Quest bars?

Options
ovi212
ovi212 Posts: 145 Member
Has anyone found quest bars recently in Canada (ontario)?
Anyone have any recommendations?

Replies

• kwedman488
    kwedman488 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Yeah. Don't eat them. You could eat so much more food for the same amount of calories and will fill you up more and cost less.
  • lemonsnowdrop
    lemonsnowdrop Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Yeah. Don't eat them. You could eat so much more food for the same amount of calories and will fill you up more and cost less.

Maybe some people like and can afford them? Maybe some people find them helpful for getting in extra protein? Maybe some people find that they satisfy their sweet tooth and don't use up so many calories? Don't be so quick to bash something.
  • msf74
    msf74 Posts: 3,498 Member
    Options

Have you checked Amazon?

I've never tried them myself but this same question in a different thread about Quest Bars in the UK and Amazon supply them so I guess the same may be true in Canada.
  • maybabier
    maybabier Posts: 32 Member
    Options

Agreed.
    They taste like cardboard. And all that carbs and protein I can get from real food. Real food is cheaper. Want good protein, get it from 100% whey, chicken breast, fish. Want sugar? Eat some damn sugar or fruits. Dark chocolate or just a small piece of candy is a lot less calorie than that bar.
  • JMoore221979
    Options
    skip the bars in general they are just glorified candy bars with a little extra protein....
  • ovi212
    ovi212 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the input but I think once in a lifetime would be fine...especially if it fits in my calorie allottment
  • Chopper37run
    Chopper37run Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I have actually been eating them once per day mainly for the fiber (18 fiber). If you heat them in the microwave they are actually not that bad. Order from Amazon or GNC also has them. I personally have them for dinner because that is the best for me I have a friend that does one for lunch. They are only 170 calories so you may just want to use them as a snack
  • emeraldeyes_bc
    emeraldeyes_bc Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Popeye's Supplements ????
  • CharleePear
    CharleePear Posts: 1,948 Member
    Options
    skip the bars in general they are just glorified candy bars with a little extra protein....

they only have 1g of sugar mate.
  • 43mmmgoody21
    43mmmgoody21 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Before you buy...

Quest Bars have the best macros (according to the label). But it is my understanding that they are being sued in California for allegedly falsifying the macros of their bars-- so I no longer eat them. The fibre in those bars (along with the protein) are what attracted me to Quest Bars-- the taste kept me buying them. But i am suspicious of how accurate the macros are so i dropped them and replaced with real food I can track.

Just do a google search and decide for yourself.

I once had 3 of them in a row (and this amounts to a lot of fibre + 50 grams). However, i had no reaction (even though in addition to the Quest bars i get quite a bit of fibre). This is what led me to be suspicious of the label. There is no doubt they are tasty (for a protein bar), however, is the nutritional data accurate? I'll let the courts decide. In the meantime if i want a yummy candy bar i'll have an Oh Henry.
  • MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    Options

Agreed.
    They taste like cardboard. And all that carbs and protein I can get from real food. Real food is cheaper. Want good protein, get it from 100% whey, chicken breast, fish. Want sugar? Eat some damn sugar or fruits. Dark chocolate or just a small piece of candy is a lot less calorie than that bar.

Then you get done eating all that **** and still craving what you wanted to begin with.
  • emeraldeyes_bc
    Options
    Before you buy...

Quest Bars have the best macros (according to the label). But it is my understanding that they are being sued in California for allegedly falsifying the macros of their bars-- so I no longer eat them. The fibre in those bars (along with the protein) are what attracted me to Quest Bars-- the taste kept me buying them. But i am suspicious of how accurate the macros are so i dropped them and replaced with real food I can track.

Just do a google search and decide for yourself.

I once had 3 of them in a row (and this amounts to a lot of fibre + 50 grams). However, i had no reaction (even though in addition to the Quest bars i get quite a bit of fibre). This is what led me to be suspicious of the label. There is no doubt they are tasty (for a protein bar), however, is the nutritional data accurate? I'll let the courts decide. In the meantime if i want a yummy candy bar i'll have an Oh Henry.

