Women 5'10 to 6'0: What is your goal weight?

Options
124»

Replies

• LessOfMePlease
    LessOfMePlease Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I wonder what planet I was supposed to live on. At 5'9" and 185 lbs, I wore a 16 pant size, with an occasional large-sized 14. I have hips, yes, but... well. Doesn't currently matter. I'm 230# after having a set of twins a year ago; have gained since Halloween (was 203). HELP ME OBI WAN! #ugh
  • Kekibird
    Kekibird Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    5'9" with a broad frame (wide shoulders, tiny waist, big butt and hips). I'm 198 but I want to see 170. I've been as low as 165 and that seemed too thin on my frame.
  • marisarinde
    Options
    Hi! I just started back on here again. I'm 5'10", currently at 160-170 (I don't have a scale at school!) and would like to get around 130, just because that's what I think my body looks best at. On the BMI calculator I looked at, it says that 129-174 is the estimated normal weight range for my height. But it all depends on the person! Whatever you think you will look best at, go for that. Good luck everyone :)
  • SergeantNarwhal
    SergeantNarwhal Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I am 5'11 and currently weigh about 140-145, my goal is 125 but I do still think I am healthy at the moment.
    125 is extremely underweight for your height!

I think this depends a little on genetics too. I'm naturally ectomorphic, I'm 5'10" 126 and my bf% is 13. I have normal periods, sleep, etc and I don't look emaciated. I just went to the doc and she said Im healthy as can be! My point is, don't aim low, but don't assume low is extremely underweight.
  • susannamarie
    susannamarie Posts: 2,148 Member
    Options
    I'm 5 10 and in the low 170s. I started at 230 with a GW of 180 but have gradually moved it down as I still see pudge. Losing slowly now though and aiming for 160. Currently wearing size 10 but it's quite loose and needs a belt.
  • jessrainsb
    jessrainsb Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    For me it's not so much about weight as is is about size. I'm a 14/16 right now (185 lbs) but I'd love to be a size 10. My hips are a lot bigger since having children, and even when I was a teen at 155 lb I was still only a size 10. So now, don't know if that will ever happen, so I will settle for a 12! Whatever number that may be, maybe 170?

Also, I'm 5'11".
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    Bumping this for suggestions! My goal weight is set at 140 as the last time I was in a healthy weight range, 20 years ago, sigh, I was 133 pounds. However, at 336 pounds when I started it seemed so far away anyway. Now I'm 248, I'm wondering whether 140 pounds is realistic for a 6 foot woman!

Well, according to the BMI charts, 140 on a 6' woman is the very lowest weight you can go without being underweight. Of course, there are exceptions for individuals, and BMI is just a general guideline. I'm 5 inches shorter than you and in my profile pic I'm your original weight of 133 pounds. People think I'm scrawny. Not sure how that would look on a full-grown, 6 ft tall adult woman. My sister's almost 6 feet tall and she looks good in the 150's through 160's. Everyone's different, though. :flowerforyou:

*Edited for typo.
  • miamimuse
    Options
    I am 5 ft 10 and am most comfortable at 150-160
  • butterflies2127
    butterflies2127 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    mybodygallery.com can give you a few ideas on what weights would be ideal based on body type and what not.
  • mxmkenney
    mxmkenney Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    I have been looking for other tall ladies to see what their calorie goals are as well as weight goals! I am 33y/o and 5' 9.5". I am in the high 160s currently and my goal weight is set for 150, but I don't know if that's too low. I might change it to 155 once I get to 160. I am eating 1500 calories (1800 when I work out) and have been losing about .5 a week but it has been stalling. What are you all doing? Are any of you tall girls eating more and losing? I do workout 5 days a week - should I be eating more? Feel free to PM me or add me as a friend! :)
  • lindsey1979
    lindsey1979 Posts: 2,395 Member
    Options
    I have been looking for other tall ladies to see what their calorie goals are as well as weight goals! I am 33y/o and 5' 9.5". I am in the high 160s currently and my goal weight is set for 150, but I don't know if that's too low. I might change it to 155 once I get to 160. I am eating 1500 calories (1800 when I work out) and have been losing about .5 a week but it has been stalling. What are you all doing? Are any of you tall girls eating more and losing? I do workout 5 days a week - should I be eating more? Feel free to PM me or add me as a friend! :)

I tend to eat 1650-1800 depending on the day. With doing nothing, I tend to burn around 2250. Though most days I'm doing something, so I often am burning 2400-2700. I generally do two heavy lifting days per week (3x5 program), two days of HIIT (usually hill sprints) and then walk 4-6 days per week for 3-6 miles (over the week I average 15-25 miles walking/hiking). I also now do one refeed day where I eat at maintenance -- usually Sat -- after I had a 3+ week stall to induce the release of water (haven't stalled since). Over a week, I tend to average a deficit of 5000-6000 cals.

For the past 8 weeks or so, I've been averaging a loss of a little under 1.5 lbs per week though the loss each week has varied a good deal -- a gain of 0.4 lb one week and as high as 3.2 lb. loss another -- wily water retention issues! I started at 192 and am now at 179 (and size 10), aiming to eventually be around 155-165 (size 6 or 8). I'm 5'9" and 35.
  • nicraylay
    Options
    I'm 6'0 and my goal weight is about 165-170 pounds.
  • RobsGirl_lds
    Options
    I am 5'11 and currently weigh about 140-145, my goal is 125 but I do still think I am healthy at the moment.
    125 is extremely underweight for your height!

I think this depends a little on genetics too. I'm naturally ectomorphic, I'm 5'10" 126 and my bf% is 13. I have normal periods, sleep, etc and I don't look emaciated. I just went to the doc and she said Im healthy as can be! My point is, don't aim low, but don't assume low is extremely underweight.
    While there are some who may be healthy at lower weights than the low on the BMR scale. She is 1" taller than you and looking to be 1# less than you. 13% bf is quite low for many, I am glad you are healthy but your example is not the average persons experience.
  • AllieMarie2244
    AllieMarie2244 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    5'11 I guess healthy range is about 160 for me...
    so 150lbs to go! lol

Lowest I've been was around 212 and I was a size 13 and felt good but I wanted to lose more :)
  • ValGogo
    ValGogo Posts: 2,168 Member
    Options
    5'9" 165 lbs for me.
  • ValGogo
    ValGogo Posts: 2,168 Member
    Options
    Wow. The weight range is so HUGE. I'm a little shorter -- 5'9" and am currently a size 10 at 179. I'm looking to be 155-165 and for me, that's between a size 6 or 8. If I get in the 140s, I look scary, but I'm banging around 155. I'm just so surprised that so many women taller than me are aiming for 140s -- I already have 127 lbs of lean body mass, so 140 would be less than 10% bf (provided I don't lose too much LBM and I'm really trying not too).

Check out mybodygallery.com and you'll see a huge range of weights and sizes. For 5.9, I saw folks between 135-160 that looked amazing. You can search by height, weight, etc. It's pretty awesome. When I get to my goal weight, I'm submitting a pic.

I'm with you Linds.
  • kandell
    kandell Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    5'10". Originally thinking I wanted to get to 120, but....That seems so unrealistic now. So while I'll leave my counter in my signature, I think I'm going to aim more for measurements and body fat %.
  • bellaa_x0
    bellaa_x0 Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options
    i'm 5'10" and currently weigh in at 187 (down almost 40lbs).. my goal when i started was to reach 175lbs; however, while i still want to lose a bit more weight, i'm more focused on lowering my body fat % and toning so the number on the scale isn't AS important any longer.

ETA: my current body fat % is approximately 25%