Glamorous!

Options
Ok ladies, this has to be shared. This morning I woke up, a little late thinking " I need to go for my jog... but I don't want to get out of bed yet" but then I realized, the sooner I get up and get it done with, the sooner I can move on to something else today that's gonna help me "whip it!" So I get up, get dressed, braid my hair and get outside. It's FREEZING here, I live in central west Oregon, so we thankfully have no snow, but below freezing at a frigid 27 degrees. I put on "Evacuate the dance floor" and just flew. I felt like I was floating on my feet and jogged the whole first mile without stopping. I was so proud of myself as I was running, saying to myself, "just look at you go, Brooke. Look at how far you've gone!" Shortly after I realized how good it felt to stretch my lungs and breathe, and feel my heart pound as I was going... I felt a warm tear streak down my cheek. Yep ladies, I cried this morning because when I started doing this whole, "RUN EVERY DAY " thing... I couldn't even go for 100 feet without panting and stopping...and now I'm just go go going... as I got closer to home, I really wanted to give up and just chill... but I kept my eyes on my feet, not on the long road I had left to get to the house, and I notice, as I was looking towards the ground, the leaves looked like big lips, and the frost made everything look so beautiful and GLAMOROUS! I just kept my mind on that instead of how far I had left and before I knew it, I was at our mailbox. ... So long story... but just to know that the harder I pushed myself and how difficult it's been, and how many time's I've wanted to give up, the fact that I didn't and I can do as much as I can now, and the fact I still want to do it again, well it's just amazing. I'm just proud today!!!

Replies

• stellcorb
    stellcorb Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! It is a real accomplishment and be proud!
  • bethvandenberg
    bethvandenberg Posts: 1,496 Member
    Options
    Nice work! an inspiration!!
  • harls
    harls Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    A beautiful story! Thank you for sharing, and keep on doing what you're doing :)
  • carrieann8080
    Options
    That is awesome :) I love to run too and it means so much when you look back and remember how hard it was to start! Good for you and keep going!
  • alisons7598
    alisons7598 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    That is awesome! What a great accomplishment!
  • cyndyleg
    Options
    Good for you!! you should be proud of yourself!!
  • angellynn261
    Options
    Awesome! Keep up the good work! Thank you for sharing. That is very inspirational, and you definitely deserve to be proud!
  • goodjobrunner
    goodjobrunner Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    What a great story! Thanks for sharing it with us. It is truly inspiring.
  • RFish
    RFish Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    How inspirational this story is! Keep up the good work and thank you for sharing!
  • spitfire1962
    spitfire1962 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    That's a wonderful story. Thanks for sharing how far you've come. What an accomplishment! You go girl!!!
  • helloiloveukitty
    helloiloveukitty Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    I love that song!
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on the run. I'm going ot have to add that to my Nano.
    Glamorous by Fergie
    Fergalicious by Fergie
    Like a G6 by Far East Movement

are all great to run to.
  • prekteacher2
    Options
    You need to be proud of yourself. Whoohooo on staying focused, Keep up the great work.
  • hewhoiscd
    hewhoiscd Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options
    Very cool! Thanks for sharing :)
  • shrinkinggoddess
    Options
    Oh Brooke, Thank you for pointing me towards this post. I am overwhelmed with emotion and have tears streaming down my face. I hear what you're saying and know it to be true from my own past experiences of long ago and even not-so-long ago. Thankfully, I *remember* that feeling of being able to cycle 40km almost effortlessly or swim 100 laps almost effortlessly or do 2 or even 3 back-to-back aerobic classes. That feeling is incredible on so many levels and I want it back. Thanks for the reminder. You've just given me something else to type up and stick on my bathroom mirror.