Drinking water.

2»

Replies

• ATT949
    ATT949 Posts: 1,245 Member
    Here's where I fail hard when it comes to my diet. I try my best to drink as much as I can but I seem to only hit around 3-4 bottles of water which is pretty much half of what I need to drink.

So what I wanted to ask was does anyone have steps or ways they try and keep the water intake high?
    A couple of thoughts…
    First the heresy - I've heard "you should drink X amount of water per day" for decades (yes, decades) and I've never been able to find a scientific study that confirms that. The only scientific study that I've seen confirms that we need about 8 glasses of water FROM ALL SOURCES for our body to function.
    For me, I can't get into the idea that I've got to pour half a gallon of water into my large body on top of my food (which includes lots of lettuce), my 20 oz of coffee, and my 16 oz of water that I take in for protein drinks.
    I've been active under very harsh conditions (US Army) and it's only in the desert where we approached that level of water intake.
    I believe that we should increase our water intake during dieting but if you're pulling in 3 or 4 bottles of water, that's quite a bit of water.

Having said that, I bought one of these

http://thinkbabybottles.3dcartstores.com/Insulated-Sports-Bottles-_c_6.html

and I drink maybe two of those a day, including the days when I work out.

Insofar as not liking the taste of water - I use a Brita water filter jug in the fridge. After a workout, it's like pure liquid cold!

If it's any consolation, I could never drink water unless it had bourbon in it…
  • abbiez
    abbiez Posts: 229 Member
    I bought three water bottles at the dollar store in neon blue, green, and pink. each bottle holds 32oz of water. I'm going to aim to drink 3 of those water bottles a a day.
  • auntiebabs
    auntiebabs Posts: 1,754 Member
    A while back I'd been to a nutritionist.

She said 1 glass (8 oz) of water for every 25lbs of body weight.

So if your a 350 lb Man you'll need 14 glasses (8 oz) of water or 112 oz.
    If you are a 98 lb woman you'll need 4 glass of water or 32 oz.

Kinda makes sense to me that your needs dietary needs are not 1 size fits all.
    To figure that everyone needs 8 glasses of water a day regardless of their physical make up seems silly to me.
  • saw a statistic the other day that americans drink so many water bottles each year you could circle the earth several times! That is a lot of garbage in our dumps. Buy a bpa free water bottle please!! Then add natural flavors to it - lemon, cucumber, berries... and do your best.:flowerforyou:
This discussion has been closed.