geebusuk Posts: 3,348 Member
    Options
    anything containing e numbers
    Some things you are not allowed:
    E300 - vitamin C
    E101 - vitamin B2
    E948 - oxygen *
    E160c - paprika

* To be fair, I think it's specifically 'packaging oxygen'.
  • sweetpocahontis
    sweetpocahontis Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I've been thinking about signing up for this but I'm really unsure about 2 weeks without caffeine!
  • Parkersspace
    Parkersspace Posts: 17 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    I don't think i could leave the caffeine lol, but I regularly use ketosis dieting to up my athletic endurance. I'm not sure that this would give you ketosis though, with the various fruits allowed but that would help keep yoru nutrition balanced. It looks healthy to me. I know lots of people who maintain using such diets, they eat normal on weekends and low carb no processed all week to maintain huge weight losses that took them years to lose. They are not unhealthy on weekends, just eat a more rounded diet as restricted diets are hard to follow full time. I have other friends that follow the whole 30 once a year to keep on track with their weight, pulling any they gained back down. My doctor, thank goodness, also follows one by chance. He started a few years ago. If you are eating lots of vegetables and fruit and making balanced meals you cook or eat raw (vegetables and fruit) and avoiding all the processed food, breads and sugars, I don't see how that equates to bad and most long term studies done in the past 10 to 15 years support it as a good, which is why my doctor started to follow it. The body makes what it needs to feed itself from the food you put in other than a few nutrients you need to be sure to eat. But people will argue their way works for ever and not other ways that didn't work for them. What is important is what works for you. Find something and do it. No harm in trying.
  • dragon_girl26
    dragon_girl26 Posts: 2,187 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    I've been thinking about signing up for this but I'm really unsure about 2 weeks without caffeine!

I think this would be my issue. Better hope Advil is on that Allowed list as well!

I'm a little confused here, though...cheese is both allowed and not allowed? Fruit has sugar, so I'm assuming they're referring to added sugar. Is there a calorie limit with this as well?
    A salad with prawns on it would be good, except the list of vegetables is oddly limited. Omelets, as mentioned above, or stir fries with rice..
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    Zombie thread
  • dragon_girl26
    dragon_girl26 Posts: 2,187 Member
    Options
    Zombie thread

hqdefault.jpg
  • foen_i
    foen_i Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I smell a newage marketing scam diet. Why ban gluten, E numbers and coffein serves no purpose in this generalization...
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,669 Member
    Options
    Pure BS. All you're really doing here is severely restricting calories. ANYONE even without exercise can do that for free.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png