Coffee a yes or a no?

Options

Replies

• sunnyskys2013
    sunnyskys2013 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    i am not a nice person without my morning coffee:explode: . But i always drink my coffee black.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
  • buttondown
    Options
    I was pretty sure its safe and that it is more of a matter of what people put in their coffee. I'm just always interested in what people have to say about it so thank you for all the input!
  • DeliriumCanBeFun
    DeliriumCanBeFun Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    My drinking coffee in the mornings is a public health service ;). I am not very focused nor am I very friendly until fully awake. It is my one little vice I have left I am not giving up. That and chocolate - chocolate must still fit into my life on a semi-regular basis.
    Haha! All of this!! We were made to be friends ;) Seriously, it does not affect weight loss. What makes coffee "bad" for most people is what it's mixed with. I have a cup every morning, but I have made it suit my needs better by going from using skim milk and sucralose to using almond/cocnut milk and stevia. And I have a cup of green tea most afternoons. Some caffeine is good, but not having a ton on a daily basis is good because it really gives me a boost when I need it. And editing to add the helpfulness of it to my morning "routine" too.
  • Disceteer
    Disceteer Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I switched to a vanilla chai tea because it has a good flavor and caffeine to keep me going plus its 0 every thing so its better for me than coffee (the way I drink it). It is true though that its not the coffee thats bad, its what gets put in it
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options

I honestly dont' think anyone one cares what they think- there would be a lot of crazy and dead people if we couldn't drink coffee.

lol

also- good preworkout.
  • hospitablegirl
    hospitablegirl Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Well I can't function without coffee so I'm going to say it's a "yes"!

If you load it up with cream and sugar or get specialty drinks from Starbucks on the regular, you are looking at a bunch of extra calories that might be better used on food. But you can make room for them if they're something you enjoy.

This^

I have coffee every day, twice a day. I even add cream (no sugar)! My advice is to make it yourself. Some of those Starbucks drinks have more than 1,000 calories! I have read multiple accounts that caffeine speeds up your metabolism. Even if that isn't the case, I don't want to know! It hasn't stopped me from losing weight. I just make sure my creamer is counted in my calories. :)
  • SCV34
    SCV34 Posts: 2,048 Member
    Options
    I"m a coffee drinker, not a huge coffee drinker but i like a cup in the morning and sometimes i have another one througout the day. There is a lot of conflicting information out there about if coffee is good or bad. I've red some info that actually said coffee can keep you from losing weight. Has anybody had any experience with no longer drinking coffee and it helping health wise?

I have been having a few cups of coffee every morning since the beginning of time. I have lost 13 pounds in six months and have done so drinking coffee every morning. I am mindful about what goes into my coffee. Usually just creamer/milk and nothing else.
  • kittenful
    kittenful Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    I love my coffee! It's part of my wake up routine and it makes me happy. I've lost all of my weight while having 2 cups every morning.
  • SCV34
    SCV34 Posts: 2,048 Member
    Options
    I think the taste of it is good and it helps me um, use the restroom in the morning. That is the number one reason I drink my daily cup to be honest.

#1 and #2 reasons for drinking coffee :wink:

Yes, I am not the only one:drinker:
  • louanneatayan
    louanneatayan Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Being a college student, I used to take at least 2 MUGS of BLACK COFFEE each day of our "hectic week" (which is kind of every day). I say that I was a caffeine addict and mostly trusted my energy boost to the coffee. Aside from irregular sleeping patterns and being fidgety most of the time, no harmful side effects have happened to.

As a personal opinion, I'd say a cup in the morning at least to give your metabolism and energy for the day a boost!
  • pammiejean40
    pammiejean40 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I drink a cup of black coffee every morning… no creamer no sugar.. and i'm losing weight just fine :)
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    I drink probably a pot of black coffee a day. Have for years.
  • Confuzzled4ever
    Confuzzled4ever Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    Me drinking coffee is good for my co workers and those who call me.

So YES GOOD
  • b_ray_73
    b_ray_73 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    As the sign in my cube says, "I drink coffee for your protection." There's no way I could deal with getting up for work at 3:30 every day and *not* have my coffee. It hasn't slowed down my loss but I do measure what I put in it.
  • justal313
    justal313 Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    Rottenecards_69155178_6xqq4g6w4c.png
  • BillRicks1
    BillRicks1 Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    I think of my consumption of coffee as a public service. After having at least two cups every day for over 40 years, to paraphrase Dr. Bruce Banner "You don't want to make me decaffeinated. You won't like me when I'm decaffeinated".
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    I'd rather saw off my own arm then give up my coffee.

xcvxcdxb.jpg
  • WillLift4Tats
    WillLift4Tats Posts: 1,699 Member
    Options
    Coffee is always, always a yes!

Of course, I drink it black so it is not a calorie hindrance to me. But if you are using sweetener and creamer, take it into account and as long as it fits in your goal, it's totally fine. :drinker:
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options

I honestly dont' think anyone one cares what they think- there would be a lot of crazy and dead people if we couldn't drink coffee.

Well the OP obviously cares what others think. I mean she did ask, after all. Though I have no idea if she cares for an expert opinion or not, but when asking for opinions I can't imagine why someone would not want the opinion of an expert.