Simply delicious: baked sweet potato

Options
I absolutely ADORE Sweet potatos and Yams...such a wonderful tasty and healthy alternative to normal ones....

here's what I do:

Preheat oven to 450°, bake your sweet potatoes until they are nice and soft when u poke them with a knife.
Take em out, and let them cool down for a bit.
then slice your chosen potato und stuff it with either a low fat string cheese or in my case today a 35 cal laughing cow cheese wedge...stick your stuffed potato into the microwave on full blast for about 40 seconds. Season it with ground black pepper und drizzle a little low sodium soy sauce onto it... ET VOILÁ!!! <3<3<3

Depending on what size potato you use and what kind of cheese this delicious meal will add up to something in between 150-200 cals. And one of them is ever so filling and satisfying =)

Enjoy!!!

Replies

• messyhare
    messyhare Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Yummmmmm :smile:
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    I top my baked sweet potatoes w/ a little cottage cheese and cinnamon. Yummy!
  • wilkyway
    wilkyway Posts: 151
    Options
    Cinnamon....great idea =)
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    Cinnamon....great idea =)
    Also some nutmeg, pumpkin pie spice, cloves, anything like you would use w/ pumpkin is awesome!
  • Tina1128
    Options
    Cinnamon -- hmmmmm -- what a good idea!
  • keiko
    keiko Posts: 2,919 Member
    Options
    Top with some black beans seasoned with cumin, a little salsa and greek style yogurt and they make a good lunch!