100 calories

Options
Any suggestions for a good 'snack' for 100 calories?

Replies

• chiqey
    chiqey Posts: 13
    Options
    I find prawns very filling and low calorie - had some today ...garlic and coriander prawns 124 calories for 125g
  • kwedman488
    kwedman488 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    2 small apples
    4 tbsp pb2 mixed with water with celery sticks
    Dannon light & fit Greek yogurt (80 cal)
    1/2 cantaloupe
    2 mozzarella cheese sticks or laughing cow wheels
    1/2 cup fat free cottage cheese
    1 hard boiled egg (60 cal for medium, 70 for large)
    400 g strawberries ish
    1 can green beans (70 cals)

The list is endless. Find foods you like, find low calorie versions. Done.
  • SugaryLynx
    SugaryLynx Posts: 2,640 Member
    Options
    100 calorie snack? I could give you a bunch but I can promise you 100 calories of anything will not satisfy you, more than likely. Wouldn't me. Just make me a hangry mess. Small apples, 75% of a banana, handful of nuts (weigh them), salad with light dressing and like a pinch of cheese and avacado (weigh that, too), half a hot pocket, a serving of canned tuna, fruit snacks, carrots like 220g ish worth, pickles, some yogurts are 70-100 calories
  • heatherfeather130
    heatherfeather130 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Bare Fruit Apple Chips

http://www.baresnacks.com/
  • looseseal
    looseseal Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    100 cals wouldn't do much for me. But up it a bit (200) and eat some lean protein (I'm big on cheese sticks @ 80 cals/stick) and good carbs (fruit, pretzels, whole grain crackers) combined and that should stave off the hungries until your next meal. Apple or banana with a tblspn of peanut butter is a good one too.
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    1.8 Oreo cookies.
  • MadRosBla
    Options
    Cottage cheese with pineapple/strawberries/peaches/ any low calorie fruit jam.
    Popcorn
    Celery sticks
    Carrots
    Yogurt
    Oatmeal
  • mymodernbabylon
    mymodernbabylon Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    Thanks all. I'm not super hungry but enough that something small will do me. I think cottage cheese would do the trick.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Ostrim sticks. The natural flavor is 80 calories and 14 grams of protein.

http://www.amazon.com/Proto-Foods-Ostrim-Natural-Flavor/dp/B001CU0N36
  • jbaerbock
    jbaerbock Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Get a lite yogurt and add some milled flaxseed to it. It ups the protein and fiber content and so keeps you fuller longer. A standard lite yogurt cup plus about 0.5-1tbsp of milled flaxseed and I'm good for 2 hours. Then again I also have a sit on my butt office job. If you work your body more during your day it may not last you as long.
  • jbaerbock
    Options
    Ostrim sticks. The natural flavor is 80 calories and 14 grams of protein.

http://www.amazon.com/Proto-Foods-Ostrim-Natural-Flavor/dp/B001CU0N36

I can see someone going way high on sodium with those suckers easily. But otherwise that looks pretty interesting. Didn't know they made meat sticks with ostritch in them hehe.
  • harrypotter22
    harrypotter22 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    snap pea crisps
    jerky
  • harrypotter22
    harrypotter22 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    1.8 Oreo cookies.
    2 oreos are 140 calories if you had 8
    well you should check your math
    :P
  • Pibblestyle
    Options
    100 calories huh... An entire head of Romaine lettuce is 116 calories... That should make you pretty full... Or yaknow break up 6 or 7 inner leaves and add some balsamic vinegar 14 calories per tbsp or if you wanna get really festive picante salsa is 10 calories per 2 tbsp and can add some decent flavor to a salad :3 Rabbit food is your friend for sub 100 calories, carrots are 25 calories for a decent sized one, celery is pretty much a free pass in the calorie department... What you want to do is make at least one meal a day of high volume low calorie foods like these so you have more calories to spare for your main meal, trust me it helps to keep you on track.
  • rduhlir
    rduhlir Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    Edy's sugar free Vanilla Chocolate swirl ice cream is 100 calories a serving.
  • karenrich77
    karenrich77 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    1.8 Oreo cookies.
    2 oreos are 140 calories if you had 8
    well you should check your math
    :P

I think that's why they wrote 1.8 not 8 :P
  • Samstan101
    Samstan101 Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    This thread is far too healthy :wink: Snack size Mars - 80cals, Snack size Milky Way - 70cals, Snack size Maltesers - 99cals, and just for a bit of balance Muller Light Yoghurts are all around 80-100 cals depending on the flavour.
  • jbaerbock
    Options
    That's a lot of sugary stuff people are suggesting [shudder].