April Walking Challenge 2014

Options

Replies

• kathrineb57
    kathrineb57 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,
    I did not journal last night. Just too tired. No walking exercise yesterday. Just too tired.
    I DID work an 13 hour shift and walked 14,611 steps. That is what made me tired. Starting in May, my work day changes to a 10 hour day. I am truly looking forward to that, even though it adds another work day in my week.

Today, I had a 10 hour update class for my Medication Aide Certification. It was interesting all day. Cold and rainy here. Not walking today. I am still tired. Going to make a light dinner and to bed. Got to work tomorrow.

So my steps today, only total 2,244.

The good thing was, the class was in a basement, and the womens bathroom was 2 flights of stairs up. And I made that trip numerous times today. lol At one time, I got a look from the instructor, and I blurted out the first thing that came to mind. "My 25mg Hydrochlorothiazide medication is working" Hahahaha. This is a med that most people would call a "water pill".

Be strong & be healthy,

Kathrine from Kansas
  • Rebamae
    Rebamae Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    Hi all!!
    I did it - made my 5000 + steps today! It feels good to get that goal met.

It was a beautiful evening here - one of our first for the season. I was so glad to spend time outside.

I hope I get to talk to you tomorrow. Everyone have a evening!!
  • conatser9
    conatser9 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Hey Guys,
    It was a good day .The weather was good. Walked just 2 miles tonight. Just took a 30min walk after getting the kids homework.
    Good All
  • Helchia
    Helchia Posts: 4
    Options
    I'm just new to all this but would also like to join the May Walking Challenge. How will I know when/where this Post will be?
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    4/10 - Leslie Sasone Walking 2 miles
    4/12- Walking 2.5 miles
    4/14 - Leslie Sasone Walking 2 miles w/weights
    4/16- Leslie Sasone Walking 2 miles
    4/17- Walking 2 miles
    4/19- Leslie Sasone Walking 2 miles
    4-21- Walking 45 min. - 2.5 miles
    4/24- Walking 35 min - 2 miles
    4/25- Leslie Sasone Walking 4.0 mph w/weights 34 min. - 2 miles
  • conatser9
    conatser9 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    4/7 5 miles
    4/8 4.5 miles
    4/9 7 miles
    4/10 4.5 miles
    4/12 2 miles
    4/15 4.5 miles
    4/23 4.5 miles
    4/24 2 miles
    4/25 2 miles
  • michele0101
    Options
    I'm walking 5 days a week for one hour.I want to start lifting but I hate gyms. :(
  • osieray
    osieray Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I'm in I want to try and walk at least 2 miles a day. Lets see how I do! So 2 miles x 30 = 60. I'll start tomorrow but I won't start counting until Tuesday.
  • kathrineb57
    Options
    Good Morning to all you wonderful walkers! I worked yesterday, and always know that on work days, I go get my steps in. I also know it it not the same as a 30 minute or 60 minute brisk pace walk. But, I am pleased that I make it over 10,000 steps a day.
    4/25/2014 Total Steps for the day 13,113

Today, I am off work, and it is always a challenge to get my steps in.

michele0101 - I hate gyms too. I feel awkward there and it stinks. Not to mention overwhelmed with all that equipment. I do know how important it is to do strength training, so I plan on going down to the Parks & Rec gym. It is about a mile from my house (walking distance). It is small and not as near as terrifying as the other places. And it is free.

Shirley61 - I love Leslie Sansome. I have not walked with her in a while. What a fun way to work out.

Rebamae - You are awesome! Keep up the great walking. I like your mantra by the way, You are so right! ONWARD AND DOWNWARD.

Well, I better hit the trail, before by big butt gets stuck on this chair for the afternoon.

Everyone, Have a great walk today.

Be healthy and strong today.

Kathrine from Kansas
  • Rebamae
    Options
    Hey Kathrine, I know I 'borrowed" the mantra from someone on here - but it so speaks to me, so I hope they don't mind that I am using it!

I did not walk nearly as much yesterday - only 3853 steps but I could really tell that I had done a great workout with Leslie on Thursday. So maybe it was OK to take a few less steps yesterday.

