weekly calorie goal success

Options
broox80
broox80 Posts: 1,195 Member
Has anyone had success calculating cals for the week instead of day? Sometimes when I didnt do as well I wonder if figuring my cals over the week would make me less obsessive about it. If people post sucess with this also explain how you track it. Is there a way to track weekly on MFP?:flowerforyou:

Replies

• broox80
    Options
    Bump
  • abenardini
    abenardini Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I use my weekly calorie goal to determine my daily goals, if that makes sense..So I take my TDEE-20% and then I multiply that number by 7 to determine my weekly goal and then I zig-zag/cycle my calories.

M: 1500
    T: 1800
    W: 1600
    TH: 1600
    F: 2000
    S: 1600
    SU: 2200

This gives me a little wiggle room and it keeps my body guessing..I hope :). So far it is working for me. I only have about 5-10 pounds to lose and the closer you get to your goal, the harder it is to lose that fat. There doesn't seem a way to do it on MFP but I just set my calorie goal at 1600 with my 40/30/30 macros (carb/prot/fat) and I keep track of my calorie goals on my own but I add my exercise..although I don't eat all of them back since I already have my calorie goals based on my TDEE which includes my exercise. Sorry if this is confusing but I am a big number person AND I like the variation.
  • xjckemx
    xjckemx Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I've done this since the start, used a weekly goal instead. I use the phone app which gives u a weekly summary and shows each day On a chart and how much u have left for the week. I don't know if its the same for the full site. Some days I just eat less and other days I need more so a weekly tally is much better. I only had a few pounds to lose but it's worked for me.
  • StArBeLLa87
    StArBeLLa87 Posts: 1,582 Member
    Options
    Yeah I do that all the time it's the way to go for me!
  • WhaddoWino
    WhaddoWino Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    This is a fabulous thought!
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    I do 5:2 fasting (two very low calorie days per week) and my other 5 days are over TDEE so that I maintain weight.
    MFP is just set at my 5 day goal so the two fasting days are massively under.
    I eat back all my exercise calories but might spread that out over a couple of days as well.

I track my calories in / calories burned / net minus BMR etc. in a spreadsheet so that I can see my numbers are working out correctly over a period of time.

Working out calories over a week suits me much better and lets me fit in social events without feeling restricted.
  • broox80
    Options
    Thanks everyone. Great feedback!!
  • lovemitch125
    lovemitch125 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Yup, I do this too! I am currently trying to maintain my weight and since I'm partying a lot (GRADUATION, WOOT!) I usually exceed on weekends, but on weekdays I am usually a few hundred under. I don't obsess about how over or under I am on any particular day. At the end of the week I will average it all out and if my average over the week is between 1900 and 2100 (if I also work out 5-6 times that week) then I am fine. I also watch my body closely and weigh myself weekly to make sure I am still maintaining. I have not seen a weight gain yet and I can go over by a few hundreds some days! haha. Gotta love that weekly average :bigsmile:
  • Lovestoscrapbook
    Lovestoscrapbook Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I am also interested in this...glad to see that it is working for so many because yes, that last 10 pounds is proving to be very elusive to lose!
  • britdias
    britdias Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm having trouble figuring things out. I've been on MFP for almost a year and I've been scared to ask this... I workout a lot and burn anywhere between 800-100 calories a workout (says my HRM) and by the end of the week my weekly calorie goal is under 3-4 thousand calories. Should I be hitting my weekly calorie goal each week? I think with all of the working out and not eating back my calories I'm essentially starving myself but it's not my intention. I'm just horrible with anything that has to do with numbers and I can't figure this out. I keep changing my goals since I'm not sure of what a good balance is for me.

i can tell you that I will hit my daily goal then I will workout, burn the 800-100 calls and then go to sleep. i have to eat BEFORE my workouts since I have GERD and I can't eat before bed. I am a teacher so I wake up at 4:30 am everyday and I'm not home until 3 pm. I come home, eat, help my grandma out and then I workout at night. I do T-25 and I have my activity level set to "active." I will do T-25 plus some weight training at home. Nothing major. I do have a lot of muscle on me which is great. I just have some stubborn slight love handles that won't do away.

My stats are:
    5'7''
    139 lbs
    Active
    BMR is 1434

Anyone care to help me set my new goals up?
  • jeeplovin
    jeeplovin Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I can not find the weekly calorie graph on the mobile app. Where is it?