Thirty Day Shred

Options
13»

Replies

• gkauf744
    gkauf744 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    When I first started I had a hard time with the plank jacks, but now I love them!

I don't love plank jacks. I don't love burpees either. But I deal with them. 30DS is great. Nice and short, but gives you a real workout.
  • mombie2six
    mombie2six Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I'm on Level 2 Day 5 of the 30DS. For me, right around the time level one got "easy", it was time to move on to level 2... and level 2 is kicking my *kitten*! I am sweating head to toe by the time I'm finished, no exaggeration! It's not getting easier for me yet, lol. I may have to stay on this level a little longer than ten days, and that's okay. It's not really meant to be completed in 30 days. I read somewhere that it's meant to be done 4 or 5 days a week, not every day consecutively. And that you should stay on a level until you can complete it without breaks and aren't completely dead afterward, lol. I take 1 or 2 days a week and do some cardio only (elliptical usually) and give my muscles a little break.

I'm 5'5, 137lbs (I was 135, I gained 2 when I started 30DS.. water weight? muscles growing? who knows...) and I've lost 1 inch so far. Half an inch around my chest (under breasts) and half an inch around my hips.

Definitely take measurements and photos before you start, since the scale is not the best way to measure results from a work out like this one.

Have fun and don't give up! :)
  • UncoveringAmy
    Options
    Bounce 4:
    I did not exercise previously. I have a desk job. I'm 44yo. I weighed 211 lbs when I started it. In the beginning I had to do every single modification and then some. I did not even use weights for the first 10 days or so. Then I used 1 pound, then 3 pound. I had to take *many* 5 second rests. My knees killed me (but I do not have any knee injuries to consider so I just ignored that). I thought I was going to die but I did all three levels. I could not do one single *modified* push up when I started. Forget about a 10 second plank.

This sounds like me at the moment! I'm on day two of level 1, and it's a killer! I've done level 1 of 30DS before though and know that it is so rewarding when you experience those strength gains! At the moment I'm doing a modified, modified push up (kneeling down and pushing up from the couch). Weakest arms ever!
    janinelambias:
    I started running or doing other exercises while she does the jumping

Same, I like doing the boxing. Or I say "the hell with it" and just hold the ladies down while jumping!