Body Fat Breakthough

I am not advertising or promoting this...... but I did find this on Men's Health website.....

http://www.bodyfatbreakthrough.com/bodyfatbreakthrough/visual

Has anyone heard of or read this? 80lbs in 80 days?

18 months of postdoctoral studies? haha!

Only a PhD in exercise science with 18 months’ postdoctoral studies in food and nutrition — like Dr. Darden — would know secrets like these for turbocharging fat loss:

Everyone imagines that “sweating like a pig” during exercise, or taking a sauna, helps you trim down. In truth, says the doctor, it makes almost no dent at all in losing fat and can actually slow fat loss! See why on pages 171 and 188 of The Body Fat Breakthrough!

The one drink that actually subtracts calories — over 120 a day. when used as the doctor suggests on page 191.

How applying an ice pack to a certain part of your body for a short time prompts your body to torch fat faster! Page 36

Tip: How to lose fat while shampooing your hair. Really!
Page 36

IF it was dooable, surely there would be excess skin haging off.

Replies

• jalexaz
    jalexaz Posts: 1 Member
    I received this promo from Prevention. I was intrigued by the possibility of boosting my metabolism and
    increasing my body's ability to burn fat.
    Dr. Darden is a highly respected fitness expert. Very widely known in Men's fitness and body building.
    Recently he was promoting the HIT High Intensity Training) methods.
    I purchased the Kindle edition from Amazon. $9.99. The program is very clearly detailed. Does not
    seem overly complicated and he includes lots of research and before and after photos. He also includes
    men and women of all ages, so it's a great cross section.
    The program is 6 weeks and it's broken down into 2 week segments. I'll be starting next Monday and
    am optimistic that the fat and weight loss he talks will be realistic.
    I highly recommend the book.

J
  • StevenH74
    StevenH74 Posts: 129
    Thanks for the insight, please let me know how you do......

Lose weight shampooing your hair. This I wanna read,
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,905 Member
    This is the same Ellington Darden (who's been writing for years) and used to endorse Nautilus (24 Hour Fitness used to be 24 Hour Nautilus) stating that it was superior to building muscle and losing fat better than free weights.
    A lot of his philosophy still relies on "oldschool" methods. Some good, some BS.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • Bremac1
    Bremac1 Posts: 2
    I also saw the book advertised on Prevention. I bought the Kendle version and then bought the hardcopy book.My daughter and I just started following this book today - it would be great to have someone to follow along and give suggestion. I am doing the workout at home as I do not have a gym membership.

Thanks
    Bremac:huh:
  • ashandstuff
    ashandstuff Posts: 442 Member
    Sorry but all that sounds pretty bogus.
  • Mr_Excitement
    Mr_Excitement Posts: 833 Member
    I couldn't even read it. The layout just screams "scam", lol-- like those ads they used to put in magazines for x-ray specs and Sea Monkeys.
  • Evian101
    Evian101 Posts: 8 Member
    I've been following the program for 2 weeks. I have gone up a tiny bit in body fat and therefore weight. My muscle has gone down a tad.

It's odd because after a workout, I am actually shaking so I know I've worked my muscles. And they are really sore by the evening on the same day. So, I know I'm working hard.

I've also been following the low fat, high card 1400 calories a day diet for the last 2 weeks. Soon going down to 1200.

To compare with another workout program - For 2 weeks I was doing 3 x HIIT class, 3 x pump class, and walking everyday for 30 minutes. I was working like no tomorrow - but barely lost anything. I would regularly feel lightheaded, hence reaching my max heart rate. I think I lost 300g of fat in 2 weeks. Not a whole lot. I was just disappointed after all that effort. Plus, there was a possibility of injury.

So, I don't know anymore.
  • terrimaricle
    terrimaricle Posts: 62 Member
    Are you still doing the program?
  • 3laine75
    3laine75 Posts: 3,069 Member
    That's one of my favourite albums :)