you could try doing some extra exercise to counteract it?
  • brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    Options

So now you've changed your math from 600 calories over to 800? Changing your overage to come closer to anything resembling a binge after violating forum rules by posting the same exact topic in multiple areas doesn't support your claim that you're not an idiot.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Options
    it's a journey...one bad day doesn't ruin everything...as long as the bad days outnumber the good...as long as the good weeks outnumber the bad....you'll move forward and reach your goals.

this techiniqe does not work with tampons tho. just sayin'.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Options

clearly.
  • 34xx34
    Options
    Oh my god I'm not an idiot I was saying I went 600 above MAINTENANCE not what I usually net..