1st Day on mfp

pgrady1
pgrady1 Posts: 11
edited September 22 in Introduce Yourself
Hello, I am just beginning with mfp today. My daughter discovered the sight and said I would like it. She was right. I am very nervous about another failure in weight loss. All I can do is try today. I want to be a healthier individual.

Replies

• Welcome to mfp! I am a new member as well! :) I just joined today!
  • Welcome! I am fairly new, just started about a month ago. I was nervous because I love food way to much to ever try a diet!! But I have stuck to my goals and have seen results! You can do it girl!
  • Welcome aboard :) A great way to stay on track is to make friends. Feel free to add me :)
  • I just started a few days ago...so far so good, even with the holidays. :-) This site seems to be easier to use and I'm trying to make myself not be too much of a perfectionist. Good luck, maybe this will be the plan that finally works for all of us!
  • Hi! I just joined today as well, suggestion from my doc, hope you both do well!!!
  • MsPitt
    MsPitt Posts: 78
    Welcome to the site! I really really like it here, and it's been a fantastic help for me thus far!
    Just take it slow at first, get used to logging things, forgive yourself when necessary and keep going. Before you know it you'll be posting success stories!
  • vanillasugar
    vanillasugar Posts: 246 Member
    Welcome :flowerforyou: I am sure you will love it here. I joined last February and am more than half way to my goal. Baby steps. One day at a time. If you have a bad day, try not to let it turn into a bad week. We all have bad days. It's the getting back on track from the bad days that separates the stick-with-its from the quitters. Good luck! :happy:
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Hello, I am just beginning with mfp today. My daughter discovered the sight and said I would like it. She was right. I am very nervous about another failure in weight loss. All I can do is try today. I want to be a healthier individual.
    Hi..failure is when you dont keep trying and seems to me your trying..even if you took breaks and went backwards along the way the fact is your still here and still trying ...not a failure at all..good luck in 2011!
  • TuscanySun
    TuscanySun Posts: 3,608 Member
    The only failure is if you never try or give up altogether. Fall down seven times, stand up eight as the old proverb goes. You CAN do this and MFP is the place to be. Plug into one of the Support and Motivation groups....its made all the difference in the world to me...this is the most success I've ever had at this issue and my MFP friends are the reason!

Keep at it and you'll win the battle for positive life-change!
  • welcome!!! its my first day here too and already i am sooo excited and cant wait to start this journey!!! add me if you would like. just remember one thing keep trying and if you fail to plan then you plan to fail. keep trying this site is awesome and im sure you will fall in love with it just like everyone else! good luck girl!!
  • acarter72
    acarter72 Posts: 117 Member
    Good luck to you!!! I joined last night and today was day #1 for me here. You (and all of us) are making a commitment to be here-and that is a good start! Welcome-:-)Anne (mommy to two in Virginia)
  • hello this is my first day too
    i have a friend in a completely other province that suggested i sign into this site to help me with my weight loss and so far it looks pretty good, can't wait to read your successes!

3379949.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • jennyfair24
    jennyfair24 Posts: 273 Member
    Today is my first day too! Looking to add some friends on here to keep me motivated :smile:
  • Firebranda
    Firebranda Posts: 19 Member
    MFP is the best tool I've ever used to lose weight! I would NEVER try anything else. I try to do regular excercise and track everything. It's so quick and easy, you'll never go back. WELCOME!
  • lisablueeyes
    lisablueeyes Posts: 213 Member
    WOW!! I have to say what a great job to everyone who started today... And before new years eve!!!!
    Remamber small steps wins the race!!
This discussion has been closed.