How do I get fitness model hot!

Options
rachaee
rachaee Posts: 46 Member
Okay so forgive me, I'm posting this in two sections as it's obviously relatable to nutrition and exercise.

I'm 23, from the uk. 140 pounds at 5'5 and my body is pretty average. I can eat clean, I'm really interested in it and my exercise routine is currently various classes (boxing, Zumba, spinning) and a 5k, I try to do some sort of exercise 5 days a week. My problem is I'm stuck. I don't know how to go from "okay" to elite. I want to shred the fat off and be tiny but toned. I have quite a muscular, broad build so I don't think I need to lift as I honestly think I will get more masculine looking, feel free to yell if I'm wrong! I don't eat pasta, bread or potatoes day to day as I just have no interest in them but at the moment It happens that say once a week il slip and eat crap or eat a big meal because I have no major goal I'm working towards. I'd love any advice anyone could give me!

Replies

• luckydays27
    luckydays27 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    Okay so forgive me, I'm posting this in two sections as it's obviously relatable to nutrition and exercise.

I'm 23, from the uk. 140 pounds at 5'5 and my body is pretty average. I can eat clean, I'm really interested in it and my exercise routine is currently various classes (boxing, Zumba, spinning) and a 5k, I try to do some sort of exercise 5 days a week. My problem is I'm stuck. I don't know how to go from "okay" to elite. I want to shred the fat off and be tiny but toned. I have quite a muscular, broad build so I don't think I need to lift as I honestly think I will get more masculine looking, feel free to yell if I'm wrong! I don't eat pasta, bread or potatoes day to day as I just have no interest in them but at the moment It happens that say once a week il slip and eat crap or eat a big meal because I have no major goal I'm working towards. I'd love any advice anyone could give me!

You cant get masculine looking by heavy weight lifting without some sort of steroid or a crap ton of time in the gym over a long period of time.

If you want to get fit, start lifting weights. Go for as heavy as you can do for the routine that you are doing. Eat a fair amount of protein (1gram per each pond of lean body mass). Give it time and you will get there.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,527 Member
    Options
    Train like a fitness model. And yes they do weight train daily to look that way.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    lift weights.

diet.

fitness models lift- and they have a regimented diet and maintain a moderate low body fat percentage outside of working days.

That being said- what you see on a magazine or a show is usually several weeks of intense dieting and then a week of water/carb manipulation to work gylocgen to your advantage- those women do not walk around looking like that year round.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    you wont get more masculine looking by doing resistence training or lifting heavy.

I lift heavy and have for 6 months..the only thing on me that got bigger was the weights going on the bar everything else is tighter (and getting even more so) and smaller...a total of 21 inches lost overall.
  • emeraldeyes_bc
    emeraldeyes_bc Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Fitness models have a VERY extreme diet and exercise routine, and it is a full time job to look the way they do.

Don't be afraid to lift heavy. Women don't have enough testosterone to grow large from lifting heavy. The female body builders that you see that are manly looking, they are taking steroids in order to look that way (a lot of the fitness models are taking things too)

In order to get lean, diet is everything. Go to ContestPrep.com Julie just won her second WBFF title. She does custom diet/exercise programs for people who are serious.
  • 1PatientBear
    1PatientBear Posts: 2,089 Member
    Options

You're wrong. You want to look like a fitness model but you don't want to lift weights?? Say that out loud to yourself and see if it sounds logical AT ALL.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    Yes, you need to lift.
  • allana1111
    allana1111 Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    lifting makes you smaller
  • Yep_imchicbad
    Yep_imchicbad Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I've been lifting for 2 years and I eat potatoes and pasta. Cardio does not make you look like a fitness model, Lifting does. AND I do not look like a man.
    My actual goal is to hopefully compete in fitness. You have to lift, you have to eat, but most of all stop telling yourself that you don't.

Ooooooooh if only someone could stop this farce of a lie that woman who lift turn into Mrs. Man.
  • SugaryLynx
    SugaryLynx Posts: 2,640 Member
    Options
    Lift heavy...
  • Strokingdiction
    Strokingdiction Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    lift weights.

diet.

fitness models lift- and they have a regimented diet and maintain a moderate low body fat percentage outside of working days.

That being said- what you see on a magazine or a show is usually several weeks of intense dieting and then a week of water/carb manipulation to work gylocgen to your advantage- those women do not walk around looking like that year round.

Not to mention that many of those cover models are also photoshopped which I never understood when it concerned an actual fitness magazine.

Those models, even with photoshop, still work very hard to get and maintain those bodies through strict diet and fitness routines.
  • rose313
    rose313 Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    Definitely lift weights. You can't bulk up if you're eating at a deficit. You will lose fat and your muscles will become stronger and you will see the "toned" look you're looking for. Plus lifting is fun! You don't have to start off with free weights (although they are awesome for your core), you can start with a Nautilus program, or even start with your own body weight. It's a lot easier than many people think when they start off!
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    Google showed me this:

http://blog.shareitfitness.com/2013/fitness-model-workout-plan/

But beginner lifters probably should not do body part isolation until they build up a good strength base. This also didn't talk about bulk/cut phases which I'd guess at least some models have done before they got to the "model" phase.
  • krystalrfletcher
    krystalrfletcher Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I'm prepping for a fitness competition right now and Its alot of work to look like that. To be honest it's not healthy to look like that most of the year, its only during contest season they get that low in bodyfat. But Everyone who's said you need to lift is 100% right, you need muscle to have something to show off! That and a VERY strict diet plan.Those girls go at least 12 weeks before a competition eating extrememly clean and most have a diet plan specifically tailored to thier bodies.
  • Linda6580
    Linda6580 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    What everyone else has said. Now go do it, it's fun!!
  • HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    Options
    You need to lift, I guarantee you that fitness models do. If you want to look like them, you can't just ignore a big part of their training.

You won't look too masculine.
  • PippiNe
    PippiNe Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Agree with everyone who said lift. You mentioned your body shape is masculine and broad. What lifting will actually do for you is likely give you a more feminine appearance. By sculpting muscular shoulders and arms and thighs, you visually narrow your waist - therefore creating an hourglass shape :o). You don't need to develop big "guns", just build on what you have and cut your body fat percentage through your diet and increased muscle mass. You can lift by going to the gym or you can use free weights or even dumbbells at home. There are many lifting workouts to be found online, search for some and pick a routine that you can stick with. Good luck!
  • kdeaux1959
    kdeaux1959 Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    lift weights.

diet.

^^^^ This PLUS pHoTosHoP...
  • dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    lift weights.

diet.

^^^^ This PLUS pHoTosHoP...

And they workout for hours each day because that's their J.O.B
  • PaleoPath4Lyfe
    PaleoPath4Lyfe Posts: 3,161 Member
    Options
    Fitness models have a VERY extreme diet and exercise routine, and it is a full time job to look the way they do.

Don't be afraid to lift heavy. Women don't have enough testosterone to grow large from lifting heavy. The female body builders that you see that are manly looking, they are taking steroids in order to look that way (a lot of the fitness models are taking things too)

In order to get lean, diet is everything. Go to ContestPrep.com Julie just won her second WBFF title. She does custom diet/exercise programs for people who are serious.

The bolded part..................if a woman has PCOS she may have enough testosterone to bulk up. I have very elevated levels of testosterone and I look bulky when lifting.............I like the look though so it doesn't bother me