As was said before, anyone can file a lawsuit. They are stating that IMO is not a fiber, but it does fit criteria to be labeled a fiber

"Dietary fibers are the indigestible portion of plant foods that move food through the digestive system, absorbing water and making defecation easier. Dietary fiber consists of many other plant components such as dextrin, inulin, lignin, pectin, beta-glucans and resistant-oligosaccharides. For a dietary substrate to be classified as a Fiber, following criteria are required;

-The substrate must be resistant to digestion & absorption in upper GI tract
    -It may undergo partially or completely fermentation by bifidobacteria or do not ferment at all
    -Fermentation may results in SCFA that metabolize in liver and confer many physiological benefits to the host
    -Induce bulking effect in feces

Since IMO consists mainly of 3 to 7 glucose units linked together mostly by digestion-resistant α(1-6) linkages with having a prebiotic effect as well as exhibiting the properties of retaining moisture, producing bulking effect and helping moving the stool forward, it is considered a type of dietary fiber."

And just as a side note...how on earth did you eat 3 in a row?? :/ omg
  • JazmineYoli
    JazmineYoli Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    Are you looking for flavor recommendations or recommendations on where to buy them in Ontario?

If flavor - Cookies and Cream, but also use the search function on here. There are a lot of good similar threads.
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    Someone will have to pry my quest bars out of my cold, dead hands! :laugh: That being said, I don't totally rely on them as a source of nutrition. I do see them as an alternative to eating sweets when I have sugar cravings. In fact, I think they taste better than candy.
  • Missjulesdid
    Missjulesdid Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the input but I think once in a lifetime would be fine...especially if it fits in my calorie allottment

I find all these opinions hilarious. If you don't like them, don't eat them.. If they don't fill you up, don't eat them. If they are too expensive for you... then, you guessed it, DON'T EAT THEM.... but you definitely can't call them "glorified candy bars" My favorite flavor has 170 calories.. 20 grams of protein and 17 grams of fiber. So in the full bar that's 22 calories that are not protein or fiber... YEAH, 22 calories... I can make that fit into my allotment!

Personally I enjoy quest bars. I think they're delicious they provide me with a good dose of protein while satisfying my sweet tooth. Yeah, they're pricey but I use coupons and buy them when they're on sale at GNC so I save a bit there. I know there are GNC stores in Ontario and I know that GNC carries Quest bars... BUT I don't know if GNC in Canada carries Quest. Call them and see .
  • asdowe13
    asdowe13 Posts: 1,951 Member
    Options

GNC canada sells them.
    or online

questproteinbar.com
  • laserturkey
    laserturkey Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options
    I order mine from Quest online, or from Amazon, depending on who has the best deal at the moment. I usually have the chocolate chip cookie dough flavor, but I also like the cinnamon roll ones.
  • emeraldeyes_bc
    Options
    What's with the GNC obsession? People are complaining that they are expensive, well shop at GNC and you're guaranteed to pay WAY more, and they make you buy a membership :/ Seriously, find a Popeye's, and each Popeye's is individually/locally owned and operated so you're also shopping locally
  • AnabolicKyle
    AnabolicKyle Posts: 489 Member
    Options

Agreed.

1g of sugar...
  • 43mmmgoody21
    43mmmgoody21 Posts: 146 Member
    Options

And just as a side note...how on earth did you eat 3 in a row?? :/ omg

I had the cookies and creme and 2 cookie dough bars-- they taste like candy so eating 3 was not a problem. Eating large quantities of anything has never been a problem for me (which is why Intermittent Fasting has worked so well for me-- huge meals 2 or 3 times within my feeding window).

BTW. While i realize anyone can file a lawsuit that does not mean that Quest Bars really have the macros they claim (alternatively they may). Because of this possibility if i want protein i'll just have some real food (or in a pinch some whey powder). If i want a bar that tastes like candy i'll have a real candy bar.