Welcome to the new walkers! This is a great motivator!!

I hope everyone has a great Saturday. I am going to have a "chat" with Leslie and her DVD! LOL
  • grandmothercharlie
    grandmothercharlie Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    Love this group! Everyone is doing great and is so positive!

I last posted Monday night. I made my goals (10,000 steps / 4,000 cardio steps) every day:

4/22: 12,891 / 6,951
    4/23: 12,065 / 5,254
    4/24: 13,598 / 4,435
    4/25: 18,350 / 4,567

Had a busy day today and have so far walked 6,528, but haven't done a cardio workout yet. I'm just leaving work and I have tickets for a play in 4 hours. Don't know if I'll workout tonight or not. (Spent a few hours lifting a total of about 1,000# today at an e-waste recycling drive and my back is feeling it). Still need to eat and shower. Not a lot of time! I would need about 1.5 - 2 more miles! Hate not to do it though. I'm having eye surgery on Tuesday so no workout then. I feel awful when I don't workout.
  • grandmothercharlie
    Options
    I really feel guilty if I don't workout. No matter what, so I did go and walk the indoor track for 30-some minutes at the gym and rode the stationary bike for 30 minutes. Ended up with 14,193 steps today and 4,786 were cardio! I should be able to get a good walk in tomorrow and Monday. None on Tuesday though. That's okay, I'm ahead of my goal.
  • Rebamae
    Options
    Good morning beautiful walkers on a beautiful Sunday morning!!

I just did 17 minutes of walking with Leslie. I will let you know my total steps tonight!
  • grandmothercharlie
    Options
    Okay, I must be taking this challenge seriously. My son called and said they wanted to go to the zoo today with the grandkids! We go all the time; we are huge zoo lovers. I only had 1 1/2 hours until I had to meet them. So I hopped in shower, went to the gym. I knew I would be walking a lot at the zoo, but not aerobic walking. Yet my goal for myself is 10,000 steps of which 4,000 must be cardio. I only had about 40 minutes to spare. Normally I would have ridden the stationary bike for 30 minutes and figured I would get plenty of walking at the zoo, just not cardio. But, with the challenge, I had to get in my cardio, so I walked instead. As it turned out, the kids morning nap went long, so they were an hour late. I could have done the bike, too.

Ended up with 13,611 steps for the entire day of which 4,234 were cardio steps at the gym. I would have had a lot more regular steps, but we never do the whole zoo. Kids need their afternoon naps so we only ever do 1/2.
  • kathrineb57
    Options
    Hello my walking friends, I am sorry to say, I did not walk today. I woke up with a headache, rushed around to be ready to go to an art auction reception in KC. The storms rolled in, I got a migraine and I canceled the rest of my day. Kudos, to all with your awesome walking goals. I will work the next 3 days so might not post much. But I will return. Good night
    Be healthy and strong,
    Kathrine from Kansas
  • Rebamae
    Options
    Kathrine, I am so sorry about your day yesterday - what a bummer!!

I am on my way to walk with Leslie again - yes we have wind again today. They are forecasting gusts over 60mph :angry:

In fact they have wind forecast till Thursday of this week :noway:

I just did 10 min of intense walking w/ Leslie!!

See you tonight!!
    Reba
  • pammerz88
    pammerz88 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    4/5: 1.84 miles
    4/8: 3 miles
    4/9: 1.85 miles
    4/11: 1.23 miles
    4/12: 1.5 miles
    4/16: 1.83 miles
    4/19: 2.21 miles
    4/22: 2.42 miles
    4/23: 1 mile
    4/26: 2.3 miles
  • Rebamae
    Options
    Good morning!!

I just did 10 min of intense walking with Leslie!!

So far 1907 steps!!
  • Rebamae
    Options
    Another 10 min of intensive walking w/ Leslie = total step today so far = 3774
  • Rebamae
    Options
    Hey, where is everyone??

I walked a total of 5509 steps. Hopefully today I can be closer to 6000.