What keeps you going?

Options
2»

Replies

• Saucy_lil_Minx
    Saucy_lil_Minx Posts: 3,302 Member
    Options
    I have days where I am tired, and don't want to go to the gym. However, I have found that if I feel that way once I get in there, and start I am always glad I did. By the time I am done I feel so much better! I know it is because my job stress weighs me down emotionally, and it is more mental exhaustion then physical. Having to exert the extra physical push lets my brain shut down, and do an emotional repair of sorts. I stop thinking about anything other than the physical activity I am doing, and I LET GO!!!!!

That keeps me going back even more than the physical changes in my body that have occurred over the past year, and a half. My mental well being!!

Hunger is not so much a worry for me I eat when I am hungry I just try to make appropriate choices, and keep good choices on hand to avoid temptations. Individual Beef Jerky Sticks, and 1 oz. portioned snack bags of Almonds, and Hazelnuts are kept in my purse, glove-box, and Office desk. I also have the luxury of working in a smaller office where we all have become health aware so we support one another by opting for healthy snacks to be left in the lunch room. However, one a month we make an office "splurge day" where one of us brings in something fun, and we all get to maintain feeling guilt free for enjoying it!
  • jessilyn76
    jessilyn76 Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    Me.....no one else is gonna do it!
  • literaturelover25
    literaturelover25 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    When i can't seem to motivate myself to workout or log. I come on here and am motivated and reminded that it is possible.
  • kasmsc42
    kasmsc42 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    For me, it's knowing that the changes I am making are positive and healthy for me.
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    Not wanting to be as big as I was ever again.
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    Tired - I remember a good walk will revive me. Hungry - I eat. I try to make it something healthy but I don't like being hungry.
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,585 Member
    Options
    i dont know anymore
  • ranks39
    ranks39 Posts: 14
    Options
    I do it because I don't want to spend money on getting new, bigger clothes!
  • amberlynn0925
    Options
    I imagine the skinny self that I want to be and I exercise