HRM vs Activity Tracker

Options
2»

Replies

• adipace815
    adipace815 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    The FT60 is actually just an activity tracker. The only way actual Heart Rate data is captured is if you synch a chest strap to the watch. I agree with everyone, you should wear the HRM chest strap during workouts only. The watch will capture the rest of the activity. Polar's website does a pretty good job synching it all up. I do wish there was a MFP synch, but its not that much work to enter it manually if you like to have your activity shown on MFP. I only record the HRM data that I collect during cardio workouts. Good luck!
  • mustangmonie
    mustangmonie Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I just got a Mio Alpha! My husband bought me a FitBit for Christmas but it was too big, they never got any in stock in my size and then it was recalled. My daughter talked with the Mio folks at CES and thought it was more what I am looking for. I don't want a chest strap, period. Mio is supposed to be EKG accurate without the strap. I am not a swimmer so it won't matter that it doesn't record an accurate heart rate in the water. I wanted a unit that would at least ballpark more activities not just running or bike riding. I only care about recording my heart rate during physical activities whether that is stair climbing, barbell strength class or raking leaves. Monitoring the rest of my day seems pointless as that really isn't going to change my weight or body composition. My day to day activities are roughly the same, I just need data for my actual exercise.

My only problem now is deciding which app to use to get the data converted to calorie information and sync with MFP. Is there anybody that has a Mio and would recommend an app that currently works pretty well for them? I know some folks have said they are using Digifit, but I only have a 4S and it requires iOS7.

Thanks for any input.