What's your 2010 Last Chance Workout?

Options
Anyone doing a "Last Chance" workout to close out 2010? I'm gonna try to do an entire Walk At Home video.

Replies

• BleacherAddict
    Options
    Our office closed down this week, so I've been spending my "staycation" working out twice a day instead of just once. I haven't seen the numbers yet, but I feel AMAZING! :happy:
  • MaryTheIceCube
    MaryTheIceCube Posts: 1,099 Member
    Options
    I think that sounds like a GREAT idea! I know I want to put in a workout today, but wasn't sure how intense I wanted to make it. A "Last Chance 2010" workout would be an awesome way to conclude the year. Hmmm... maybe a good run outside, seeing as all the snow melted away overnight and it's not too terribly cold out there right at the moment. Maybe I'll add a dance workout or something similar as well. :) Thanks for the good idea! :)
  • EQHanks
    EQHanks Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I will be playing the Biggest Loser Ultimate workout for xbox 360 kinect and dance central before I head out to celebrate tonight!
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    Insanity Max Cardio Conditioning is on the schedule tomorrow morning. That should be a good 700+ calorie burn.
  • meggonkgonk
    meggonkgonk Posts: 2,066 Member
    Options
    FYI peeps: Don't push too hard in your last chance workout- when you push muscles they will retain water to repair themselves.

Not trying to be contrarian or put people off- I was planning a pretty solid workout myself- I just don't want anyone feeling disappointed after putting in all that effort.

Good luck everyone!!
  • bottom
    bottom Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I'd like to run five miles this afternoon before the New Year's party. That way I don't have to think too much about the food I eat there, although it will all still be "best option" snacks.
  • MaryTheIceCube
    MaryTheIceCube Posts: 1,099 Member
    Options
    OK so, change of plans on the outdoor run. It just now started POURING down rain... lol... such odd weather for December 31 in Indiana!!
  • Dlibo1013
    Dlibo1013 Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    Just did an hour and fifteen minute workout with my personal trainer. Weights, running, stairs, abs, jump rope you name it
  • TaneeisFitforLife
    Options
    I'll be practicing my air-aerobics class at home & going in later to the studio I work at to catch the Zumba w/hoop toning class :)
  • FitnessTim
    FitnessTim Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    FYI peeps: Don't push too hard in your last chance workout- when you push muscles they will retain water to repair themselves.

Not trying to be contrarian or put people off- I was planning a pretty solid workout myself- I just don't want anyone feeling disappointed after putting in all that effort.

Good luck everyone!!

I actually like it when my weight goes up the day following weight training. It tells me I'm doing it right.

On the other hand, if I do nothing but cardio, I see a weight loss.

Great point!
  • tawny7
    tawny7 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I did an hour on the elliptical this morning at the gym...even though I tried to talk myself out of going! lol!
  • colochel
    colochel Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Great idea!! I havent been working out conventionally (just walking here and there a little and working) and need to put in a good cardio effort. I think I'm going to try to do an hour on the elliptical.
  • Stephanie191991
    Options
    I did 45 mins of Turbo Jam
  • mikegohl
    mikegohl Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Swam an hour this morning.
  • Kath712
    Kath712 Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    I took my girls to an indoor moonbounce place this morning, so I did a lot of bouncing/jumping/climbing already. Planning either a workout video or stationary bike ride this afternoon. And maybe some Wii Just Dance 2. :drinker: :bigsmile:
  • WonderNoodle
    Options
    going to hit the track and try to increase my 2 lap jog record (1/2 mile) to 3!
  • KeriA
    KeriA Posts: 3,275 Member
    Options
    Like someone said earlier I have been upping my exercise this last week by adding jogging intervals into my walk and I went to a Zumba class. I have spent extra time exercising sometimes getting in an extra workout in a day. Today I have been grocery shopping and cooking for 3 hours and am not done so my only work out today besides that will be a little stationary bike at home.